2017 College Football Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default 2017 College Football Thread

Is Florida State the best of the ACC this year and a National Championship contender?

We shall definitely get a good indication on Saturday evening, when Florida State plays at Alabama.

If Florida State can defeat the Crimson Tide at home, they would become a heavy favorite to win the National Championship.

If Florida State loses, I think they still are the class of the ACC and can still make it into the playoffs.

Meanwhile, while FSU is in Alabama, Clemson will be playing that perennial powerhouse, Kent State.

2. Sponsored Links

We'll see. If the CFP chooses Alabama over Ohio State, a rematch in New Orleans will likely be the first stop The CFP could be renamed the PK80 Football Division.
    Ashamed to be an American.

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    Looks like the Tide "rolled" over and died.

No SEC Championship.

No National Championship.
    hang on a minute now sir
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    hang on a minute now sir
    Alabama slunk in on the committee's long standing SEC bias.

If the Selection Committee had the slightest bit of integrity, Alabama wouldn't have gotten in.

8. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    Alabama slunk in on the committee's long standing SEC bias.

If the Selection Committee had the slightest bit of integrity, Alabama wouldn't have gotten in.
    Who else is better? Nobody else is who.

You sound like Herbstreet. He said Ohio State deserved that spot but then turned around and said he thought Bama could beat Ohio State in a game.

if it is supposed to be the 4 best team then who should it be besides Alabama?
    ― Jimmy Buffett

10. Sponsored Links

Who else is better? Nobody else is who.

You sound like Herbstreet. He said Ohio State deserved that spot but then turned around and said he thought Bama could beat Ohio State in a game.

if it is supposed to be the 4 best team then who should it be besides Alabama?
    I agree, bud. As a Clemson fan, I want to see them play the best. We destroyed Ohio State last year. This year would be no different. But I'm glad we got Alabama in the first round. A three peat in the championship game would possibly wear on college football fans, even though I'd personally like to see a best 2 out of three matchup.

Between Oklahoma and Georgia, I'm not sure who's got the edge. I'd like to say Georgia is going to present Oklahoma a D that they haven't seen much like Clemson did in 2015. That game was closer than the outcome through the half, until Watson took away their motivation. And that, I guess, will be the question. Can Chubs, Michelle and From put up the points and cut Oklahoma's throats, or will Oklahoma stick around long enough to beat a tired D in the 4th?

And man I'd love to see Clemson vs Georgia in ATL. That place would be crazy!

The committee got it right all the way around, I think, and look forward to watching some great football over new years.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwhughes View Post
    I agree, bud. As a Clemson fan, I want to see them play the best. We destroyed Ohio State last year. This year would be no different. But I'm glad we got Alabama in the first round. A three peat in the championship game would possibly wear on college football fans, even though I'd personally like to see a best 2 out of three matchup.

Between Oklahoma and Georgia, I'm not sure who's got the edge. I'd like to say Georgia is going to present Oklahoma a D that they haven't seen much like Clemson did in 2015. That game was closer than the outcome through the half, until Watson took away their motivation. And that, I guess, will be the question. Can Chubs, Michelle and From put up the points and cut Oklahoma's throats, or will Oklahoma stick around long enough to beat a tired D in the 4th?

And man I'd love to see Clemson vs Georgia in ATL. That place would be crazy!

The committee got it right all the way around, I think, and look forward to watching some great football over new years.
    I like Clemson as well. I lived in Grenville a few years and went to lots of their games with my sister's boyfriend, who got IPTAY tickets. That is a loud place to go play a game. When i was there Danny Ford was the coach and they were on probation. I think they still went undefeated that year.

I think it will be an epic game since Bama has back some of those injured defensive players. They should all be 100% by game day. It's gonna be a head knocker of epic proportions. Oklahoma/Ga. isn't gonna be a bad game either.

― Jimmy Buffett

14. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

We lost another star in practice this week. Our defense is still riddled with injury.

Bama 33 Clemson 24

Georgia 44 Oklahoma 42

Merry Christmas!!
    ― Jimmy Buffett

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

We are getting our butts kicked, plain and simple. We have lost our identity passing every play like this. It's hard to run on Georgia though with our 2 best offensive lineman out with injuries.

we are getting whipped
    ― Jimmy Buffett

18. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Hell yes!!!

Roll Tide Roll.
    ― Jimmy Buffett

20. Sponsored Links

21. Likes itsjoanne liked this post

Congrats to the tide. See you next year.
    If Peeing Your Pants Is Cool Consider Me Miles Davis

23. Sponsored Links

hell yes!!!

Roll tide roll.
    what he said!

25. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddad409 View Post
    what he said!
    Damn Skippy My Friend!!

We are the champions once again.