Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Default trump: First president to speak at hate group's annual summit.....

As trump continues to please his eroding base he will become the first sitting president to speak at the Family Research Council Value Voters Summit tomorrow....
    As half the country is on fire...the other under water trump finds time in his hectic schedule to speak at a group that has been labled a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law center...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7997401.html

Afterwards he will be hitting the links....
    “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    — Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes TennisOps liked this post
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Lima India Bravo View Post
    So, you are sure there is a god?

That same logic says that you would have to be god to declare that there is one, anywhere, ever, anytime ...

You must believe you're god.
    Oh, and beware of Black Swans, you seem to have a blind spot there.
    Hillary GONE! Obama GONE! AGW WOUNDED! Obamacare Pray!
    Ronald Reagan's 9 most terrifying words in the English language: "I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."

5. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdBase View Post
    As trump continues to please his eroding base he will become the first sitting president to speak at the Family Research Council Value Voters Summit tomorrow....
    As half the country is on fire...the other under water trump finds time in his hectic schedule to speak at a group that has been labled a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law center...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7997401.html

Afterwards he will be hitting the links....

7. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    No, He just made me great at logic.
    No, someone just indoctrinated you with silly superstitious beliefs that make you think you're great at logic.

George Washington: Could not tell a lie
    Richard Nixon: Could not tell the truth
    Donald Trump: Can not tell the difference.

9. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

I'm an atheist and I think that's all imaginary crap to make people feel better about things they cannot control "because god".
    Well, when you become dictator you can set policy to reflect that belief.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

11. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

No, someone just indoctrinated you with silly superstitious beliefs that make you think you're great at logic.
    No, I set the curve in logic at University.

And I was saved despite my worse self.

Then I became a "Calvinist", be cause logic proved the reasoning true.

Perhaps you have not heard that God loves you and sent his Son to die for your sins.
    We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
    The wages of sin is death.
    Jesus paid that price for you.
    Ronald Reagan's 9 most terrifying words in the English language: "I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."

13. Sponsored Links

14. Likes coolidge liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

So, you are sure there is a god?

That same logic says that you would have to be god to declare that there is one, anywhere, ever, anytime ...

You must believe you're god.
    Logical fallacy. You are comparing certain knowledge something doesn't exist to the possibility something exists, different standards apply to those levels of certainty. I don't have to know aliens exist to believe it's possible they do. But if you want to claim they don't, that's a far heavier burden of proof. To leave open the possibility soemthing does exist all I need is to show you or anyone else have proven it doesn't.
    Last edited by zantax; October 13th, 2017 at 1:01 am.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    Well, when you become dictator you can set policy to reflect that belief.
    I wouldn't want my beliefs to be policy any more than I would want the beliefs of others to become policy.

Unfortunately, many of those who believe in the christian "god", want their beliefs to become policy. As do many of those who believe in the teachings of the Moslem faith.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Logical fallacy. You are comparing certain knowledge something doesn't exist to the possibility something exists, different standards apply to those levels of certainty. I don't have to know aliens exist to believe it's possible they do. But if you want to claim they don't, that's a far heavier burden of proof. To leave open the possibility soemthing does exist all I need is to show you or anyone else have proven it doesn't.
    Exactly.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

I believe it's far, far more possible that aliens, specifically life forms on other planets in other solar systems, exist than that the christian "god" exists. "God" is a fiction of the minds of people who have no other way to grasp the immense concept of life, eternity, the universe and how the earth came to exist.

As I've said, if it gives them comfort, so be it. But they need to keep that mental pablum to themselves and not impose it on others who don't believe as they do. And for DAMN sure, not attempt to govern others based on their silly beliefs.

22. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

I wouldn't want my beliefs to be policy any more than I would want the beliefs of others to become policy.

Unfortunately, many of those who believe in the christian "god", want their beliefs to become policy. As do many of those who believe in the teachings of the Moslem faith.
    Peoples motivation for the policy they want is really none of your business.

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Peoples motivation for the policy they want is really none of your business.
    If it affects my life, if it is in conflict with my own beliefs, it is damned sure my business! I don't impose my beliefs on others, and don't want them to impose theirs on me.

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

If it affects my life, if it is in conflict with my own beliefs, it is damned sure my business! I don't impose my beliefs on others, and don't want them to impose theirs on me.
    That is why you are trying to label the FRC(?) a "Hate Group".

So, from your post I assume that you respect their freedom of speech?

28. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Must suck to be you because every law on the books is society imposing their collective belief of what is right and wrong on you.

30. Sponsored Links

31. Likes pennysworth liked this post
    My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Liberal Lackey
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    I disagree with that, which you already know. That is a political position though. I would like to be on record and disagreeing with that and calling it stupid. I am not sticking up for that. My point is while we are calling them a hate group the skinheads are celebrating cause it gives them credibility to be on par with this group. It is not about trashing gays cause as you know that is not me.

Its a bit of a sticky wicket though, Jwil.

According to the group’s website, a hate group must have “beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics.” Being named as a hate group “does not imply a group advocates or engages in violence or other criminal activity.”

By their own definition the FRC certainly qualifies, its others who are equating the designation of a "hate group" as being inherently violent.

Does this equate them with the KKK? Of course not. But what both groups have in common is hatred.

I have been posting here for quite a bit. If someone posts some statistic that is terrible and hateful about homosexuals it almost always is derived from the FRC. A lot of people here have been poisoned by their propaganda regarding homosexuals and pedophilia.

And a lot of their leadership openly participates in meetings involving White Supremacist organizations, but you cannot honestly state that their actions damn the entire organization. What is damning is that they weren't fired for doing so.

They have openly embraced conversion therapy and have fought states who sought to ban it. This is torture of children who are gay, using psychologic and physical torture including electric shocks to their genitalia and sleep deprivation.

The teach hate, they help others hate more, and promote torture of those they hate.

They are a hate group.
    People will tell you anything but what they do is always the truth. P. J. O'Rourke

33. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

"Family Research Council on January 28, 2013 issued an amicus brief in support of Proposition 8 case and DOMA case before the Supreme Court arguing for the court to uphold DOMA banning federal recognition of same-sex unions and Proposition 8 banning gay marriage in California."

"The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is a law that, among other things, prohibited married same-sex couples from collecting federal benefits. It was overruled on June 26, 2015 by the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Obergefell v. Hodges."

35. Sponsored Links