Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default Trump's former national security adviser refusing request to speak to Hill committee

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/politi...op&CNNPolitics

"Flynn first declined to comply with a Senate subpoena in May, asserting his Fifth Amendment rights. More recently, the committee has reiterated its request and Flynn has declined again, the source said.

Flynn has also been subpoenaed by the House intelligence committee, which is conducting a separate probe into Russia's election meddling. Flynn had offered to testify before both the Senate and House intelligence committees in exchange for immunity, but neither committee accepted the offer."

It appears he wants a get out of jail free card. If he did something wrong/illegal, I'm sure Americans want him help accountable. At least that's what we normally say about law breakers.

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    No one said that explicitly but I'm quite capable of reading between the lines.
    Meh...I think broad-brush accusations like these are rarely applicable. But that is just me.

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    I agree it happens on both sides. And in some cases with extreme levels of insanity. But the amount of inaccurate information that permeates the mainstream of the right I believe far outweighs its equivalency on the left.
    Is left-wing talk radio as big of a phenomenon as right-wing talk? I was born, raised in, and spent my whole life in the south/Bible Belt. It's 100% right-wing talk radio here.
    Right-wing talk, while not ONLY to blame, is very largely complicit in all of this. They learned a long time ago that "facts" are only what people will choose to believe.

Regardless, punditry has been very bad for America. I liked the old Crossfire as it was much more of a debate, but today, there's too much mixing of fact and opinion on the air (both radio and TV). Fox has mastered the art.

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
    I know it's politics, but Flynn's not worried about the politics. My comment relates to Flynn's particular situation. Should Flynn concern himself about how it looks?

Of course Flynn is worried about politics.

He is looking for the political will that what ever he has to say is more important to those that oppose Trump than the political will to hang him out to dry.
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kękɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Meh...I think broad-brush accusations like these are rarely applicable. But that is just me.
    I can point to the thread as an example. I'm quite confident the OP was implying that Flynn's actions are those of someone with something to hide.
    Hillary 2020!

10. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post
    Is left-wing talk radio as big of a phenomenon as right-wing talk? I was born, raised in, and spent my whole life in the south/Bible Belt. It's 100% right-wing talk radio here.
    Right-wing talk, while not ONLY to blame, is very largely complicit in all of this. They learned a long time ago that "facts" are only what people will choose to believe.

Regardless, punditry has been very bad for America. I liked the old Crossfire as it was much more of a debate, but today, there's too much mixing of fact and opinion on the air (both radio and TV). Fox has mastered the art.
    Yup

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

I can point to the thread as an example. I'm quite confident the OP was implying that Flynn's actions are those of someone with something to hide.
    I think it would be incredibly difficult for any rational, objective observer to view the many actions of Flynn and not see them of being potentially from someone with something to hide. But that specific instance does not really address the point I was making about generalized broad-brush accusations aimed at an entire group, such as all "libs" as an example.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

I think it would be incredibly difficult for any rational, objective observer to view the many actions of Flynn and not see them of being potentially from someone with something to hide. But that specific instance does not really address the point I was making about generalized broad-brush accusations aimed at an entire group, such as all "libs" as an example.
    Based on my interaction with LIBs over the last 20+ years and based on my exhaustive reading from both sides of the aisle, I believe my broad brush characterizations are pretty accurate. Obviously there are exceptions, but those are few and far between from my experience.
    Hillary 2020!

16. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Based on my interaction with LIBs over the last 20+ years and based on my exhaustive reading from both sides of the aisle, I believe my broad brush characterizations are pretty accurate. Obviously there are exceptions, but those are few and far between from my experience.
    I cannot dispute anecdotal evidence of course. But I may offer a suggestion, and expand your pool of people with whom you interact. Because if these broad-brushes really signify the overwhelming majority of liberals you have engaged in political discussions (and I mean in real life, not message boards where the anonymity often times does not mesh with the real world) then your sample pool must be quite small, or somehow tainted.

My Congregation is quite large. And extremely diverse as far as age and political ideology is concerned. And these broad-brushes are very inaccurate in describing the mentality of most all of the liberals in our Church. Likewise is true with most of the Democrats or progressives I have interacted with in business. Most all of them are just honest, good, hard-working Americans who love their nation and want to see their brothers and sisters succeed, along with their own families. They are not the over-the-top tribalists that you seem to believe them to be.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

I cannot dispute anecdotal evidence of course. But I may offer a suggestion, and expand your pool of people with whom you interact. Because if these broad-brushes really signify the overwhelming majority of liberals you have engaged in political discussions (and I mean in real life, not message boards where the anonymity often times does not mesh with the real world) then your sample pool must be quite small, or somehow tainted.

