Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50,305
    Rep Power
    28
    Post Like Stats

    Default Trump's former national security adviser refusing request to speak to Hill committee

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/politi...op&CNNPolitics



    "Flynn first declined to comply with a Senate subpoena in May, asserting his Fifth Amendment rights. More recently, the committee has reiterated its request and Flynn has declined again, the source said.

    Flynn has also been subpoenaed by the House intelligence committee, which is conducting a separate probe into Russia's election meddling. Flynn had offered to testify before both the Senate and House intelligence committees in exchange for immunity, but neither committee accepted the offer."


    It appears he wants a get out of jail free card. If he did something wrong/illegal, I'm sure Americans want him help accountable. At least that's what we normally say about law breakers.

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbo
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Posts
    41,026
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    28
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    I can't say for sure but evetyone has a right to a lawyer and attorney client privilege is extensive.
    Is this an example of that confirmation bias you were talking about?
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    35,593
    Rep Power
    23
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    Why do you think that he is afraid of being prosecuted?

    Remember. He has a story to tell.
    I don't know. Why do you think Lehrner is afraid of being prosecuted? I could guess in each case, but that wouldn't prove anything.
    In each case they may or may not be justified in their concerns.
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    35,593
    Rep Power
    23
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    It's just amazing because we all have the same access to information as one another.

    But as dantes astutely points out, confirmation bias is a bear of a thing.
    Yeah. We all notice how bad it is with those who don't agree with us.
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    U.S.
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Progressive Liberal
    Posts
    11,840
    Blog Entries
    30
    Rep Power
    8
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    I don't know. Why do you think Lehrner is afraid of being prosecuted? I could guess in each case, but that wouldn't prove anything.
    In each case they may or may not be justified in their concerns.
    Repeating for the uninformed. Lois Lehner was cleared.

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...eting-charges/


    #MAGA = Morons Are Governing America.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    35,593
    Rep Power
    23
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madasheck View Post
    Repeating for the uninformed. Lois Lehner was cleared.

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...eting-charges/
    If she was "cleared" then why doesn't she drop her claim to the fifth amendment? Maybe she is afraid that would "unclear" her?
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    24,749
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    Is this an example of that confirmation bias you were talking about?
    How so? I'm merely acknowledging that I don't have an answer to this very specific question.

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    24,749
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Well, this thread would be a good example.

    But if you believe more freaking out is required, feel free. What did you have in mind?
    There haven't been any conservatives on this thread freaking about about Flynn. I don't remember if anyone around here freaked out about Lerner. I do remember select conservative pundits freaking out about Lerner.

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    U.S.
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Progressive Liberal
    Posts
    11,840
    Blog Entries
    30
    Rep Power
    8
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    If she was "cleared" then why doesn't she drop her claim to the fifth amendment? Maybe she is afraid that would "unclear" her?
    She's been cleared. Your comment is irrelevant.


    #MAGA = Morons Are Governing America.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    35,593
    Rep Power
    23
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    There haven't been any conservatives on this thread freaking about about Flynn. I don't remember if anyone around here freaked out about Lerner. I do remember select conservative pundits freaking out about Lerner.
    Democrats freak out about Republicans taking the fifth.
    Republicans freak out about Democrats taking the fifth.
    Just find that out?
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    24,749
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Democrats freak out about Republicans taking the fifth.
    Republicans freak out about Democrats taking the fifth.
    Just find that out?
    I'm not freaking out about either. I guess you're axiom is wrong.

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    35,593
    Rep Power
    23
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madasheck View Post
    She's been cleared. Your comment is irrelevant.
    Wow. Great way to win an argument.
    Oh wait, your comment is irrelevant.
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    35,593
    Rep Power
    23
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    It has nothing to do with agreement on a position or with an ideological belief. It has to do with promotion of fallacy in favor of fact, when fact is so readily available.
    Yes. I wish those with whom I disagree wouldn't do that all the time.
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    19,013
    Rep Power
    18
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Yeah. We all notice how bad it is with those who don't agree with us.
    It has nothing to do with agreement on a position or with an ideological belief. It has to do with promotion of fallacy in favor of fact, when fact is so readily available.

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kissing Hank's ass
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Posts
    70,585
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    If she was "cleared" then why doesn't she drop her claim to the fifth amendment? Maybe she is afraid that would "unclear" her?
    Is there an investigation going on in which she is invoking her fifth amendment rights?

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #45
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    City of Champions!
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Quixotic
    Ideology
    Existential Nihilist
    Posts
    132,984
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Democrats freak out about Republicans taking the fifth.
    Republicans freak out about Democrats taking the fifth.
    Just find that out?
    You-personally, mind-cared so much about the IRS thing that was all horse****. But ths you're like politics, whattya gonna do? Amazing.
    "If it's beef, it's whatever, I ain't never been sweet/
    And in a battle I ain't never been beat, I'm in a race/
    To try to take Hova's place and you ain't better than Bleek."

  32. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •