Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default NFL just caved on the Anthem. Complete and utter surrender to trump

Man, trump is kicking ass. the NYT reported that trumps engagement with isis is got them on the ropes and now roger goodell just throwing himself at the mercy of trump is so pathetic.

The irony of all of this is that the NFL OWN RULES requires that you stand for the anthem. its in there own damn rule book. Similar to not being able to put decals on there helmets. Of course when these rich white owners started seeing there money dry up. There tune changed.

And the sad thing about all of this was none of this was needed. The terrible situation in chicago and Baltimore and police brutility could have been dealt with in a much more effective manner then protesting the honor of this country by a bunch of rich spoiled football players.

Trump wins again. America wins again. I win again. its beautiful.

Roger goodlell statement on standing up during the anthem just released.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLzIQ7SV4AEe-lc.jpg:large
    went to heaven.. couldnt get in.. for what i had done.. i said forsake me.. they said your crazy.. youve done to much harm

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    Just how long is the National Anthem at these football games?!?
    How long does it take me as a fan to get offended that someone is taking my GAME and turning it into a political stunt ANDOR taking my country and denigrating it?

This is NOT the place for this, as the NFL is finding out the hard way.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

4. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBrown View Post
    You have a very loose definition of suffer. “Oh knows! I saw someone kneel. Get the fainting couch.” You know who really are suffering? The unarmed black men getting shot by police. Although they make up 6 percent of the population, their deaths equals 40 percent of those unarmed shootings. But go ahead. Keep moaning about suffering over seeing someone kneel.
    You don't get to define what should tick someone else off or tell them not to get ticked. They are ticked, whether you like it or not.

Wanna protest? FINE. Take it ELSEWHERE or suffer the consequences.

From a purely logical standpoint it is NEVER a great idea when you are trying to convince people of the rightness of your cause to tick off TEN for every one that sees your argument.

DUMB.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

6. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Yes...because every useful change in history was catalyzed by people just keeping their mouths shut.

After all this time...and there are still people who don't realize the sheer idiocy of saying "YOU'RE NOT PROTESTING PROPERLY!"

You think people are flocking to their cause????

They are HURTING their cause. People now see them only as haters of this country. INDEED, they are not protesting properly, if their intention is to get converts.

Take it OFF the field that all those fans paid to see SPORTS on - not your politics. If the same players had gone to the site of one of their alleged police misconducts, held a news conference and protested there it would make SENSE and probably get people to listen to them for a few minutes. This doesn't at all help their cause. It makes ENEMIES.

DUMB.

8. Sponsored Links

Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    You don't get to define what should tick someone else off or tell them not to get ticked. They are ticked, whether you like it or not.

Wanna protest? FINE. Take it ELSEWHERE or suffer the consequences.

From a purely logical standpoint it is NEVER a great idea when you are trying to convince people of the rightness of your cause to tick off TEN for every one that sees your argument.

DUMB.

M
    And you don't get to order other Americans to protest the way you want them to, just because you're ticked. Grow a pair and quit acting like a spoiled child.
    This space for rent, inquire within.

10. Sponsored Links

11. Likes Nebraska Football liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    I confuse nothing of the sort. No one is requiring patriotism? Please. All of you on that side of the debate are. Stand for the flag!!!!!! Stand for the anthem!!!!! And keep your mouth shut!!! And you don't find that as demanding reverence? Screw that. I've always held that the right to protest is quintessentially American. And effective protests make people uncomfortable. By the reaction of the fake ass patriots on the right they're massively uncomfortable. So I say they should keep it up. Screw Trump and his followers. I'm amazed at how easily butthurt you guys get. "Conform or be cast out"

So, you are saying that they ARE denigrating the flag and deliberately, so why SHOULDN'T millions of Americans react to that and hold them to account?

If I see you burning a flag I will tell you it is YOUR RIGHT to do so. I will ALSO note who you are and hold an opinion of you that will never leave me. Furthermore, your actual message is of no consequence to me anymore. You're done.

