; Questions for those who oppose "gun control" - Page 20

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Default Questions for those who oppose "gun control"

Help me understand your position/s here on the issue.

1. Why shouldn't ALL gun purchases have to go through a background check? Currently 94% of Americans believe that there should be background checks for private sales and at gun shows. 93% of Republicans support it. 98% of Democrats support it. 95% of Independents support it.

http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

2. Why should it be legal to purchase a semi-automatic weapons? If so, should it be easier or harder to purchase such guns? In 2016, 59% of Americans said they support banning "assault weapons". See the link above for the stats.

3. I constantly hear conservatives say, "It's not the guns, it's mental health." But my question here is what do you propose to address mental health issues?

4. Are there any guns or weapons on there, people shouldn't be allowed to own period? Should you be allowed to own rocket launchers, flame-throwers, grenades, or tanks? In other words, is there any line in the sand?

5. Do you support strengthening the background check system and/or making it harder to purchase high-caliber weapons?

Please answer these questions honestly.

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cell Maxim View Post
    I have guns that were made to shoot clays. And others that were made to try and punch a single hole in a paper target. Not all guns are made for the same purpose. Some are even made to look scary/militarized but are only good for and used to hunt squirrels and gophers and are terrible people stoppers. Yet the gun sissies would want to ban them. Are all guns bad or just some? If so which are bad and which are reasonable?
    Prove it.
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cell Maxim View Post
    I have guns that were made to shoot clays. And others that were made to try and punch a single hole in a paper target. Not all guns are made for the same purpose. Some are even made to look scary/militarized but are only good for and used to hunt squirrels and gophers and are terrible people stoppers. Yet the gun sissies would want to ban them. Are all guns bad or just some? If so which are bad and which are reasonable?

You know I forgot Thank you for reminding me.
    Mobulis seems to forget firearms like the Elephant Gun were designed to take down an Elephants and large game. Not Humans.

An elephant gun is a large caliber gun, rifled or smoothbore, originally developed for use by big-game hunters for elephant and other big game. Elephant guns were black powder muzzle-loaders at first, but later used smokeless powder cartridges.
    These very large and very heavy firearms were the first to be known as the elephant guns of the black powder era (1850–1890), though their use also included all thick-skinned dangerous game such as rhinoceros, hippopotamus and cape buffalo.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_gun

So yes firearms have various uses that they were designed for.

So it is why i really want to know what Mobulis real motivation is with his question and debate about firearms. I don't think he wants people to just admit something.
    I think he wants to have them admit it then jump on another false claim.

I don't own a Firearm but i respect everyones right to own one.
    I also will not claim I know a lot about it.
    But i do know more than some of the Senators about it.
    Which is amusing and sad.
    Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    You know I forgot Thank you for reminding me.
    Mobulis seems to forget firearms like the Elephant Gun were designed to take down an Elephants and large game. Not Humans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_gun

So yes firearms have various uses that they were designed for.

So it is why i really want to know what Mobulis real motivation is with his question and debate about firearms. I don't think he wants people to just admit something.
    I think he wants to have them admit it then jump on another false claim.

I don't own a Firearm but i respect everyones right to own one.
    I also will not claim I know a lot about it.
    But i do know more than some of the Senators about it.
    Which is amusing and sad.
    Nope didn't forget that's why I said kill living beings, unless large game isn't living.
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

8. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin_Reagan View Post

Questions for those who oppose "gun control"

I am a very strong advocate of gun control. Those who own guns should be able to produce a 5 inch grouping at 75 feet.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

10. Sponsored Links

11. Likes Former Paratrooper liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mobulis View Post
    Nope didn't forget that's why I said kill living beings, unless large game isn't living.
    Ok so WHAT .
    You still have NO point that i can see except crying that some things were made to kill people.
    The first Rock sharpened and put on a Stick to KILL a LIVING BEING.
    The First Pointy Stick made to Kill a LIVING BEING
    The First KNIFE Created to KILL a LIVING BEING.

So should we ban all KNIVES because they were designed to KILL a Living Being?

