Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default NFL just caved on the Anthem. Complete and utter surrender to trump

Man, trump is kicking ass. the NYT reported that trumps engagement with isis is got them on the ropes and now roger goodell just throwing himself at the mercy of trump is so pathetic.

The irony of all of this is that the NFL OWN RULES requires that you stand for the anthem. its in there own damn rule book. Similar to not being able to put decals on there helmets. Of course when these rich white owners started seeing there money dry up. There tune changed.

And the sad thing about all of this was none of this was needed. The terrible situation in chicago and Baltimore and police brutility could have been dealt with in a much more effective manner then protesting the honor of this country by a bunch of rich spoiled football players.

Trump wins again. America wins again. I win again. its beautiful.

Roger goodlell statement on standing up during the anthem just released.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLzIQ7SV4AEe-lc.jpg:large
    went to heaven.. couldnt get in.. for what i had done.. i said forsake me.. they said your crazy.. youve done to much harm

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
    The other kneelers still have jobs.

Forcing public behaviour during a forced smybolic patriotic event is foolish at best.

Next thing we will be forced to do the nazi salute.

dissent is American.

Allan
    The other kneelers and their colleagues - most of whom just want to play football for a great living - will ultimately be hurt by the reduction of fans watching the games.

TV pays by the number of EYES on the game. What TV pays the team then can pass on to the players. When they lose eyes they lose MONEY.

It's simple economics. These guys are putting their livelihood in jeopardy and worse, the livelihoods of their fellow players, who only want to play ball and earn the most they can, while they can.

And NO ONE is forcing public behavior. They are saying DO NOT do this other behavior. You hate this country so much you cannot just stand there silently and respect the feelings of all the millions of Americans who hold it special, then stay off the field until everyone is done respecting it.

NO ONE paid to see you protest anything.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Obnoxious
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    When people are paying what they are paying to be there - a LOT - the entire experience is what they are paying for and when you DISTURB it and anger people the entire experience is now tainted.

They DID NOT pay for that.

Take it elsewhere.

M
    Completely overblown rubbish.

Utterly.

Donald J. Trump‏@realDonaldTrump
    President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense

6. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

I just heard on the news a new Orleans police officer was killed. A true tragedy. Nfl would rather kneel for lies like hands up don't shoot. Blue lives matter

8. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

NO!

How many Americans are even AWARE of the original intent of the players? They stupidly ANGER millions of Americans and stupidly think everyone is going to rush out and check up on their claims - AFTER they see them disrespect the anthem.

You're delusional if you think this is an effective protest, as are they. They blew it.

M
    Yes

It's not the protesters fault that you guys turned the protest into something that it's not. That's on you.

Now, anytime any of our people protest government officials killing citizens when they shouldn't, that's a good thing.

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by coolidge View Post
    I just heard on the news a new Orleans police officer was killed. A true tragedy. Nfl would rather kneel for lies like hands up don't shoot. Blue lives matter
    Do you think the people who killed the police officer will be let off like the police officer in St Louis?

Or the officer who choked a New York man who died?

Did Michael Brown present an immediate deadly threat that required lethal force?

You know what happens when you ignore the idiots from BLM and Trump and his worshippers who are morons?

You start wondering the use deadly force because regardless of skin colour there are two sets of rules. One for the rich powerful and famous and another for all of us.

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Almost everyone mourns when a police officer is killed in the line of duty. What the players are protesting is innocent US citizens being killed by government officials when they should not be. That is a just cause.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Joyously Loving Soul-Dancing
    Ideology
    Partisan Hack
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Black people have it good enough.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ideology
    Tea Party Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    Well that's disconcerting.

Do you feel this way about all flags, or just Old Glory?
    [with yellow around].
    Are you saying maybe that a person can't be that way and be "normal" and respected?
    Support OUR FLAG, our Military, Police, Fire fighters and St. Jude Children's Hospital.
    America, shinning light on the hill and the World below.

18. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DRS View Post
    Do you think the people who killed the police officer will be let off like the police officer in St Louis?

Or the officer who choked a New York man who died?

Did Michael Brown present an immediate deadly threat that required lethal force?

You know what happens when you ignore the idiots from BLM and Trump and his worshippers who are morons?

You start wondering the use deadly force because regardless of skin colour there are two sets of rules. One for the rich powerful and famous and another for all of us.
    The police wasnt let off in st Louis. Obama sent Eric holder in and even they could not get it to go to a grand jury. It's not like these officers do not just get off.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

The police wasnt let off in st Louis. Obama sent Eric holder in and even they could not get it to go to a grand jury. It's not like these officers do not just get off.
    Stockley.

22. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    Almost everyone mourns when a police officer is killed in the line of duty. What the players are protesting is innocent US citizens being killed by government officials when they should not be. That is a just cause.
    I would imagine there are more police officers killed in the line of duty than supposed unjust killings.

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

I would imagine there are more police officers killed in the line of duty than supposed unjust killings.
    You imagine?

1000 people killed by police

135 police officers killed.

26. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

I'll ask for the 5th time... which is worse players kneeling for the anthem or citizens being killed while unarmed and posing no threat by law enforcement?

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Post Like Stats

The other kneelers and their colleagues - most of whom just want to play football for a great living - will ultimately be hurt by the reduction of fans watching the games.

TV pays by the number of EYES on the game. What TV pays the team then can pass on to the players. When they lose eyes they lose MONEY.

It's simple economics. These guys are putting their livelihood in jeopardy and worse, the livelihoods of their fellow players, who only want to play ball and earn the most they can, while they can.

And NO ONE is forcing public behavior. They are saying DO NOT do this other behavior. You hate this country so much you cannot just stand there silently and respect the feelings of all the millions of Americans who hold it special, then stay off the field until everyone is done respecting it.

NO ONE paid to see you protest anything.

M
    And the thing is, these players could be a real positive force for change, if they applied themselves in a productive manner.

This taking a knee during the anthem is a worthless gesture, because it says nothing, solves nothing, and only serves to draw the ire from many of their fans.
    If you are a liberal progressive, click below:
    http://forums.hannity.com/image.php?...ine=1495832717

30. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnStraight View Post
    And how pathetic is that, if you truly are concerned about innocent people being shot, but all you can muster up, is taking a knee?? What's next, an NFL lineman seeing a woman getting raped, and he takes a knee in protest? Well, at least he showed he cared.
    Lolololol.......lololol this is coming from the same person who watched football while those same rapist and murders played THEN got bent out of shape over people protesting racial inequalities. So again which one is worse since you didn't answer the question.

32. Sponsored Links