Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default NFL just caved on the Anthem. Complete and utter surrender to trump

Man, trump is kicking ass. the NYT reported that trumps engagement with isis is got them on the ropes and now roger goodell just throwing himself at the mercy of trump is so pathetic.

The irony of all of this is that the NFL OWN RULES requires that you stand for the anthem. its in there own damn rule book. Similar to not being able to put decals on there helmets. Of course when these rich white owners started seeing there money dry up. There tune changed.

And the sad thing about all of this was none of this was needed. The terrible situation in chicago and Baltimore and police brutility could have been dealt with in a much more effective manner then protesting the honor of this country by a bunch of rich spoiled football players.

Trump wins again. America wins again. I win again. its beautiful.

Roger goodlell statement on standing up during the anthem just released.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLzIQ7SV4AEe-lc.jpg:large
    went to heaven.. couldnt get in.. for what i had done.. i said forsake me.. they said your crazy.. youve done to much harm

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog Dem View Post
    same thing happened in the NHL and MLB.. no one is really paying attention to sports anymore because there are more things to do in life. Hell Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, PS Vue, Sling TV and other programming have changed the game for television. People would rather binge watch House of Cards and catch the high lights on ESPN of FS1
    Baseball hurt themselves with their strikes. Some fans never came back.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdBase View Post
    Yea..3 times....
    DT is the Buffalo Bills of the ACA....
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ome/752816001/

LMAO!

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Yes.. dems love mandates... No liberty in liberalism.

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    Yes.. dems love mandates... No liberty in liberalism.
    GOP loves, autocratic, oligarchy, dictators that have to rely on executive orders than legislation......

Seems the only way trump can "win" is to use his crayons to rule America.......

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

GOP loves, autocratic, oligarchy, dictators that have to rely on executive orders than legislation......

Seems the only way trump can "win" is to use his crayons to rule America.......
    You guys can't get rid of Nancy Pelosi...lol! Leftist history is full of dictators. I bet you love Cuba.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

You guys can't get rid of Nancy Pelosi...lol! Leftist history is full of dictators. I bet you love Cuba.
    We'll get rid of trump though...don't you worry.....you guys won't be on the defense any longer...

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

How can we be on the defense when we control the WH and congress and still have a majority of the SC.

You need a reason to get rid of Trump.
    All that power and still can't pass any legislation...lol....
    And with a 38% approval...
    Please don't stop the "winning"

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

We'll get rid of trump though...don't you worry.....you guys won't be on the defense any longer...
    How can we be on the defense when we control the WH and congress and still have a majority of the SC.

You need a reason to get rid of Trump.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

All that power and still can't pass any legislation...lol....
    And with a 38% approval...
    Please don't stop the "winning"
    If you think the dems are winning, you are perfectly conditioned..

22. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    No- people who don't understand the difference between true patriotism and empty blind symbol worship have a problem with this.

The protests are making EXACTLY the people uncomfortable who should be made uncomfortable.
    Yeah.

Because you WANT to anger and repulse people when you are trying to enlist them to your cause.

Good job, NFL players!

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

24. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    The game is football. When they are playing football -- which has zero to do with the National Anthem -- are they carrying out further political stunts?
    When people are paying what they are paying to be there - a LOT - the entire experience is what they are paying for and when you DISTURB it and anger people the entire experience is now tainted.

They DID NOT pay for that.

Take it elsewhere.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

26. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    Yes
    NO!

How many Americans are even AWARE of the original intent of the players? They stupidly ANGER millions of Americans and stupidly think everyone is going to rush out and check up on their claims - AFTER they see them disrespect the anthem.

You're delusional if you think this is an effective protest, as are they. They blew it.

M

28. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by TennisOps View Post
    He'll be alright.

He's not hurting those players, have any of them been fined or suspended? He's not forcing anyone to do anything.
    You think he's not hurting them?

What if the NFL continues to lose viewership and ticket sales?

Who do you think will lose salary when that happens? Sorry, guys. We are just not getting what we used to get anymore so neither are you.

M

30. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    So you agree they are not lecturing anyone then? And that no one paid money to listen to the National Anthem, rather they paid money to see them play football, which they are still getting their money's worth, regardless of these silent protests prior to the game?
    Wrong. They paid money for the entire experience and that does not include getting someone's politics shoved in their face.

You seem awfully emotional and upset over all of this. Why? It does not affect you or your life one single iota. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I mean really, who cares? It is not impacting me in any way, shape or fashion. My patriotism and love for this nation is completely unchanged by this. My deep passion and love of the game of football is completely unaffected by this as well.
    I'm not upset at all! I'm ASTOUNDED at the utter cluelessness of these players. Someone told them they had the power to offend millions of Americans without repercussions. Someone lied to them.

All of this emotional outrage reminds me of liberals/progressives when they get their panties all in a wad over some nonsensical issue. It is amusing to witness, but hysterically absurd too.
    Please.

The players WANTED to be noticed. They just though everyone would think them heroes and agree with them. The bubble they live in is bursting.

M

32. Sponsored Links