Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default 2017 NFL Season thread

With the Hall of Fame Game coming up Thursday, guess it is time to start this thread.

In the NFC East, I think it is going to be the Giants and Cowboys neck in neck all season with the Eagles and Redskins out of the picture from the very beginning.

Dallas SHOULD win the division over the Giants by the narrowest of margins and probably won't technically clinch until the last week of the season. Giants might go in as the wildcard.

In the AFC East, Patriots. (Duuuuuhhhhhhh). New York Jets suck so badly, they may go 0-16. Bills are out of the picture from the beginning. Dolphins MIGHT have enough to have an outside shot at the lower wildcard slot, probably not but maybe.

More later..
    Last edited by Safiel; August 2nd, 2017 at 11:36 pm. Reason: Changing view regarding Giants

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Not suggesting by any means the 49ers are going to win even 5 games but they do have two games against the Rams and then games against the Bears, Chargers, Jaguars, and Colts. The Chargers are snakebit as usual with injuries and how much longer can Rivers carry them? Andrew Luck still can't throw a football (injury reasons) and its starting to get the point one wonders if he'll even play this season, without him the game is winnable by the 49ers.

No matter what though they are unlikely to be the worst team in the NFL as that will probably be the Jets. Their starting QB, whoever they settle on, will be dreadful. Their top WR would be a #4 at best on most teams. Their RB's are old or nothing special. On defense except for DT they suck. If any teams goes 0-16 it will be them though I have confidence in my Dolphins to bungle a game to them.
    You're underestimating the Rams. They have a pretty good team this year, both on offense and defense. If QB Goff plays as expected, they have the supporting cast to absolutely trounce the 49ers in both games.

4. Sponsored Links

Not suggesting by any means the 49ers are going to win even 5 games but they do have two games against the Rams and then games against the Bears, Chargers, Jaguars, and Colts. The Chargers are snakebit as usual with injuries and how much longer can Rivers carry them? Andrew Luck still can't throw a football (injury reasons) and its starting to get the point one wonders if he'll even play this season, without him the game is winnable by the 49ers.

No matter what though they are unlikely to be the worst team in the NFL as that will probably be the Jets. Their starting QB, whoever they settle on, will be dreadful. Their top WR would be a #4 at best on most teams. Their RB's are old or nothing special. On defense except for DT they suck. If any teams goes 0-16 it will be them though I have confidence in my Dolphins to bungle a game to them.
    Their top WR is out for the season.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

6. Sponsored Links

I realize this is low-hanging fruit, but I fully intend to send a company a fair price for a "Patrick is Mahomie" tee shirt. Yes, the easy jokes are easy. But they must still be told.
    This space for rent, inquire within.

8. Sponsored Links

9. Likes Dr. Funkenstein liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Funkenstein View Post
    Their top WR is out for the season.
    Yep. I was referring to Robbie Anderson, who is now their #1. Quincy Enumawa (however you spell it) could be a #2 on a lot of teams but as you said, now he's out.

11. Sponsored Links

Yep. I was referring to Robbie Anderson, who is now their #1. Quincy Enumawa (however you spell it) could be a #2 on a lot of teams but as you said, now he's out.
    Speaking of out for the season, how many sidelined Dolphins are we up to? It's an epidemic down there...

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

13. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Funkenstein View Post
    Speaking of out for the season, how many sidelined Dolphins are we up to? It's an epidemic down there...
    Yep. Miami writers are calling it the camp from hell.

The one that worries me most is Ajayi. Losing Tannehill and going to Cutler is basically a wash in terms of ability as the offense will go as far as Ajayi takes them. I read yesterday that he's finally after a few weeks cleared concussion protocol but it seems like once you get a concussion you are thereafter more likely to get more. And now his top backup, Kenyan Drake, is in concussion protocol.

And the offensive line as usual is a shambles. Pouncey as usual can't stay healthy. Our starting RT is already nursing injuries and both guard positions are up in the air due to injury.

A 6-10 record wouldn't surprise me given the way things are gong so far. And then next year may be a complete reboot year. The team can walk away from Tannehill with zero cost so if the draft pick is high enough they may take a QB since next years class is going to be loaded.

15. Sponsored Links

Pats wide receiver Julian Edelman might had suffered a torn ACL.

The Pats might as well kiss the playoffs goodbye.

