Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default Is it time to look into shutting down NBC News?

Yeah, I know: Don't feed trolls, but . . . jeez, does everything have to be so on the nose?

With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I guess this would be a little more chilling if it wasn't so stupid and empty.

Plus, he's just a guy asking questions.
    Last edited by margaretms; October 11th, 2017 at 11:13 am.
    "The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering." -- Tom Waits

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    Nonsense. The office of the president is different and unrecognizable. Attacking the media for unfavorable coverage and suggesting governmental action against them is un-American and the behavior of an authoritarian.
    Says the same people who have been screaming we need to do something about fake news ever since Hillary lost.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    Nonsense. The office of the president is different and unrecognizable. Attacking the media for unfavorable coverage and suggesting governmental action against them is un-American and the behavior of an authoritarian.
    Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you about what Trump has done to the presidency.
    If you are a liberal progressive, click below:
    http://forums.hannity.com/image.php?...ine=1495832717

6. Sponsored Links

7. Likes Oryx liked this post
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    Goes both ways, I see Hillary complain about fake news directed at her quite a bit, never saw her complain about erroneous news reports about Trump.
    When did she talk about taking licenses away?

9. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by bodecea View Post
    When did she talk about taking licenses away?
    Every time she claimed she was deliberately lied about on the news, since existing guidelines provide for removal of your license for deliberately broadcasting lies as news.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

11. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAway View Post
    not the same thing and you know it.
    Your beef is with existing FCC guidelines. Not Trump for suggesting they be adhered to. Do you think broadcast licensee's should be able to deliberately broadcast lies or to deliberately slant the news, yes or no? If no, why should Trump refrain from calling for those guidelines to be adhered to if he believes it is taking place?
    Last edited by zantax; October 13th, 2017 at 10:14 am.

13. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Progressive Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Why Trump's threats are just more bluster.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...s-off-the-air/

Were Trump to try to follow through on his threat, it’s unclear how he might proceed. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is in charge of regulating communications via TV, radio, and other media. The FCC is an independent federal agency whose members are appointed to five-year terms, and the current commissioners are unlikely to carry out the president’s war with the media: The FCC’s chairman, Agit Pai, is known for having a pro-corporate agenda, not one of sinking networks by kicking them off the air. Glen Robinson, who served as an FCC commissioner in the 1970s, says he doesn’t think Pai “would be stupid enough to act on Trump’s temper tantrum.”

If Trump somehow convinced the commissioners to act on his political vendetta, it’s not obvious how they would do it. As Politico reported, the FCC does not license networks, as Trump implies. Instead, it grants eight-year licenses to local stations. Some stations are owned by Comcast, the parent company of NBC, but much of NBC is run through local affiliates owned by other companies.

Should the FCC decide to retaliate against every local license-holder that broadcasts NBC or another network the president is feuding with, it would run up against its own processes. The FCC allows local competitors and residents to contest license renewal applications, and the grounds for denying a renewal are narrow, requiring that the station violate FCC rules. “Comcast knows full well that the FCC will never, ever, deny its license renewal applications,” Andrew Jay Schwartzman, an expert in telecommunications law at Georgetown University Law Center, told CNN.

#MAGA = Morons Are Governing America.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

15. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Every time she claimed she was deliberately lied about on the news, since existing guidelines provide for removal of your license for deliberately broadcasting lies as news.
    not the same thing and you know it.

"It's a hard road when you know where you're going and it's harder when you know where you're not."

17. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Progressive Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

post a direct quote of Hillary Clinton calling for a news organization to have it's license checked or revoked
    How much time do you have?

#MAGA = Morons Are Governing America.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

19. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

post a direct quote of Hillary Clinton calling for a news organization to have it's license checked or revoked
    She's more subtle but no less dangerous to free speech, more dangerous for her subtlety. See facebook censorship and banning of what they deem fake news.

21. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Your beef is with existing FCC guidelines. Not Trump for suggesting they be adhered to.

"It's a hard road when you know where you're going and it's harder when you know where you're not."

23. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

She's more subtle but no less dangerous to free speech, more dangerous for her subtlety. See facebook censorship and banning of what they deem fake news.
    so you can't. thanks.

25. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

so you can't. thanks.
    Like I said, your beef is with the existing licensing guidelines.

27. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

no need to keep blathering on about the FCC and wandering all over the place. I asked a simple question and you can't answer it.
    Pretty sure I did answer it.

29. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't know
    Post Like Stats

Says the same people who have been screaming we need to do something about fake news ever since Hillary lost.
    I haven't been saying any such thing. Stop with the strawmen.

31. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Like I said, your beef is with the existing licensing guidelines.
    no need to keep blathering on about the FCC and wandering all over the place. I asked a simple question and you can't answer it.

33. Sponsored Links