Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Default Press Secretary Amateur Hour

Sarah Huckabee Sanders suggesting ESPN should fire one of their employees for her tweets was just plain stupid.

This followed her saying that Comey shold be charged.

Both of those were handled horribly, learn to say no comment.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wash...trump-critics/
    Proverbs 30:8Remove untruth and lies far from me.
    Give me neither poverty nor riches.
    Just let me consume my portion of food

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Any other administration would fire her. Trump probably thought those comments were just peachy.
    "If you disagree with someone, walk a mile in their shoes..... You will then be a mile away from them, and have their shoes."

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DRS View Post
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders suggesting ESPN should fire one of their employees for her tweets was just plain stupid.

No that isn't what she said.

From your own link.

Sanders explained her rationale for claiming that the law had been broken: The memos Comey wrote about his interactions with the president were written on an FBI computer and “clearly followed the protocol of an official FBI document.” Leaking such a memo “violates federal laws, including the Privacy Act,” as well as employee agreements. (Those, of course, are likely moot, since Trump already fired Comey.) “I think that’s pretty clean and clear that that would be a violation,” she said.

Asked what she thought should happen, she said it was “not up to me to decide” but that “the Department of Justice has to look into any allegations of — whether something’s illegal or not.”
    And:

A short while later, Sanders offered her thoughts on ESPN’s Hill who, on Monday, tweeted among other things that “Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists.”

Asked about the comment by The Post’s David Nakamura, Sanders replied, “I think that’s one of the more outrageous comments that anyone could make, and certainly something that I think is a fireable offense by ESPN.”
    If you had a valid criticism you wouldn't have to misrepresent what was said.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

6. Sponsored Links

7. Likes HeadOnStraight, Bohica, Roxiebell liked this post
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

No fan of Hukabee or who she represents but if Curt Shilling got canned by ESPN for his remarks so should she.

1st Amendment gives everyone the right to free speech but does not protect one from it's fallout.

9. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBravoLambchop View Post
    No fan of Hukabee or who she represents but if Curt Shilling got canned by ESPN for his remarks so should she.

1st Amendment gives everyone the right to free speech but does not protect one from it's fallout.
    Schilling got fired after multiple warnings for what he was doing. But I do not recall the presidents press secretary calling for his firing.

11. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Schilling got fired after multiple warnings for what he was doing. But I do not recall the presidents press secretary calling for his firing.
    Maybe, just maybe, she was not press secretary at the time.

13. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    During her daily white house briefing to the press what is she?

15. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    No that isn't what she said.

From your own link.

And:

If you had a valid criticism you wouldn't have to misrepresent what was said.
    Ok, I'll bite. Please Rose-splain why

Sanders replied, “I think that’s one of the more outrageous comments that anyone could make, and certainly something that I think is a fireable offense by ESPN.”
    is not "suggesting that ESPN should fire one of their employees" and that somehow the OP is misrepresenting what she said.

"It's a hard road when you know where you're going and it's harder when you know where you're not."

17. Sponsored Links

18. Likes party-free liked this post
    Post Like Stats

During her daily white house briefing to the press what is she?
    She didn't talk about the firing of General MacArthur either. Or Richard Gere when he got mustard on Stallone's pants.
    Write her and complain.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Jubilant
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

That whole press conference had me shaking my head so vigorously I had to chase down my dog to retrieve for one of my ears that had popped off and flew on the floor.

Seriously though, it was incredible, the flat out lies, the inane exaggerations, the completely nonsensical responses, the absurd comments; just so many ways to describe it.

But more appalling was that cess pool of a so called "press corp" that for the most part time and again just let her get by with it.

I think there is usually far too much familiarity(?) with the "White House Press Corp" and most administrations.
    =====

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    Did Obama's press secretary call for Schilling to be fired?

I mean, Huckabee-Sanders probably supported Schilling privately.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by LouC View Post
    That whole press conference had me shaking my head so vigorously I had to chase down my dog to retrieve for one of my ears that had popped off and flew on the floor.

Seriously though, it was incredible, the flat out lies, the inane exaggerations, the completely nonsensical responses, the absurd comments; just so many ways to describe it.

But more appalling was that cess pool of a so called "press corp" that for the most part time and again just let her get by with it.

I think there is usually far too much familiarity(?) with the "White House Press Corp" and most administrations.
    I think in this case, it's more of a fear that they'll just stop holding press briefings, or stripping networks/publications who send reporters who constantly question Spicer or SHS of their credentials.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAway View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. Please Rose-splain why

is not "suggesting that ESPN should fire one of their employees" and that somehow the OP is misrepresenting what she said.
    She was simply pointing out the fact that ESPN's policies routine fire people for making explosive, inappropriate political comments, either publicly or thru social media.
    If you are a liberal progressive, click below:
    http://forums.hannity.com/image.php?...ine=1495832717

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by LouC View Post

No point, first off to thinned skinned to be questioned. Second just show the world how dumb these folks are then discuss with people who know the job how to answer questions.

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnStraight View Post
    She was simply pointing out the fact that ESPN's policies routine fire people for making explosive, inappropriate political comments, either publicly or thru social media.
    From Fox & Friends today:

STEVE DOOCY (CO-HOST): Well, you said yesterday it was a fireable offense.

HUCKABEE SANDERS: And I stand by those comments. I think it was highly inappropriate, and I think ESPN should take actions. But I'll leave that up to them to decide, and I'll stay focused on my day job.
    That is a member of the administration suggesting that ESPN should fire one of their employees.

"It's a hard road when you know where you're going and it's harder when you know where you're not."

32. Sponsored Links