17. Sponsored Links

AFC East:
    New England

AFC North:
    Baltimore

AFC South:
    Tennessee

AFC West:
    Oakland

Wild Card:
    Miami
    Denver

19. Sponsored Links

NFC East:
    NY Giants

NFC North:
    Green Bay

NFC South:
    Atlanta

NFC West:
    Arizona

Wild Card
    New Orleans
    Seattle

21. Sponsored Links

With the preseason, injuries and everything else in the books:

To summarize:

AFC

Division Winners by possible seed:

Biggest difference from my Hall of Fame Game project is that the Patriots move down to #2 seed and Pittsburgh and Tennessee switch seeds. Miami moves out of the playoff picture. Chargers move up and Raiders move down.

#1 Kansas City/Los Angeles Chargers
    #2 Patriots
    #3 Pittsburgh
    #4 Tennessee

Wildcards and outside looking in by seed

#5 Kansas City/Los Angeles Chargers
    #6 Denver
    #7 Oakland
    #8 Houston

#9 Indianapolis
    #10 Baltimore
    #11 Cincinnati

NFC

Division winners by possible seed:

Major changes from Hall of Fame predictions. Dallas moves out of the playoff picture entirely and Giants take the East. Atlanta and Seattle exchange seed position. Tampa Bay moves up.

#1 Packers
    #2 Seattle
    #3 Atlanta
    #4 New York Giants

Wildcards and outside looking in by seed:

#5 Arizona
    #6 Tampa Bay
    #7 Carolina
    #8 New Orleans
    #9 Detroit

23. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    With the preseason, injuries and everything else in the books:

To summarize:

AFC

Division Winners by possible seed:

Biggest difference from my Hall of Fame Game project is that the Patriots move down to #2 seed and Pittsburgh and Tennessee switch seeds. Miami moves out of the playoff picture. Chargers move up and Raiders move down.

#1 Kansas City/Los Angeles Chargers
    #2 Patriots
    #3 Pittsburgh
    #4 Tennessee

Wildcards and outside looking in by seed

#5 Kansas City/Los Angeles Chargers
    #6 Denver
    #7 Oakland
    #8 Houston

#9 Indianapolis
    #10 Baltimore
    #11 Cincinnati

NFC

Division winners by possible seed:

Major changes from Hall of Fame predictions. Dallas moves out of the playoff picture entirely and Giants take the East. Atlanta and Seattle exchange seed position. Tampa Bay moves up.

#1 Packers
    #2 Seattle
    #3 Atlanta
    #4 New York Giants

Wildcards and outside looking in by seed:

#5 Arizona
    #6 Tampa Bay
    #7 Carolina
    #8 New Orleans
    #9 Detroit
    This looks pretty tight to me. I wish I had more optimism for Arizona, but we'll see. David Johnson has the potential to open things up for Palmer and the receiving corps, fingers crossed. I saw one CBS analyst predicting Arizona to win the Super Bowl, against the Chargers. Nearly fell out of my chair on that one.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...pions-crowned/
    You're messin' with the wrong wolf, baby/Darkness gonna break your light - ​Dorothy, "Missile"

25. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkjetsfan View Post
    Pats wide receiver Julian Edelman might had suffered a torn ACL.

The Pats might as well kiss the playoffs goodbye.
    Sarcasm I hope?

27. Sponsored Links

The Miami / Tampa game will not be held in Miami this week due to Hurricane Irma. Its either going to be moved to a neutral site or delayed til week 11 when both teams have byes. The teams both want the neutral site option so that they still have a bye late in the season. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are being looked at as neutral sites.

29. Sponsored Links

The Miami / Tampa game will not be held in Miami this week due to Hurricane Irma. Its either going to be moved to a neutral site or delayed til week 11 when both teams have byes. The teams both want the neutral site option so that they still have a bye late in the season. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are being looked at as neutral sites.
    I have a feeling Tampa and Miami won't be playing many home games for a few weeks. This storm looks wicked and is expected to hit Florida hard. It won't matter, it's not like either team is any good anyway.

31. Sponsored Links

Moved to Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by Toll Collector View Post
    I have a feeling Tampa and Miami won't be playing many home games for a few weeks. This storm looks wicked and is expected to hit Florida hard. It won't matter, it's not like either team is any good anyway.
    I have the Bucs winning the South. Stifle

33. Sponsored Links