My Congregation is quite large. And extremely diverse as far as age and political ideology is concerned. And these broad-brushes are very inaccurate in describing the mentality of most all of the liberals in our Church. Likewise is true with most of the Democrats or progressives I have interacted with in business. Most all of them are just honest, good, hard-working Americans who love their nation and want to see their brothers and sisters succeed, along with their own families. They are not the over-the-top tribalists that you seem to believe them to be.
    I purposely avoid political discussion in my personal life (except for a small handful of like-minded relatives).

The interactions I refer to are with political junkies from both sides on the aisle. I've spent a considerable amount of time interacting with LIBs on liberal forums and on this forum. After reading Thom Hartmann's book "Cracking the Code" a few years back, I'm convinced that I'm on the right track with my generalizations.
    Hillary 2020!

20. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

I purposely avoid political discussion in my personal life (except for a small handful of like-minded relatives).

The interactions I refer to are with political junkies from both sides on the aisle. I've spent a considerable amount of time interacting with LIBs on liberal forums and on this forum. After reading Thom Hartmann's book "Cracking the Code" a few years back, I'm convinced that I'm on the right track with my generalizations.
    This makes more sense as to why your perspective is as it is then. What is represented on political forums, be they right or left, is the tiny, minuscule, fractional minority of beliefs that the lion's share of real Americans simply do not hold. The tribalism is ratcheted up to an 11 on both sides of any given discussion. Us political junkies that spend time in political chat rooms are not really representative of the bulk of America, and their diverse political beliefs. This is further evidence of why broad-brushing accusations are not very accurate. Sure, they could be accurately defining the position of the extreme minority, but certainly not representative of the majority.

As for "Cracking the Code" I'll have to check it out. What is it about?

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    Well... when the guy retroactively files as a foreign agent after he is fired.... kind of makes you wonder a little.

I think that whatever is going on, it is going to be harder and harder to run interference for the President.
    Because Flynn was apparently still working as a foreign agent, is most likely why he was fired by Trump. We cannot have someone playing games like that in a high political office.

I'm saying that Flynn it's very possible that Flynn knows this entire Russia Collusion conspiracy is a sham, knows he was never involved in anything of the kind. If true, then he knows this is all nothing but a politically motivated witch hunt, and is wisely refusing to volunteer any cooperation at all.
    If you are a liberal progressive, click below:
    http://forums.hannity.com/image.php?...ine=1495832717

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Perplexed
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    Of course Flynn is worried about politics.

He is looking for the political will that what ever he has to say is more important to those that oppose Trump than the political will to hang him out to dry.
    Flynn's looking our for what's best for Flynn, just like anyone else would (with a lawyer), under investigation for anything. (especially with a Mueller, doing a sweep, for anything, to come up with anything). I would, without regard for what "looks bad."
    Last edited by Nashville; September 13th, 2017 at 6:04 pm.

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

This makes more sense as to why your perspective is as it is then. What is represented on political forums, be they right or left, is the tiny, minuscule, fractional minority of beliefs that the lion's share of real Americans simply do not hold. The tribalism is ratcheted up to an 11 on both sides of any given discussion. Us political junkies that spend time in political chat rooms are not really representative of the bulk of America, and their diverse political beliefs. This is further evidence of why broad-brushing accusations are not very accurate. Sure, they could be accurately defining the position of the extreme minority, but certainly not representative of the majority.
    I should have been more clear on what I'm referring to with my "LIB" generalization. I was referring to the politically active who are most vocal, on both sides of the political aisle.

I recognize that the vast majority of Americans go about their daily lives without giving much thought to anything having to do with politics. My generalizations about political ideology don't really apply to them.

As for "Cracking the Code" I'll have to check it out. What is it about?
    In his book Hartmann provides valuable insight into how liberals view their role in the world. It also provides valuable insight into how they view conservatism. He makes no bones about his belief that liberals are superior and should have control of our government. He also carves out a role for conservatives as enforcers of liberal ideology.

It is a very eye opening read. I much of the Hartmann's arrogance on full display amongst many of the LIBs on this forum.
    Hillary 2020!

28. Sponsored Links

29. Likes Nebraska Football liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnStraight View Post
    Because Flynn was apparently still working as a foreign agent, is most likely why he was fired by Trump. We cannot have someone playing games like that in a high political office.

I'm saying that Flynn it's very possible that Flynn knows this entire Russia Collusion conspiracy is a sham, knows he was never involved in anything of the kind. If true, then he knows this is all nothing but a politically motivated witch hunt, and is wisely refusing to volunteer any cooperation at all.

Flynn had undocumented contact with the Russian Ambassador also.

That + failure to register as a foreign agent = bad news for Flynn.
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kękɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

31. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post

And yet.. it's liberals, and Democrats who run around in mobs assaulting the police, torching neighborhoods, looting, and causing property damage. Anti-Trump rallies, OWS, BLM, or just mobs of Hilary and Bernie supporters who run around beating people.

33. Sponsored Links