Blog Entries

Default NBA - is anything called these days

I haven't watched the NBA in many years, but what with the Lorenzo Ball situation (created by his father) I decided to watch the Lakers' games.

And in the three games I've watched so far this season, everybody carries the ball, travels with the ball (all with nothing called), and there doesn't seem to be any teamwork involved at all.

Is it just a small sample size, or is every NBA game like this.
    "Let joy and innocence prevail."

2. Sponsored Links

Well, lots of violations and fouls are called. It takes massive teamwork to win a championship. And these are the greatest athletes in the world. Other than that I'm not sure what to say.

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    Well, lots of violations and fouls are called. It takes massive teamwork to win a championship. And these are the greatest athletes in the world..
    I've yet to see the violation for carrying the ball called, yet they do it all the time.

I've yet to see the violation for travelling called, yet they do it all the time.

All that the refs seem to call is if someone tugs another guy's arm...

Admittedly it's a small sample size, just the Lakers' 4 games to date...

As for NBA athletes being the greatest in the world - how in the world do you make that determination????

Other than that I'm not sure what to say.
    How many "travels" do you see in a game? How many "carries"? Are they ever called? If so, what percentage.

I know back in my day Shaq used to get away with murder, of course - all the superstars do - which is what turned me away from the NBA to begin with.

And it's just gotten worse and worse.
    "Let joy and innocence prevail."

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Alex McAlpine View Post
    I've yet to see the violation for carrying the ball called, yet they do it all the time.

I've yet to see the violation for travelling called, yet they do it all the time.

All that the refs seem to call is if someone tugs another guy's arm...

Admittedly it's a small sample size, just the Lakers' 4 games to date...

As for NBA athletes being the greatest in the world - how in the world do you make that determination????

How many "travels" do you see in a game? How many "carries"? Are they ever called? If so, what percentage.

I know back in my day Shaq used to get away with murder, of course - all the superstars do - which is what turned me away from the NBA to begin with.

And it's just gotten worse and worse.
    have you seen how much Duke basketball players have flopped in the past?

8. Sponsored Links