Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Default American Mass Murders

What's going on? There were no mass murders in America from 1776 to 1949. One in 1949. Then none again until 1966. Then none again until 1982. The majority have occurred from the late 1980's until the present.

So, Americans have always had guns since the revolution but have not been committing mass murder. And there have always been mental health issues since the beginning of time. So what has changed in the social fabric of America starting in the eighties and continuing till the present? That is what we need to look at and find a correlation between mass murder in America and something else in America that is vastly different than any other time in our history.

The ranting and ravings about gun control certainly do not allow for an uncovering of the answers to this question.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelier View Post
    Like I said, I'm interested in having an adult conversation on this subject...not to get into a pissing match with a skunk.

Why don't you get back to me when you can hold up your end of the conversation without throwing around insults?
    Factual statements are only insulting when the facts don't support your claims.

You've had more than a hundred chances to prove your case and I cut it to pieces and you then ran away and hid from the thread after refusing to support it.

Don't lie and don't make claims you can't or won't support and I won't call you on them.

It's real simple.

As for the "insults" I'm not the one who started up with them so go take a look in the mirror.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Neoconservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    I thought saving lives was the issue, that is the argument you were making a minute ago, now it's what the thing was intended to do. As i have pointed out before, if semi automatic rifles were designed to kill large numbers of innocent people in a short amount of time, virtually everyone is using them wrong. That a miniscule fraction of crazy people think that is their intended use is no reason to ban them. I have to wonder why you agree with the crazy people that it is their intended use.
    I agree with the crazy people because I used to get paid a crappy wage to do exactly that. Sure, I've heard all the arguments... an AR-15 isn't the same as an M-16. If you're going to split hairs and get into the weeds, that's technically true... but in point of fact, they're essentially the same platform built to do the same task.

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    You don't think there were mass murders from 1776 to 1949?
    There were none reported on Internet social media.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by stokedat70 View Post
    What's going on? There were no mass murders in America from 1776 to 1949. One in 1949. Then none again until 1966. Then none again until 1982. The majority have occurred from the late 1980's until the present.

So, Americans have always had guns since the revolution but have not been committing mass murder. And there have always been mental health issues since the beginning of time. So what has changed in the social fabric of America starting in the eighties and continuing till the present? That is what we need to look at and find a correlation between mass murder in America and something else in America that is vastly different than any other time in our history.

The ranting and ravings about gun control certainly do not allow for an uncovering of the answers to this question.
    Nonsense. Without having to think about it at all I can name two. Google “mountain meadows” and “bath school.” And you might also want to check with a few Native Indian historians as well.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

I agree with the crazy people because I used to get paid a crappy wage to do exactly that. Sure, I've heard all the arguments... an AR-15 isn't the same as an M-16. If you're going to split hairs and get into the weeds, that's technically true... but in point of fact, they're essentially the same platform built to do the same task.
    Horse hockey, you know less about firearms and their use than the average basic trainee on his first trip to the range.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

None of them were designed or intended to kill innocent people, only the insane and criminals think they were.
    Last edited by zantax; October 13th, 2017 at 2:07 am.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

None of them were designed or intended to kill innocent people, only the insane think they were.
    In the real world we went to the 5.56 cartridge in large part specifically because it was less lethal than it's .30 cal forerunners.

Kill a man and you take one off of the battlefield, wound him and you remove 3-5. You need a medic to treat him and and 2-4 to carry him off of the field.

War is a numbers game.
    THE DEFICIT

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    In the real world we went to the 5.56 cartridge in large part specifically because it was less lethal than it's .30 cal forerunners.

Kill a man and you take one off of the battlefield, wound him and you remove 3-5. You need a medic to treat him and and 2-4 to carry him off of the field.

War is a numbers game.
    Yes it's more accurate to say they were designed to incapacitate bad people and enemies in war, fact remains, none were designed or manufactured with the intent to kill, maim or incapacitate innocent civilians.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post

War is a numbers game.
    Well, it was that and because a soldier could carry more rounds on his person with the 5.56.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Yes it's more accurate to say they were designed to incapacitate bad people and enemies in war, fact remains, none were designed or manufactured with the intent to kill, maim or incapacitate innocent civilians.
    Between the fully automatic Lugers, AK15's, AR47's, and "Rotating Bolts" we're all doomed.
    THE DEFICIT

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Well, it was that and because a soldier could carry more rounds on his person with the 5.56.
    No question about it that was another part of the equation along with the feminization of the military. Not many women can handle the M-14.
    THE DEFICIT

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Sure, doesn't change the fact that it does pose an economic threat.

Dead guys don't make policy, nobody cares what they think.
    That’s exactly the point that I’m trying to make

Go ahead and try to block my shtoyle !

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Post Like Stats

Meh, most of the mass shooters aren't impared to the level they would have been insitututionalized back then, it's not usually schizophreincs doing these mass shootings.

Not the only reason for institutionalization but Sandy Hook comes to mind as something that may have been prevented

28. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by FreeAndClear View Post
    Not the only reason for institutionalization but Sandy Hook comes to mind as something that may have been prevented
    I doubt he would have been institutionalized, that was pretty much reserved for people who were uncontrollable, for the most part. His mother didn't strike me as someone who would have sought to have him locked up. More likely she would have avoided contact with mental health professionals if there was a threat he would be institutionalized. If she believed he presented a danger to himself or others taking him to shooting ranges is a rather odd hobby to share with him.
    Last edited by zantax; October 13th, 2017 at 9:41 am.

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Post Like Stats

I doubt he would have been institutionalized, that was pretty much reserved for people who were uncontrollable, for the most part. His mother didn't strike me as someone who would have sought to have him locked up. More likely she would have avoided contact with mental health professionals if there was a threat he would be institutionalized. If she believed he presented a danger to himself or others taking him to shooting ranges is a rather odd hobby to share with him.
    Where did you get the bolded from?

32. Sponsored Links