Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50,246
    Rep Power
    28
    Post Like Stats

    Default National debt hits historic $20 trillion mark

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nationa...trillion-mark/



    "The U.S. national debt reached $20 trillion for the first time ever last Friday after President Trump signed a bipartisan bill temporarily raising the nation's debt limit for three months.

    While at Camp David, Trump, with the stroke of his presidential pen, increased the statutory debt last Friday by approximately $318 billion, according to the Treasury Department.

    The $318 billion increase raised the U.S. national debt to $20.16 trillion by Friday. Since Trump's inauguration, the debt has increased about $215 billion from around $19.94 trillion."


    Wasn't one of the Trump's campaign promises to decrease or wipe out the national debt? Or is the debt not important anymore?

    Now, with increased military spending and decreased income tax on higher earners it's gonna be hard to do that. They'll have to massively increase taxes on you guys or pretty much stop other programs. Maybe all of them?

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spud Country
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Jubilant
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Posts
    78,105
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Will President Trump take full credit for that figure?
    =====

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    not here
    My Mood
    Mischievous
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Posts
    83,211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    i am the king of debt
    -trump
    this post is coming from inside your house.....

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    44,819
    Rep Power
    25
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Over at Fox news, the headline in the 'politics' section is a story about Benghazi.

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spud Country
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Jubilant
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Posts
    78,105
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnt View Post
    Over at Fox news, the headline in the 'politics' section is a story about Benghazi.


    So predictable!

    So pathetic!

    =====

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,368
    Rep Power
    11
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LouC View Post


    So predictable!

    So pathetic!

    And over at MSNBC, CNN it's back to Russia

    SO pathetic

    So predicatable.

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spud Country
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Jubilant
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Posts
    78,105
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    And over at MSNBC, CNN it's back to Russia

    SO pathetic

    So predicatable.
    At MSNBC and CNN

    Hurricane Harvey and Irma's Aftermath.
    Jobs reporting, record number are unfilled.
    Flynn's failure to disclose Saudi=Russian deal.
    White House response to Clinton's book.
    Sarah Huckabee's remarks on Comey.
    Fact checking Trump's coal mining claims.
    Russian Facebook links.
    Trump dines with Democrats hoping to further his agenda.
    Trump voter fraud lies.
    Rand Paul denying current wars have anything to do with 9/11.

    Just some of the top stories being covered at CNN and MSNBC
    =====

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50,246
    Rep Power
    28
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnt View Post
    Over at Fox news, the headline in the 'politics' section is a story about Benghazi.

    and...

    "White House considers dropping refugee quota to 1980 level"

    "Martin Shkreli apologizes for $5G offer for Hillary Clinton's hair"

    "Is it time to open an investigation into Comey?"

    "What it's like to be smeared by Southern Poverty Law Center"

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,368
    Rep Power
    11
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nationa...trillion-mark/



    "The U.S. national debt reached $20 trillion for the first time ever last Friday after President Trump signed a bipartisan bill temporarily raising the nation's debt limit for three months.

    While at Camp David, Trump, with the stroke of his presidential pen, increased the statutory debt last Friday by approximately $318 billion, according to the Treasury Department.

    The $318 billion increase raised the U.S. national debt to $20.16 trillion by Friday. Since Trump's inauguration, the debt has increased about $215 billion from around $19.94 trillion."


    Wasn't one of the Trump's campaign promises to decrease or wipe out the national debt? Or is the debt not important anymore?

    Now, with increased military spending and decreased income tax on higher earners it's gonna be hard to do that. They'll have to massively increase taxes on you guys or pretty much stop other programs. Maybe all of them?
    Wait. Didn't Obama double the national debt? And the entire time he was in office ya'll remained totally silent. And now all of the suddent you care? Give me a break.You only care when a republican is in office. This is totally dishonest.

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. Likes Red Cell Maxim liked this post
  20. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50,246
    Rep Power
    28
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    Wait. Didn't Obama double the national debt? And the entire time he was in office ya'll remained totally silent. And now all of the suddent you care? Give me a break.You only care when a republican is in office. This is totally dishonest.
    uh...

    http://forums.hannity.com/showthread...highlight=debt

  21. Sponsored Links


  22. Likes party-free, Borgia, TennisOps, Brack liked this post
  23. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,368
    Rep Power
    11
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    Excellent. But that's you. Mainly it's been across the board dead liberal silence as Obama doubled the national debt. Your thread is legit.

    Rand Paul wants to cut foreign aid in order to fund hurricane relief. I like the idea. We are flat dead broke. We cannot afford to fund other countries at this point. What do you think?

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. Likes Camp liked this post
  26. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK, Norwich.
    Gender
    Male
    Age
    33
    Posts
    34,498
    Rep Power
    18
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    Excellent. But that's you. Mainly it's been across the board dead liberal silence as Obama doubled the national debt. Your thread is legit.

    Rand Paul wants to cut foreign aid in order to fund hurricane relief. I like the idea. We are flat dead broke. We cannot afford to fund other countries at this point. What do you think?
    Foreign aid is at about the 50 billion mark. Even if you cut every penny for the year, it wouldn't come close to paying for the hurricane relief in Texas, let alone Florida.

    And of course it means you lose all the diplomatic leverage in the process. China, India and others will happily take up the slack on the bribing front. As that is essentially what much of foreign aid is.

    Seems like the spending problem is going to get worse under a Republican WH, House and Senate. Not better.

    Much as Ryan wants to destroy social security, medicare and medicaid to bring down expentidures, it doesn't look like he can get the rest of the Republican party to sign on.

    And with tax cuts not needing to be revenue neutral (per the WH and freedom caucus), military spending going up, and a massive infrastructure bill..
    Last edited by MoleUK; September 13th, 2017 at 8:09 am.

  27. Sponsored Links


  28. Likes party-free liked this post
  29. #13
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Arrakis
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    17,135
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    19
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    Excellent. But that's you. Mainly it's been across the board dead liberal silence as Obama doubled the national debt. Your thread is legit.

    Rand Paul wants to cut foreign aid in order to fund hurricane relief. I like the idea. We are flat dead broke. We cannot afford to fund other countries at this point. What do you think?
    Let's start at the top. Which country receives the most US aid per year?
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. - Willy Wonka

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. Likes MoleUK liked this post
  32. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    18,555
    Rep Power
    16
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    Excellent. But that's you. Mainly it's been across the board dead liberal silence as Obama doubled the national debt. Your thread is legit.

    Rand Paul wants to cut foreign aid in order to fund hurricane relief. I like the idea. We are flat dead broke. We cannot afford to fund other countries at this point. What do you think?
    How can we spend $4T if we are "flat dead broke"?

  33. Sponsored Links


  34. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    44,819
    Rep Power
    25
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    Wait. Didn't Obama double the national debt? And the entire time he was in office ya'll remained totally silent. And now all of the suddent you care? Give me a break.You only care when a republican is in office. This is totally dishonest.
    I think the point is, the GOP and talk radio conservatives have been apoplectic about the debt for the last 8 years. Now they don't seem to care about it.

    Pointing out that hypocrisy doesn't mean you necessarily agree with their original point.

  35. Sponsored Links


  36. Likes party-free liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •