Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default "The Vietnam War"

"The Vietnam War" a documentary by Ken Burns, will air on PBS starting September 17. It will be in 10 parts spanning a total of 18 hours.

Probably a good time for this, as we hit 50th Anniversary of the peak years of the war and with the 50th Anniversary of the Tet Offensive coming up in January of 2018. Over 42 years since the Fall of Saigon.

The passage of a full generation is a good time to take a reflective look back at the worst mistake by the United States in its entire history.

The entire war was based on a lie, the fictitious Gulf of Tonkin "incident". We spent our blood and treasure backing one of the most corrupt and brutal regimes ever to exist, a regime that would ultimately fold like a deck of cards once it had to stand on its own two feet.

In the end, every soldier who died, every soldier who was injured, every soldier poisoned by Agent Orange and every soldier ****** up by PTSD, suffered and died for nothing. In the end, the United States, for all intents and purposes, unconditionally surrendered, "saving face" through the phony Paris Peace Accords. South Vietnam was obliterated. North Vietnam won total and complete victory, humiliating the United States in the process.

It should be an interesting series. It would be nice if the United States Government had learned something from the Vietnam War, but of course they never did.

2. Sponsored Links

In the end, every soldier who died, every soldier who was injured, every soldier poisoned by Agent Orange and every soldier ****** up by PTSD, suffered and died for nothing. In the end, the United States, for all intents and purposes, unconditionally surrendered, "saving face" through the phony Paris Peace Accords. South Vietnam was obliterated. North Vietnam won total and complete victory, humiliating the United States in the process.

It should be an interesting series. It would be nice if the United States Government had learned something from the Vietnam War, but of course they never did.
    The Vietnam war was a Democrat war started by JFK and politicized and prolonged by LBJ! If JFK had lived it surely would have been short, swift victory but sadly he didn't and LBJ is right up there with WORST of American Presidents.

What the country learned and damned well better remember is that progressive liberal Democrats would rather lose a war if they can maintain control & power as they are perfectly happy to rule over subjects of a much lessor country and as long as they are part of the ruling establishment they don't care about the people. You better remember and realize that!!! IMO

4. Sponsored Links

One thing I am sure of. You can make what you want out of it.

When they met in 1995, Robert McNamara asked Gen. Giap if there was any way the US could have won the war.
    Giap told him that the only way was for us to have invaded Laos and closed the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

I believe him.

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Roxiebell View Post
    The Vietnam war was a Democrat war started by JFK and politicized and prolonged by LBJ! If JFK had lived it surely would have been short, swift victory but sadly he didn't and LBJ is right up there with WORST of American Presidents.

What the country learned and damned well better remember is that progressive liberal Democrats would rather lose a war if they can maintain control & power as they are perfectly happy to rule over subjects of a much lessor country and as long as they are part of the ruling establishment they don't care about the people. You better remember and realize that!!! IMO

Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

8. Sponsored Links

You are correct. More members of the "Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club" need to wade in.
    This week under President Trump the DOW reached over 23000 & we're talking about something Trump said. WOW!

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Insane.
    "Hypocrisy is great when directed at the right people"
    -SpadeMarlowe-

12. Sponsored Links

I taped three hours of Pearl Harbor tonite on AHC. I watch it all the time & enjoy what they show about WWII.
    This week under President Trump the DOW reached over 23000 & we're talking about something Trump said. WOW!

14. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    I taped three hours of Pearl Harbor tonite on AHC. I watch it all the time & enjoy what they show about WWII.
    Taped?

16. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Solsbury Krill View Post
    Taped?
    The last stand alone VCRs ceased production only at the end of June 2016. However, VCR/Blu-Ray combo units are still manufactured.

Given Duck's age, it would not be at all surprising that he uses VCR tapes.

18. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    The last stand alone VCRs ceased production only at the end of June 2016. However, VCR/Blu-Ray combo units are still manufactured.

Given Duck's age, it would not be at all surprising that he uses VCR tapes.
    LOL! "You're a regular riot Alice, a regular riot". Do you mean I'm out of touch?

20. Sponsored Links

Actually, no. Not at all. Not what I meant.

My comment was just what it said, you probably are using a VCR.

Nothing else intended by my comment.
    Well in your liberal kingdom, exactly what verbiage, or terminology should I use? I promise I'll use it forever & ever amen.'

22. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    LOL! "You're a regular riot Alice, a regular riot". Do you mean I'm out of touch?
    Actually, no. Not at all. Not what I meant.

My comment was just what it said, you probably are using a VCR.

Nothing else intended by my comment.

24. Sponsored Links

25. December 10th, 2017, 1:59 am

Quote Originally Posted by Solsbury Krill View Post
    Taped?
    Sure, why not? You still dial your phone, donít you?

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

27. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Sure, why not? You still dial your phone, donít you?
    I actually do have a phone in my house that has to be dialed.

29. Sponsored Links

I actually do have a phone in my house that has to be dialed.
    And I actually do use DVD.

31. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Vietnam was not near so simple as you make it. Like most war it was largely tragedy.

I suggest three books: Fire in the Lake, A Bright Shining Lie, and Vietnam, A History.
    Trump's "Personal Vietnam", he boasted about dodging STDs while many of his peers fell wounded, and dead, on foreign soil. What a guy; humble too. - BC

33. Sponsored Links