What about Animals who have evolved to be ALPHA Predators have Teeth, Strength, claws to KILL. Should we get rid of all them? We evolved to be Smarter and design things that help us out with our disadvantage of Natural abilities to kill and survive.

What is your actual point? and it isn't that you want people to admit Guns were designed to KILL Living Beings mainly.

13. Sponsored Links

14. Likes Former Paratrooper liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    I am a very strong advocate of gun control. Those who own guns should be able to produce a 5 inch grouping at 75 feet.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

16. Sponsored Links

I'll just drop this here...string.jpg

18. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    I'll just drop this here...string.jpg
    Outlaw shoe strings NOW!!!!!!!!

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky SF Dude View Post
    Outlaw shoe strings NOW!!!!!!!!
    What about this guy making an Auto Cross bow/Sling shot.

It is why i can't stand a lot of these hysterical cries over automatic stuff and bump stocks.
    People will Come up with ways to modify.
    And the fact they some of these people think about killing people and then act on it won't care they are breaking the law by modifying the weapon.

22. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    What about this guy making an Auto Cross bow/Sling shot.

It is why i can't stand a lot of these hysterical cries over automatic stuff and bump stocks.
    People will Come up with ways to modify.
    And the fact they some of these people think about killing people and then act on it won't care they are breaking the law by modifying the weapon.
    Yep just like people keep coming up with new drugs.

24. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by midman View Post
    Do you have a link to these comparisons between the US and Japan?

Suicide is more socially acceptable in Japan than the US. It's always interesting when people have to include suicide in order to get murder to appear the same as the US.
    Japan's suicide rate is 19.4 per 100,000 people.
    The U.S. suicide rate is 10.1 per 100,000 people.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...iciderate.html

The U.S. murder rate is 5.3 per 100,000 people.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...c-pages/murder

So total U.S. murder and suicide rate is 16.4 per 100k people , which is lower than Japan's suicide rate of 19.4 per 100k people. International comparisons really don't work. Japan is not an example of a society that we want. It's a pressure cooker. Anyway, you brought up Japan as a country to emulate. We merely told you why this probably wasn't a good thing.
    Last edited by perdidochas; October 13th, 2017 at 12:24 pm.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

26. Sponsored Links

Prove it.
    It's just common sense. You can go to a gun store and buy a gun that is marketed for shooting clays (meaning clay pigeons), and has gun features that make it better for shooting clays than a more conventional shotgun (I don't know what those features are, but I've seen ads for them). You can go to a gun store to buy a gun that is intended for shooting holes in targets. Again, it has features that make it ideal for doing that, and less ideal for doing anything else.

Here is an example of a gun for shooting trap (trap is a version of clay shooting).
    http://www.range365.com/new-gun-test...ester-sxp-trap

Here is an example of a pistol just designed to shoot at paper. It would be impractical to use for anything else.
    http://www.carl-walther.de/produkte/...n/2823021.html
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

28. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by perdidochas View Post
    It's just common sense. You can go to a gun store and buy a gun that is marketed for shooting clays (meaning clay pigeons), and has gun features that make it better for shooting clays than a more conventional shotgun (I don't know what those features are, but I've seen ads for them). You can go to a gun store to buy a gun that is intended for shooting holes in targets. Again, it has features that make it ideal for doing that, and less ideal for doing anything else.

Here is an example of a gun for shooting trap (trap is a version of clay shooting).
    http://www.range365.com/new-gun-test...ester-sxp-trap

Here is an example of a pistol just designed to shoot at paper. It would be impractical to use for anything else.
    http://www.carl-walther.de/produkte/...n/2823021.html

Cool,

30. Sponsored Links

Nope its based on fact, you want to use semantics to make it seem that guns weren't made to kill living beings.
    So tell me, what were knives made to do? Or clubs?
    "The struggle of the Left to rationalize its positions is an intolerable, Sisyphean burden. I speak as a reformed liberal."
    David Mamet

32. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Former Paratrooper View Post
    So tell me, what were knives made to do? Or clubs?

Clubs kill, knives kill and render food for eating.

34. Sponsored Links