Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Default Massive increase in Homelessness in California..

LA times article on how homelessness has increased 23% this year alone in Los Angles. LA has been run by dems forever. Cal is a one party state.

"THere's no sugarcoating the bad news," Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Wednesday in reaction to a new count that found Los Angeles County’s homeless population has soared 23% over last year."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html

You would think this problem would be in the news more. But it does not make dems look good and they have no idea what to do, so it's not.

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypto View Post
    We had a Rep governor named Arnold Schwarzenegger not too long ago and the homeless issue in cali has been around for as long as I can remember.
    It's more than 23% worse now. That's a crisis if the mayor and or governor is a R.

Does sanctuary status help or hurt this epidemic. I think it greatly exacerbates it.
    Victory is not won in miles but in inches.
    Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more. Louis L'Amour.

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Camp View Post
    It's more than 23% worse now. That's a crisis if the mayor and or governor is a R.

Does sanctuary status help or hurt this epidemic. I think it greatly exacerbates it.
    Fair enough. Perhaps you could show us a case study or two where Governors or Mayors solved homelessness crises.
    As President of our country and Commander-in-Chief of our military, I accept that people are going to call me awful things every day — and I will always defend their right to do so. --B.O.

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    More freedom to build homes. The cause is not building enough homes. Reform the building regs so you don't have to build low income housing when you build homes, and lower the cost of building permits. Push building lots of homes and apartments. The price will take care of itself, if the supply is high.
    No... no... NO!! We need to reduce wages for more middle class workers even more instead of keeping them flat and get more money into the hands of the owners and investors in companies.

You know Cratic... The Job Creators!!!! And we need to get those same investors and owners bigger tax breaks!!! Get more and more money in the hands of the wealthy and this homeless problem will be gone in no time.

C'mon Cratic, you know the solution is to keep ****ing over the middle class and helping the wealthy... Why you playin'?

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

LA times article on how homelessness has increased 23% this year alone in Los Angles. LA has been run by dems forever. Cal is a one party state.

"THere's no sugarcoating the bad news," Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Wednesday in reaction to a new count that found Los Angeles County’s homeless population has soared 23% over last year."

You would think this problem would be in the news more. But it does not make dems look good and they have no idea what to do, so it's not.
    Thanks, Donald.

10. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    California....libs utopia.
    ...and economic powerhouse!

The gross state product of California is greater than the GDP of every country on the planet except for the US, China, Japan, Germany and the UK.

California gross state product is nearly DOUBLE the GDP of Russia!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar..._GDP_(nominal)

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

How about if they added a million apartments to the rental market. That would help end the homeless problem and make tons of jobs.
    lol - you haven't really thought this little rant against dems through, have you?

14. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DoLoop View Post
    Fair enough. Perhaps you could show us a case study or two where Governors or Mayors solved homelessness crises.
    I am still looking for improvement on the heroin crisis. Border security with Mexico is an excellent start.

First you define the problem, then we set about improving, if not totally solving, the crisis.
    Victory is not won in miles but in inches.
    Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more. Louis L'Amour.

16. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Massive increase in homelessness in Ca. Whoda thunk it?
    No sig until 9/19/2017 gwhughes

18. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DoLoop View Post
    So when Utah tried just handing such people their own apartment in a program called Housing First (though participants do have to pay $50 or 30 percent of their income, whichever is more), and combined that with regular attention from social workers, hey presto — the state decreased chronic homelessness by 91 percent.

http://theweek.com/articles/575133/s...-why-dont-just

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Progressive Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

You realize you are talking about Los Angeles. A city with roughly 4 million people

#MAGA = Morons Are Governing America.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    People would rather be homeless than live in a red state.

That's only half joking too.
    And you seriously believe that garbage? Really?
    Hillary 2020!

24. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    And you seriously believe that garbage? Really?
    I literally said I was half joking. Do you decide to reply after only reading half of my post? That might actually explain a lot.

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    I literally said I was half joking. Do you decide to reply after only reading half of my post? That might actually explain a lot.
    You said half joking, which means you believe there might be some truth to that kind of absurdity.
    Hillary 2020!

28. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    You said half joking, which means you believe there might be some truth to that kind of absurdity.
    Yeah. There might be a nugget of truth. Homeless are migratory and they will choose to move to states with greater social support. It's not a coincidence that they wind up in wealthy blue states, like California, than poorer red states.

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by force_field View Post
    Yeah all those poor homeless people. They want to build themselves perfect McMansions, but those liberal regulations are holding them back.
    Sounds like you don't give a rat's patooty about the homeless. Look Ma no solutions.

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

32. Sponsored Links