Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    It's amazing that this article is from the Huffington post. That shows how bad Harvey was abusing young women for decades. Sadly, I'm sure people at Huffpo knew for years that this guy was a serial rapist and abuser, but hey he was good for leftist so, shhhhhhh!

"How Top NBC Executives Quashed The Bombshell Harvey Weinstein Story"

"Farrow scored his first major reporting coup in January: an on-camera interview with actress Rose McGowan during which she accused Weinstein of sexually assaulting her when she was 23 years old. The Times has reported that McGowan settled her sexual assault claim with Weinstein for $100,000 in 1997. Ultimately, McGowan withdrew her permission for NBC News to use the footage after she’d received legal threats from Weinstein.In March, Farrow obtained audio in which Weinstein admits to having sexually assaulted Italian model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez. The audio was recorded a day after Gutierrez had gone to the New York Police Department and told officers that Weinstein had groped her breasts and attempted to put a hand up her skirt."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0eb18af059685

With the revelations that top new execs at NBC spiked this story, which would have effectually let Harvey continue raping young girls looking for a break, I'm surprised that hosts like Maddow still work there. Apparently, they support their management's decision. Or are they just greedy?

Why so?
    "The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering." -- Tom Waits

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Default How NBC quashed the Weinstein rape story..

It's amazing that this article is from the Huffington post. That shows how bad Harvey was abusing young women for decades. Sadly, I'm sure people at Huffpo knew for years that this guy was a serial rapist and abuser, but hey he was good for leftist so, shhhhhhh!

"Farrow scored his first major reporting coup in January: an on-camera interview with actress Rose McGowan during which she accused Weinstein of sexually assaulting her when she was 23 years old. The Times has reported that McGowan settled her sexual assault claim with Weinstein for $100,000 in 1997. Ultimately, McGowan withdrew her permission for NBC News to use the footage after she’d received legal threats from Weinstein.In March, Farrow obtained audio in which Weinstein admits to having sexually assaulted Italian model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez. The audio was recorded a day after Gutierrez had gone to the New York Police Department and told officers that Weinstein had groped her breasts and attempted to put a hand up her skirt."

With the revelations that top new execs at NBC spiked this story, which would have effectually let Harvey continue raping young girls looking for a break, I'm surprised that hosts like Maddow still work there. Apparently, they support their management's decision. Or are they just greedy?

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

4. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

It means the left has turned on Harvey. Not all of them, but many.
    "Finally turned"? The reporting was done by liberal MSNBC-vet Ronan Farrow and published in stereotypically-liberal New Yorker magazine.
    "The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering." -- Tom Waits

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    Why so?
    It means the left has turned on Harvey. Not all of them, but many.

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Funny exchange between Anthony BourdainVerified account and clintoon hacks..

http://freebeacon.com/culture/clinto...stein-accuser/

And I have to say, Hillary's interview with Fareed Zakaria was shameful in its deflection and its disingenuousness.

4:31 PM - 11 Oct 2017

Tony Bony...lol!

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ecstatic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Why are you obsessed about making this about politics. It transcends politics and everyone should be united in their condemnation for this man.

There is a lot of rich and powerful men with all sorts of political views that use their wealth and influence to get away with the things we normal joes wouldnt. It has zero to do with politics. They spread their money around, they make promises, they get people beholden to them. It has always happened and always will.

What is amazing is how fast Weinsteins fall from grace was once the story broke.

In the UK we have a child abuse scandal of apocalyptic proportions, and the more we find out the more we realize that paedophiles had infiltrated every aspect of society and government. We have what seems like ever entertainer from the 70s and 80s involved, politicians on both sides and even previous Prime Ministers implicated. Jimmy Saville one of the most despicable and reprehensible human beings to breathe used his influence and wealth to abuse thousands of children. It was not politics that allowed this to happen but human greed and fear of losing their positions.

Just wish for once we could see where the real tragedy is and it isn't left versus right here.

12. Sponsored Links

13. Likes MollyBrown, GibsonSG, Reinaert liked this post
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    "Finally turned"? The reporting was done by liberal MSNBC-vet Ronan Farrow and published in stereotypically-liberal New Yorker magazine.
    Did you read how hard it was for him to get it published? And what about the last 30 years of his know abuse..

Ask Rose Mcgowan..

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Looks less like NBC quashed then like McGowan took a settlement that most likely included non-disclosure.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

17. Sponsored Links

18. Likes InternetsEscapeGoat liked this post
    My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

So?

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Why are you obsessed about making this about politics. It transcends politics and everyone should be united in their condemnation for this man.

There is a lot of rich and powerful men with all sorts of political views that use their wealth and influence to get away with the things we normal joes wouldnt. It has zero to do with politics. They spread their money around, they make promises, they get people beholden to them. It has always happened and always will.

What is amazing is how fast Weinsteins fall from grace was once the story broke.

In the UK we have a child abuse scandal of apocalyptic proportions, and the more we find out the more we realize that paedophiles had infiltrated every aspect of society and government. We have what seems like ever entertainer from the 70s and 80s involved, politicians on both sides and even previous Prime Ministers implicated. Jimmy Saville one of the most despicable and reprehensible human beings to breathe used his influence and wealth to abuse thousands of children. It was not politics that allowed this to happen but human greed and fear of losing their positions.

Just wish for once we could see where the real tragedy is and it isn't left versus right here.

If Hillary wins, this story never makes the light of day.. Harvey has been a big leftist for years, and everyone knew what he was doing, but they wanted his money. And it's just like Bill Clinton, so the left has a record of supporting serial abusers who are powerful men.

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

I don't stand by anything - Donald trump

24. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypto View Post
    Are there any liberal politicians actually denying the allegations or defending Weinstein's behavior?

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

If Hillary wins, this story never makes the light of day.. Harvey has been a big leftist for years, and everyone knew what he was doing, but they wanted his money. And it's just like Bill Clinton, so the left has a record of supporting serial abusers who are powerful men.
    I don't stand by anything - Donald trump

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdBase View Post
    So?
    So, anyone still working at NBC is supporting managements efforts to cover up Harveys abuse of women..........

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Did you read how hard it was for him to get it published? And what about the last 30 years of his know abuse..

Ask Rose Mcgowan..
    You ask Rose Mcgowan why she settled for some money and didn't prosecute.

You ask Rose Mcgowan why she told NBC they couldn't use the footage after Weinstein threatened legal action.

You ask all of the women that didn't report Trump when he was sexually assaulting and intimidating them just like Weinstein why they didn't go after him.

This is a societal problem that we have, not something to be turned into a moronic left/right issue.

32. Sponsored Links