If their intention is to call attention to their cause they MISFIRED badly. Their cause is way on the back-burner because of their ill-chosen method to sponsor it.

M

13. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    To the bold, silently protesting is not lecturing anyone. Also, no one is paying big money to watch these men stand during the National Anthem. They are paying big money to watch them play Football. Which these silent protests are not preventing any of the players from doing. When they are "working for the paying public" is well after the 2-minute anthem concludes.
    You think that everyone just casts aside what they believe to be a slam at the country when the whistle blows??

It was shoved in their faces at a moment they have great respect for. They will NOT just forget it and in fact the same players DO NOT WANT them to forget it, do they? That was THE POINT, was it not?

Well, they are not forgotten OR forgiven, just because the game is on.

15. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by TennisOps View Post
    There are plenty of other sane and rational people who didn't and don't take it as a sign of disrespecting the flag and the military.
    Not enough to get him a job as a QB in the NFL.

And WORSE, he is also hurting all the players who only want to play ball. Why is that right?

M

17. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Notorious View Post
    And you don't get to order other Americans to protest the way you want them to, just because you're ticked. Grow a pair and quit acting like a spoiled child.
    I haven't ordered anyone to do anything. I don't have that power. I'm telling them what they SHOULD do, if they want to effectively protest their cause. THIS AIN'T IT.

I SURE AS HELL am going to tell them how dumb they are. And I - and millions of other Americans - are going to hold them to account - like it or not.

M

19. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Obnoxious
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

How long does it take me as a fan to get offended that someone is taking my GAME and turning it into a political stunt ANDOR taking my country and denigrating it?

This is NOT the place for this, as the NFL is finding out the hard way.

M
    The game is football. When they are playing football -- which has zero to do with the National Anthem -- are they carrying out further political stunts?

Donald J. Trump‏@realDonaldTrump
    President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense

21. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

You think people are flocking to their cause????

They are HURTING their cause. People now see them only as haters of this country. INDEED, they are not protesting properly, if their intention is to get converts.

Take it OFF the field that all those fans paid to see SPORTS on - not your politics. If the same players had gone to the site of one of their alleged police misconducts, held a news conference and protested there it would make SENSE and probably get people to listen to them for a few minutes. This doesn't at all help their cause. It makes ENEMIES.

DUMB.
    No- people who don't understand the difference between true patriotism and empty blind symbol worship have a problem with this.

The protests are making EXACTLY the people uncomfortable who should be made uncomfortable.
    • The unexamined life is not worth living.
    • Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
    • The arguments stay the same...only the sides making those arguments change.

23. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

No...
    Yes

25. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog Dem View Post
    Which is worse.. people kneeling for the anthem or people getting killed while being unarmed and posing no threat?
    Still waiting on an answer from those upset about the protest

27. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by SpadeMarlowe View Post
    In my eyes God and Flag are close to being on the same pedestal.
    Didn't HE say.....'Love thy neighbor'?
    And 'give to Cesar what's his and give to God what's his'?....or something like that?
    I believe that since God can't be everywhere he created mothers and Flags.
    Good to see you being honest about idolatry.

Good thing Shadrach Meshach and Abednego felt differently.

29. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ideology
    Tea Party Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    True dat, He is the Lord God Almighty......................I believe that as well. I am just not sure God cares all that much about this particular issue on the flag.

In my eyes God and Flag are close to being on the same pedestal.
    Didn't HE say.....'Love thy neighbor'?
    And 'give to Cesar what's his and give to God what's his'?....or something like that?
    I believe that since God can't be everywhere he created mothers and Flags.
    Support OUR FLAG, our Military, Police, Fire fighters and St. Jude Children's Hospital.
    America, shinning light on the hill and the World below.

31. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Not enough to get him a job as a QB in the NFL.

And WORSE, he is also hurting all the players who only want to play ball. Why is that right?

M
    He'll be alright.

He's not hurting those players, have any of them been fined or suspended? He's not forcing anyone to do anything.
    Liberalism at it's finest---------FKA PheonixOps.

33. Sponsored Links