Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default 2017-2018 NHL Thread

Who's your squad? How will they do this year? Will you spend the entire year complaining that the NHL is against you in particular as well as your team? Well...this is the thread for you!

Let's talk hockey.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

2. Sponsored Links

Good- the refs let the capitals run over Murray and gave them a goal. Maybe they’ll let the penguins get away with the same things now.

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Notorious View Post
    Holy hell, Vegas looks legit. I think I'm in love.
    Heh. Reality will set in, but wouldn't it be amazing if they could make a run at the playoffs this year?

I'm off tonight to see the NHL's only point-less team. Yeah, it's only 2 games but the Sharks haven't looked very good yet.

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amused Observer View Post
    Heh. Reality will set in, but wouldn't it be amazing if they could make a run at the playoffs this year?

I'm off tonight to see the NHL's only point-less team. Yeah, it's only 2 games but the Sharks haven't looked very good yet.
    Vegas Hell.....Jersey. waltzed into king Toronto last night and put up a 6 spot

Team speed. wonder how long the devils will have fresh legs. doubtful they will even last until the end of november.

Will just enjoy it til the other shoe drops.

Allan

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Amused Observer View Post

Without a doubt. 3-0 is nice and historical, but in fairness it's come against a struggling Dallas team and Arizona. I can't wait to see how they stack up against the Pens or the Blackhawks. Win or lose, though, they've made a fan out of me. Las Vegas has always been sort of a second home to me, so it's pretty great to see them with a hometown team.
    This space for rent, inquire within.

10. Sponsored Links

****ing ********. Take away a goal from the penguins.

12. Sponsored Links

They’re handing this game to Tampa now. I don’t know what a slash is anymore. I saw Crosby get hit every 10 feet down the ice on the hands, nothing called. A penguin touches another player’s stick, instant penalty.

14. Sponsored Links

Rough night for the Knights, taking the first loss in franchise history. They played like an expansion team tonight, a lot of sloppy puck work (and some bad puck luck to go along with it) and turnovers just killed them tonight. It looked like the Wings were able to take Vegas out of the rhythm the Knights have been successful playing.

Oh well. Losing a perfect season doesn't hurt, it's losing the perfect season jokes that stings a little. So much humor still be to mined from that meme, lost for eternity.
    This space for rent, inquire within.

16. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Soldier View Post
    Heh- just send a penguin to the box permanently all year. That’s what the league wants.
    The Penguins, through six games, are a whopping -3 in power play opportunities for/against.

And long-term, it DOES NOT MATTER.

The 4th-worst team in ’16-’17 in terms of power-play differential was the President’s Trophy-winning Washington Capitals, who were -25 (the Flyers were +30…we see where it got them). The real key stat, as it relates to penalty kill/power play, combined PK/PP %. If you’re good at scoring on power plays and also preventing power play goals, you’re probably pretty good. Washington was 2nd with a combined % of 106.9, Pittsburgh was 10th at 102.9 and Colorado was dead last at 89.2 (13% on the power play).

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

18. Sponsored Links

I thought if a player hit someone with a follow through while playing the puck, it wasn’t a high stick.

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Funkenstein View Post
    The Penguins, through six games, are a whopping -3 in power play opportunities for/against.

And long-term, it DOES NOT MATTER.

The 4th-worst team in ’16-’17 in terms of power-play differential was the President’s Trophy-winning Washington Capitals, who were -25 (the Flyers were +30…we see where it got them). The real key stat, as it relates to penalty kill/power play, combined PK/PP %. If you’re good at scoring on power plays and also preventing power play goals, you’re probably pretty good. Washington was 2nd with a combined % of 106.9, Pittsburgh was 10th at 102.9 and Colorado was dead last at 89.2 (13% on the power play).
    -6 after last night. What were the first three teams last year?

22. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Soldier View Post
    -6 after last night. What were the first three teams last year?
    The teams with the worst differentials? Colorado (-35), Anaheim (-30), St. Louis (-28). The best were San Jose (+34), Philly (+30) and Carolina (+29). If you're wondering - Pittsburgh was 16th at +3.

But again - if you have good specialty units, it doesn't matter. You'll prevent PP goals and score them. And Pittsburgh still has two of the best centers in hockey plus one of the best snipers from the wing, so they're pretty good 5-on-5 as well. They led the NHL in goals last season.

24. Sponsored Links

I gave up on Colorado a couple of seasons ago. For the last 2 years I have enjoyed watching the leafs. This may be their year.

26. Sponsored Links

Two ******** penalties and a misconduct already handed out to the penguins in the first minute of the game. Telling me this isn’t rigged?

This game is decided already.

28. Sponsored Links

Ducking kidding me? Ruhwedel gets plastered face first into the boards and play continues?

30. Sponsored Links

Yeah, not even worth watching.

32. Sponsored Links