Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default Trump's former national security adviser refusing request to speak to Hill committee

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/politi...op&CNNPolitics

"Flynn first declined to comply with a Senate subpoena in May, asserting his Fifth Amendment rights. More recently, the committee has reiterated its request and Flynn has declined again, the source said.

Flynn has also been subpoenaed by the House intelligence committee, which is conducting a separate probe into Russia's election meddling. Flynn had offered to testify before both the Senate and House intelligence committees in exchange for immunity, but neither committee accepted the offer."

It appears he wants a get out of jail free card. If he did something wrong/illegal, I'm sure Americans want him help accountable. At least that's what we normally say about law breakers.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post

"Flynn first declined to comply with a Senate subpoena in May, asserting his Fifth Amendment rights. More recently, the committee has reiterated its request and Flynn has declined again, the source said.

Flynn has also been subpoenaed by the House intelligence committee, which is conducting a separate probe into Russia's election meddling. Flynn had offered to testify before both the Senate and House intelligence committees in exchange for immunity, but neither committee accepted the offer."

It appears he wants a get out of jail free card. If he did something wrong/illegal, I'm sure Americans want him help accountable. At least that's what we normally say about law breakers.
    Kind of like Bryan Pagliano?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/politi...ch-deposition/
    Hillary 2020!

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Perplexed
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    Flynn is refusing to cooperate unless he gets immunity.

You have to see what this looks like.... right?
    It doesn't matter how it looks.

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post

So you are supposed to essentially going back to May, and asking us to rehash those discussions we had in May, all over again?

That's all that has been going on with the entire Trump-Russia collusion conspiracy. All that ever happens is old news gets a fresh spin on it, and you guys act as if you found new earth shattering evidence, and it's a completely new discussion.
    If you are a liberal progressive, click below:
    http://forums.hannity.com/image.php?...ine=1495832717

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Post Like Stats

Flynn is refusing to cooperate unless he gets immunity.

You have to see what this looks like.... right?
    Maybe Flynn just knows all of this for what it is, a political witch hunt for Trump-haters to take out anyone associated with Trump, with none, zero nadda, nothing to do with Russian collusion.
    If you are a liberal progressive, click below:
    http://forums.hannity.com/image.php?...ine=1495832717

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnStraight View Post
    Maybe Flynn just knows all of this for what it is, a political witch hunt for Trump-haters to take out anyone associated with Trump, with none, zero nadda, nothing to do with Russian collusion.
    Yep. The numerous investigations are all part of a massive conspiracy to get Trump.

How's the weather in Candy Land today?

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Yes. I wish those with whom I disagree wouldn't do that all the time.
    But you're okay with people you do agree with, using fallacy over fact in the promotion of a position you happen to agree with?

14. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    Are you attempting to equate a Senatorial subpoena with that of a deposition request from a private company?

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Well... when the guy retroactively files as a foreign agent after he is fired.... kind of makes you wonder a little.

I think that whatever is going on, it is going to be harder and harder to run interference for the President.
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kękɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

18. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
    It doesn't matter how it looks.
    Of course it does.

This is politics.
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kękɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Wasn't it Trump who "took out" Flynn?
    "You're going to have such great healthcare, at a tiny fraction of the cost - and it's going to be so easy." - Donald Trump, October 2016

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    Are you attempting to equate a Senatorial subpoena with that of a deposition request from a private company?
    I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy. Taking the 5th is ok by LIBs if it is one of their own, but is a sign of guilt if it is taken by someone associated with Trump.
    Hillary 2020!

24. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy. Taking the 5th is ok by LIBs if it is one of their own, but is a sign of guilt if it is taken by someone associated with Trump.
    Which "libs" said taking the fifth is not a presumed sign of guilt? I do not remember reading much of that around here.

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Perplexed
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Of course it does.

This is politics.
    I know it's politics, but Flynn's not worried about the politics. My comment relates to Flynn's particular situation. Should Flynn concern himself about how it looks?

28. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

I'm okay with Flynn taking the 5th so your statement is invalid. I don't think it's a sign of guilt, just that he's got a smart lawyer.

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    Which "libs" said taking the fifth is not a presumed sign of guilt? I do not remember reading much of that around here.
    No one said that explicitly but I'm quite capable of reading between the lines.
    Hillary 2020!

32. Sponsored Links