Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    Article on how Trumps EO may doom Obama care by allowing choice. He allows small business to get together and buy across state lines, and to provide short term plan that don't have all the requirement of Obama care like mental health and BC pills etc..

"Trumpís executive order directs his administration to begin formulating an approach to allow small businesses to join together across state lines to purchase coverage through what are known as Association Health Plans (AHPs). The executive order also expands access to short term coverage plans that donít comply with Obamacare requirements"

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/12/tr...oom-obamacare/
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3558499

You tell me...
    that his biggest promise was to repeal and replace Obamacare on day one....
    He forgets to sign it????
    He can hardly give 2 ****s......in his mind it's a loss.....
    And everyone knows it...

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBravoLambchop View Post
    Yes i do know that but thanks for bringing it up.
    If Obamacare is repealed we wont see any reduction in our taxes, no matter where it goes after we pay it.

Taxes will stay the same if not go higher and the added cost of premium hikes and hospitals passing the cost of the uninsured onto us makes no sense to me.
    JMHO
    Remind me which party vehemently opposes tax cuts again?
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Defiant
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

I can vividly remember him saying that he would deliver better care, lower premiums and lower deductibles.

Which is totally impossible.

And people fell for it.

And it was a lie.

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Man View Post
    I can vividly remember him saying that he would deliver better care, lower premiums and lower deductibles.

Which is totally impossible.

And people fell for it.

And it was a lie.
    That's odd, I had lower rates, lower deductibles, and better care before Obamacare.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

8. Sponsored Links

9. Likes HeyJude, dianeinwa liked this post
    My Mood
    Perplexed
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBravoLambchop View Post
    Yes i do know that but thanks for bringing it up.
    If Obamacare is repealed we wont see any reduction in our taxes, no matter where it goes after we pay it.

Taxes will stay the same if not go higher and the added cost of premium hikes and hospitals passing the cost of the uninsured onto us makes no sense to me.
    JMHO
    The only reason we're having this exchange of opinion, is because of this perverse mess, called Obamacare. If you are one of those who has to purchase, and pay the full premium for Obamacare, you'd realize, there's some of your tax. And it's on top of your income taxes. Welfare disguised as insurance, and called healthcare. It's not healthcare. It's just crappy insurance, that's actually not even insurance. Now if one has a decent employer subsidized plan, you don't notice so much, so what's the fuss about? Or if one has to buy specific **** in the "open" market, but generously subsidized, it's no doubt sweet smelling. Also perversely, now that O'Care is so inculcated, it's become the platform for everything else. Including the genius, self serving Republicans, repeal and replace, ideas. These people probably know less, and couldn't care less, about what Obamacare does for, or to people. The costs whatever they are, are the costs. The more larded up, with "benefits," and/or bureaucracy the more the costs, of course. It's just who's paying for it, and how, and who gets what.

11. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Perplexed
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    That's odd, I had lower rates, lower deductibles, and better care before Obamacare.
    Me too. Significantly lower.

I rationally chose what my family wanted/needed, considering what I could fit into my budget, as well. I also understood what I was buying, and paying for, and what I wasn't buying and paying for.. Never had an insurance company break the contract, that I agreed to. When needed I always had great care by providers.

They didn't have to **** with people who were OK, wanted to be, some just marginally. Some just at the razor's edge of self sufficiency, now over the edge.

13. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Calm
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    What board was I reading, during the Obama years, when posters blew a casket when Obama did EOs? Was it this one? Wasn't the OP one of the posters that blew a casket?
    LOL!!!! I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I just had to laugh picturing that. It's "blew a gasket", not casket. But quite funny none the less. Especially in a thread about failed health insurance.
    Last edited by Toll Collector; October 13th, 2017 at 2:54 am.

15. Sponsored Links

16. Likes CaughtInTheMiddle, HeyJude liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    And I will predict that there are Trump supporters out in the real world that will also be hurt by this action.

Good.

I hope they really feel the pain of their idiotic decision.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Former Paratrooper View Post
    I guess you don't remember how many changes were made to Obamacare by EO...even before the law was taking effect. More waivers than you could count. All to make a lousy law appear better.
    The law had specific provisions for the (temporary) waivers that were given.
    "You're going to have such great healthcare, at a tiny fraction of the cost - and it's going to be so easy." - Donald Trump, October 2016

20. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Trump will doom Obama care by allowing choice...

the ironic part is that for too many "choice" is only good if you are destroying a fetus...
    -Imp

cogito ergo cogito
    sum ergo sum

22. Sponsored Links

23. Likes HeyJude liked this post
    My Mood
    Joyously Loving Soul-Dancing
    Ideology
    Partisan Hack
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Impenitent View Post
    Trump will doom Obama care by allowing choice...

the ironic part is that for too many "choice" is only good if you are destroying a fetus...
    Some people see,the world as one of those hidden picture drawings, and every picture they find is a fetus.

WH is also confirming that Trump will the payments of cost sharing reductions, conservatively raising,premiums by 20%, unraveling,ACA markets and adding ~$200 billion to annual,budget deficits.

25. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

"Trumpís executive order directs his administration to begin formulating an approach "

He was elected almost a year ago, but they're going to begin to formulate an approach now. Don't worry. After they begin to formulate an approach, they'll consider how to approach implementation. After that, they will proceed to the development stage. Action tentatively planned to begin summer 2028.
    Honesty is always the best policy.
    Steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world.
    Even our commercial policy should hold an equal and impartial hand

27. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Lizard View Post
    He was elected almost a year ago, but they're going to begin to formulate an approach now. Don't worry. After they begin to formulate an approach, they'll consider how to approach implementation. After that, they will proceed to the development stage. Action tentatively planned to begin summer 2028.
    Makes sense, it's not unreasonable for him to think a republican controlled congress could actually pass repeal, considering that they had already done it once under Obama. But you guys have to make up your minds, this will do nothing, or cause untold suffering and destroy everyone on Obamacare.

29. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Lizard View Post
    Yeah, it's all ****ed up. First Trump lied and said he had a plan (and the suckers bought it). Now Trump is mad that Congress doesn't have a plan so he appears to be trying to come up with a plan that he said he already had. In conjunction he will issue executive orders. All of this will put Congress behind the eight-ball because they don't have a plan either.

They don't care about people getting Health Care coverage all they care about is a legislative victory. They're the worst kind of political whores.

31. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Joyously Loving Soul-Dancing
    Ideology
    Partisan Hack
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Makes sense, it's not unreasonable for him to think a republican controlled congress could actually pass repeal, considering that they had already done it once under Obama. But you guys have to make up your minds, this will do nothing, or cause untold suffering and destroy everyone on Obamacare.
    This is another example of the dangers of a neophyte know nothing sitting in the White House. Anybody paying attention to Republicans in Congress for the last 20 years would realize they don't know how to do **** or how **** even works. Don't know and they don't care.

Republicans, and Trump, are vandals. Conservatives in general too. They don't know how to build anything, they only know how to take things apart.

33. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Is it unreasonable for me to think a man who has repeatedly said “I have a plan’ it’s a great plan; we’ll submit it in a few weeks” over and over for over 2 years and now puts on paper his admin is going to “begin formulating” a plan…well…to assume that man never really had a plan and isn’t working particularly hard on one now?

But why can’t he do both? Trumpublicans are totally capable of not working on anything to fix the costs and also cutting funding that Ocare provided.

Last edited by Bill the Lizard; October 13th, 2017 at 7:47 am.
    Honesty is always the best policy.
    Steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world.
    Even our commercial policy should hold an equal and impartial hand

35. Sponsored Links