Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Who told Kapernick to kneel instead of sit? A military veteran named Nate Boyer.

Watch this video below conservatives and keep an open-mind.

For those who can't see the video, here's a summary:

Nate Boyer, a military veteran, who initially blasted Kaepernick for sitting, during the National Anthem, decided to have a face-to-face conversation with Kaepernick. Both of them expressed their views on the subject matter. Boyer suggested that he should knee, as a sign of respect, when doing the National Anthem. Kaepernick decided to use his suggestion and now both are allies. Boyer is extremely disappointed in President Trump for making his SOB and "cut them" comments and suggested that he sit down and actually try to make peace with the Kneelers rather than throw a temper tantrum. You know, show some presidential behavior.

Does this change your narrative? Do you still want to see players getting cut or called SOBs for peacefully protesting?

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

It would be excellent if President Trump could peacefully and honorably reconcile this national mess. I doubt though that there is anything he can do or say that will appease anti-Trumpers. Some are so far gone, I'd label it a mental disorder.
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

4. Sponsored Links

5. Likes ohknow35, Kung Foo Panda liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    It would be excellent if President Trump could peacefully and honorably reconcile this national mess. I doubt though that there is anything he can do or say that will appease anti-Trumpers. Some are so far gone, I'd label it a mental disorder.
    Trump could do a lot:

1. Apologize for the nasty things he's said.
    2. Not going on temper tantrums on twitter.
    3. Take the high ground, rather than low ground.
    4. Stop thinking he's better than everybody else.

People don't like Trump because of his behavior and how non-Presidential he is.

He should take a cue from Boyer. Actually sit down and talk to people he disagrees with, and come to a solution.

7. Sponsored Links

8. Likes Brack liked this post

Trump benefits from injustice why would he rock that boat?

10. Sponsored Links

I'm a "Military veteran" (is there another kind?) and I'm telling Kapernick to stand the **** up, face the flag and shut his cakehole.

There, I canceled out the other guy.

12. Sponsored Links

13. Likes ohknow35, DMK, Kung Foo Panda liked this post

He can't....
    He won't....
    He doesn't care....
    As long as the right continues to change the narrative on why Kaepernick takes a knee the country will continue to be divided.

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Trump could do even better.

1.Acknowledge the players concerns about, illegal, Un-American, police brutality where it has occurred and reiterate that violent, irresponsible, disrespectful behavior by anyone is dangerous, and the need for all citizens to forgive, improve.

2. Suggest to the players that they might take a knee in prayer together for the country BEFORE the game if they so choose, as is their right

3. State that the government has no authority to force private citizens to sit, stand, or kneel because that's un-American

4. Ask and remind ALL Americans including players to please stand during the National Anthem as a continuing sign of national unity and for all that is good about America and the principles for which the flag fly's and their fellow American brothers and sisters have fought and continue to fight for

That should about cover it

The sad but predicable part is generations of Americans this age older and younger have been taught that there's not enough good about America to stand for the National Anthem.

and who's fault is that?

^It's a free country^
    Elect, Primary, Repeat, Party - Teaparty
    Nature's Solar Power - Cleaner Burning Natural Gas

17. Sponsored Links

18. Likes ohknow35 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky SF Dude View Post
    I'm a "Military veteran" (is there another kind?) and I'm telling Kapernick to stand the **** up, face the flag and shut his cakehole.

Thank you for demonstrating the invalidity of the military argument.

20. Sponsored Links

What the hell???

Trump doesn't clean up messes. He CAUSES them. He gets off on CAUSING them.

Damn

22. Sponsored Links

Why is the whole Nation so gullible? Trump cleverly used this as a distraction and out another wedge between those with opposing views.

He is doing what all politicians have always done, ferment dissent so the electorate bicker between themselves looking at what is going on here while they miss what's really happening over there.

People talk about respecting the Anthrm while they watch a football game eating food and cleaning their mouths with napkins that have the stars and stripes printed on it. Not grasping the irony of using that to clean their mess up.

The only reason why they have the Anthem played at sporting events is to add to the entertainment factor. We don't play the anthem before plays, concerts, etc.

24. Sponsored Links

25. Likes Apocalypto, BlackWolf, MidwestIndy, Brack liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Why is the whole Nation so gullible? Trump cleverly used this as a distraction and out another wedge between those with opposing views.

He is doing what all politicians have always done, ferment dissent so the electorate bicker between themselves looking at what is going on here while they miss what's really happening over there.

People talk about respecting the Anthrm while they watch a football game eating food and cleaning their mouths with napkins that have the stars and stripes printed on it. Not grasping the irony of using that to clean their mess up.

The only reason why they have the Anthem played at sporting events is to add to the entertainment factor. We don't play the anthem before plays, concerts, etc.
    I do like US flag bikinis though.

27. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky SF Dude View Post

Spoken like a true privileged caucasian......
    “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    — Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

29. Sponsored Links

That'll help reconcile the nation. Saying people have a mental disorder.
    My Paul Ryan Marathon time is: 1:51:51

31. Sponsored Links

Playing the anthem at sporting events, cheapens the meaning of the flag in my view. Most spectators are either buying/eating food, sitting while drinking their beer or taking a dump at the john, so why play the anthem at all if no one is going to respect it?
    I don't stand by anything - Donald trump

33. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypto View Post
    Playing the anthem at sporting events, cheapens the meaning of the flag in my view. Most spectators are either buying/eating food, sitting while drinking their beer or taking a dump at the john, so why play the anthem at all if no one is going to respect it?
    Not sure what games you are attending, the ones I do, the vast majority of people stand and behave well during the anthem, the wife cries every time, which I find a bit over the top but oh well.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

35. Sponsored Links