Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,353
    Rep Power
    21

    Default 2017 College Football Thread

    Is Florida State the best of the ACC this year and a National Championship contender?

    We shall definitely get a good indication on Saturday evening, when Florida State plays at Alabama.

    If Florida State can defeat the Crimson Tide at home, they would become a heavy favorite to win the National Championship.

    If Florida State loses, I think they still are the class of the ACC and can still make it into the playoffs.

    Meanwhile, while FSU is in Alabama, Clemson will be playing that perennial powerhouse, Kent State.

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,353
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Well, they have managed to tie it with about three minutes left.

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,353
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Louisville wins on a last second field goal, 31 to 28.

    Its been a good run of Bowls for Florida State, but, barring some sort of miracle, its over.

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,353
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Boston College 35 - Florida State 3

    HOLY ****!!!!

    Jimbo Fisher might be on the unemployment line before this season is over.

    Florida State very EASILY and very LIKELY will end this season at 3 - 8.

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,353
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    And perhaps the ACC should ban all cameras from the Clemson/FSU game.

    The brutalization that Clemson will inflict on FSU is going to be monstrous.

    I would not at all be surprised to see that game end 70 - 0

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,353
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    First things first.

    The Florida State coaching sucks. The entire coaching staff, minus Fisher, should be fired the second the Gators finish kicking Seminole butt at the end of the season. Offensive/Defensive Coordinators, Defensive/Offensive line coaches, fitness coaches, EVERYBODY.

    And a a long hard look needs to be made at Fisher himself, perhaps it is time to part ways.

    But it is not just the coaching staff.

    Frankly, many of the players simply suck. NOT just from a talent standpoint. Many of the FSU players where obviously defeated and unmotivated during the B.C. game.

    It may be time to dismiss several players from the team for lack of performance and putting EVERYBODY else on the team on notice, they are expendable.

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,353
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Well, at least Penn State is off to a good start today.

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bama Nation
    Posts
    75,886
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    Well, at least Penn State is off to a good start today.
    That was hard for me to believe at the end, goodness gracious want to talk about choking.

    Do you think anybody can beat Bama? Georgia maybe?

    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,353
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    That was hard for me to believe at the end, goodness gracious want to talk about choking.

    Do you think anybody can beat Bama? Georgia maybe?

    Central Florida.

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Disaffected liberal
    Posts
    22,969
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    So lets see how unbiased the college football playoff rankings are when they come out.

    If Georgia is not #1 then the whole system should just be flushed. So while I do think Alabama is probably a better team, the panel that chooses the rankings has gone on and on and on and on in past years about quality of wins mattering. No team has a better win on their resume than Georgia who went into Notre Dame and won. ND could arguably be in the top 4 of their rankings. Therefore if the system is fair and actually gives credence to the quality wins argument than Georgia is the clear #1 right now and it shouldn't even be a debate.

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bama Nation
    Posts
    75,886
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    Central Florida.


    Isn't that Lane Kiffen's team now? If so they will probably roll up some points for sure.

    I am thinking Georgia has the best shot at us this year but I want to see how they play Auburn this Saturday cause Auburn will be the best team they have played this year. LSU could slip in and beat Bama Saturday but that is a long shot.
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bama Nation
    Posts
    75,886
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    So lets see how unbiased the college football playoff rankings are when they come out.

    If Georgia is not #1 then the whole system should just be flushed. So while I do think Alabama is probably a better team, the panel that chooses the rankings has gone on and on and on and on in past years about quality of wins mattering. No team has a better win on their resume than Georgia who went into Notre Dame and won. ND could arguably be in the top 4 of their rankings. Therefore if the system is fair and actually gives credence to the quality wins argument than Georgia is the clear #1 right now and it shouldn't even be a debate.
    I wish that would happen. The number 1 team going in to the playoffs has never won the championship so I don't want us at number 1. Not sure anybody can beat Bama before the SEC championship tho.

    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Disaffected liberal
    Posts
    22,969
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I'm actually shocked that they did put Georgia as #1 citing the win over Notre Dame as the reason. I really didn't think they would given the history of bias in the polling. Though I wonder if Georgia wasn't also an SEC team if it would have happened.

    No bigger proof of the SEC bias in polling has ever existed than years ago when in the opening game of the season Boise State, who was ranked somewhere around 20, went to Atlanta to play Georgia, who was ranked above them, and beat Georgia. Some pollsters with SEC bias DROPPED Boise State in their rankings over this. Boise State did rise in the overall poll because not all pollsters are biased but some actually did drop them.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; October 31st, 2017 at 9:48 pm.

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bama Nation
    Posts
    75,886
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I'm actually shocked that they did put Georgia as #1 citing the win over Notre Dame as the reason. I really didn't think they would given the history of bias in the polling. Though I wonder if Georgia wasn't also an SEC team if it would have happened.

    No bigger proof of the SEC bias in polling has ever existed than years ago when in the opening game of the season Boise State, who was ranked somewhere around 20, went to Atlanta to play Georgia, who was ranked above them, and beat Georgia. Some pollsters with SEC bias DROPPED Boise State in their rankings over this. Boise State did rise in the overall poll because not all pollsters are biased but some actually did drop them.
    The SEC is no longer the powerhouse they used to be.

    ROLL TIDE!!
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,353
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Florida State has gained a small chance to reach a bowl game by rescheduling the Louisiana Monroe game for December 2.

    But it is a small chance.

    They MUST win ALL three remaining games. Delaware State and Louisiana Monroe are pansy games.

    Unfortunately, they must play the Florida Gators at the swamp. While the Gators also suck, Florida State is going to have a very difficult time winning this game and if they lose, their long bowl streak is over.

    I should note that the Florida Gators are in an equally desperate situation, needing to beat UAB, the Seminoles and needing to reschedule and beat Northern Colorado to become bowl eligible.

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    is everything
    Age
    40
    Posts
    89,647
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    Florida State has gained a small chance to reach a bowl game by rescheduling the Louisiana Monroe game for December 2.

    But it is a small chance.

    They MUST win ALL three remaining games. Delaware State and Louisiana Monroe are pansy games.

    Unfortunately, they must play the Florida Gators at the swamp. While the Gators also suck, Florida State is going to have a very difficult time winning this game and if they lose, their long bowl streak is over.

    I should note that the Florida Gators are in an equally desperate situation, needing to beat UAB, the Seminoles and needing to reschedule and beat Northern Colorado to become bowl eligible.
    FSU will be favored in all three games. If they don't make it they have no one to blame but themselves.

    ESPN has them projected to get to the Independence Bowl to play UAB.

    Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

  32. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •