Default How Can the NFL Stop the Ratings Slide & Become Popular Again?

Appease to bully Trump and his loyal crybabies?

What to do with the fears of CTE?

Get rid of Thursday Night Football?

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkjetsfan View Post
    Appease to bully Trump and his loyal crybabies?

What to do with the fears of CTE?

Get rid of Thursday Night Football?
    Besides some message boards I haven't run into any people that actually care about NFL players and CTE. I think it is a combination of a poor product on the field and the political statement. That said, I still do not believe ratings are down that much regardless.

Get rid of the cap or use someone else suggestion of not counting the highest paid player towards the cap. People like to watch really good teams, not watered down teams.

4. Sponsored Links

Part of the ratings slide is due to the advent of streaming broadcasts. No longer are viewers trapped by whatever Fox / CBS decides is the national game for your market. Nor do we have to pay for a pricey cable NFL package. We can simply go online, find a HD stream of the game we want to watch, and then watch it on our tablet, phone, or hook it up to our TV. I've watched games every Sunday this NFL year this way. More and more people are doing this and we show negatively in the ratings even though we are in fact watching.

I don't think the average fan cares about CTE in so far as watching / not watching.

The anthem stuff is hurting and will continue to hurt until players stop which is unlikely because Trump Daddy isn't likely to let it. He wants to hurt the NFL due to his past grudges and this is an easy way for him to do so. He doesn't care about the anthem, he cares about retaliation over his USFL failures and the other owners sabotaging his attempt to buy the Buffalo Bills.

6. Sponsored Links

If the NFL were not afraid of the players & put their foot down, when the players disrespected the Flag & the Anthem, I think this would be over. Plus the cry baby liberals that lost the election like to blame Trump for everything.But it's the players who disrespected the flag & Anthem, not Trump. It's the NFL owners & Sponsor who are condoning this behavior, not Trump.

8. Sponsored Links

P.S. One of the NFL players rushed on the field Thursday Night & pushed a referee, Is Trump going to get the blame for that too. The NFL is afraid of the players & they are going to be sorry.

10. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Laverta6 View Post
    If the NFL were not afraid of the players & put their foot down, when the players disrespected the Flag & the Anthem, I think this would be over. Plus the cry baby liberals that lost the election like to blame Trump for everything.But it's the players who disrespected the flag & Anthem, not Trump. It's the NFL owners & Sponsor who are condoning this behavior, not Trump.
    If you refused to watch an NFL game because some players kneeled to the anthem, you're not really a true fan & a thin-skinned crybaby. Just don't watch the anthem, plain and simple. When will conservatives will stand up & denounce bully Trump?

12. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkjetsfan View Post
    If you refused to watch an NFL game because some players kneeled to the anthem, you're not really a true fan & a thin-skinned crybaby. Just don't watch the anthem, plain and simple. When will conservatives will stand up & denounce bully Trump?
    You sound like the crybaby whining about 'bully' Trump. He took your candy?

14. Sponsored Links

No, I am not a true fan of the NFL., I am a fan of our Country's hero's, that fought for our Country, and those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Not Millionaire & multi-Millionaires football players living in mansions & crying oppression? I am a fan of people like Ira Hayes the Pima Indian that was one of the flag raisers on Iwo Jima. On another note the boycott is working the NFL is offering 500 free tickets to the Super Bowl, I guess they don't want empty seats shown.

16. Sponsored Links

No, I am not a true fan of the NFL., I am a fan of our Country's hero's, that fought for our Country, and those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Not Millionaire & multi-Millionaires football players living in mansions & crying oppression? I am a fan of people like Ira Hayes the Pima Indian that was one of the flag raisers on Iwo Jima. On another note the boycott is working the NFL is offering 500 free tickets to the Super Bowl, I guess they don't want empty seats shown.
    LOL

There will be no empty seats the Superbowl. Every year they do contests and giveaways for "lucky fans" to attend the superbowl. Nothing new there.

As to rest, funny how you are so upset over the actions of ELEVEN players. Eleven players sat or kneeled this most recent week and eight of them were on the Seahawks.

Meanwhile how well reported was this, Tom Brady (the greatest of all time) and Chris Hogan out in the pre game slapping hands with the military people going to for the ceremonies. Video at link.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/New-Engla...e-Su-109325270

This was basically a dead issue until Trump Baby roared and the players then protested Trump for a week or two, not the flag.

18. Sponsored Links

The N.F.L is considering cutting back or eliminating Thursday Night Football, due to the over saturation of Football. Not The boycott !!!!!..lol That's Goodell the snake oil salesman.lol

Keep up the good work , the boycott is working !!!

20. Sponsored Links

The N.F.L is considering cutting back or eliminating Thursday Night Football, due to the over saturation of Football. Not The boycott !!!!!..lol That's Goodell the snake oil salesman.lol

Keep up the good work , the boycott is working !!!
    Actually they've been getting massive pushback from players for years now over Thursday night football as it takes such a toll on players. They play Sunday and then have to turn around and play just four days later.

22. Sponsored Links