Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Default 2017 NFL Season thread

With the Hall of Fame Game coming up Thursday, guess it is time to start this thread.

In the NFC East, I think it is going to be the Giants and Cowboys neck in neck all season with the Eagles and Redskins out of the picture from the very beginning.

Dallas SHOULD win the division over the Giants by the narrowest of margins and probably won't technically clinch until the last week of the season. Giants might go in as the wildcard.

In the AFC East, Patriots. (Duuuuuhhhhhhh). New York Jets suck so badly, they may go 0-16. Bills are out of the picture from the beginning. Dolphins MIGHT have enough to have an outside shot at the lower wildcard slot, probably not but maybe.

More later..
    Last edited by Safiel; August 2nd, 2017 at 11:36 pm. Reason: Changing view regarding Giants

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Funkenstein View Post
    But you don't believe Adam Jones and Burfict, so why would you quote them?
    Works both ways, doesn’t it? Burfict and Jones were Still saying that Brown faked it on the day of the game.

4. Sponsored Links

How does Gronk only get a 1 game suspension? Is that the rule? First offense for purposely trying to injure a player after the play is over is a 1 game suspension? But off the field conduct is 4 games, 6 games, whatever? The NFL has their head up their asses. If I really disliked another player I would think it was worth it for a single game.

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Soldier View Post
    Works both ways, doesn’t it? Burfict and Jones were Still saying that Brown faked it on the day of the game.
    You can be such a hypocrite sometimes, you know that?

You were screaming to the heavens when they accused Brown of faking. Like they should be shot on sight.

Now you're doing the same ****ing thing. I hope you realize it's a ridiculous look for you, but I doubt you do.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Toll Collector View Post
    How does Gronk only get a 1 game suspension? Is that the rule? First offense for purposely trying to injure a player after the play is over is a 1 game suspension? But off the field conduct is 4 games, 6 games, whatever? The NFL has their head up their asses. If I really disliked another player I would think it was worth it for a single game.
    Multiple-game suspensions for on-field conduct are rare. Haynesworth's was the longest - 5 games for stomping on Andre Gurode's face.

The off-field policies were put in place because fans were reacting to NFL players getting no punishment from the league for DUI's and other legal offenses that the regular person would probably be fired from their job for committing.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

10. Sponsored Links

You were screaming to the heavens when they accused Brown of faking. Like they should be shot on sight.

Now you're doing the same ****ing thing. I hope you realize it's a ridiculous look for you, but I doubt you do.
    And where was the outcry when Brown was accused of faking?

Crickets. Damn crickets. So spare me the talk on hypocrisy.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

The National We Hate Steelers League (aka NFL) gives him ample justification. At this rate they will succeed in denying the Steelers their seventh Vince Lombardi trophy, thereby confirming that the monsters surrounding Goodell have sold their souls to Robert Kraft and are now committed to hating everything good and sweet and pure and properly inflated in this world.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

14. Sponsored Links

Multiple-game suspensions for on-field conduct are rare. Haynesworth's was the longest - 5 games for stomping on Andre Gurode's face.
    That's because most on field offenses aren't like his or Gronk's. Gronk qualified for the 5 games IMO. A one game suspension encourages that behavior.

The off-field policies were put in place because fans were reacting to NFL players getting no punishment from the league for DUI's and other legal offenses that the regular person would probably be fired from their job for committing.
    Tell me, what actions that are not directly related to your job can you be fired for? Certainly not DUI. Not even a racist rant unless it goes viral and makes the company look bad.

16. Sponsored Links

At least the Bengals have Iloka this weekend.

18. Sponsored Links

Loving the Colts Bills game. Snow pouring in. Just great.

Love snow games.

20. Sponsored Links

Carson Wentz probably done for the season with an ACL injury. The Eagles have one of the better backups in the league in Nick Foles but this still most likely ends the Eagles superbowl hopes.

22. Sponsored Links

Things got ugly near the end of the Seahawks/Jaguar game, with Bennett, Richardson and Jefferson all getting penalties, and two of the three being ejected. But it got worse as fans taunted and threw objects at Jefferson, who had to be restrained by security or he would have been in the stands.

I'm guessing Jefferson at least will be suspended and he may not be the only one.

With multiple injuries and possible suspensions I think the Seahawks season is done. They play the Rams next Sunday for first place but I'll be surprised if they win.

24. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    Things got ugly near the end of the Seahawks/Jaguar game, with Bennett, Richardson and Jefferson all getting penalties, and two of the three being ejected. But it got worse as fans taunted and threw objects at Jefferson, who had to be restrained by security or he would have been in the stands.

I'm guessing Jefferson at least will be suspended and he may not be the only one.

With multiple injuries and possible suspensions I think the Seahawks season is done. They play the Rams next Sunday for first place but I'll be surprised if they win.
    They have a good shot at the wildcard thanks to the schedule. Their main competition for the wild card are the Falcons, Saints, Panthers, Cowboys, Lions, and Packers. One of the first three will win the division and meanwhile The Falcons play both the Saints and Panthers before the season is over so there is good chance one of three will get knocked out by the others. The Panthers also play the Packers which could be a wild card elimination game for both. And ditto when the Packers play the Lions. The Seahawks also play the Cowboys. So basically the Seahawks if they win 2 of their last 3, especially the one against the Cowbys, are in decent shape since their other competitors for the wild card will be knocking some of the others out.

26. Sponsored Links

That was a gift to the Ravens. Another ******** pass interference call against the Steelers that set them up for easy one.

Just once I’d love to see the Steelers get a ******** call in their favor.

Just once.

28. Sponsored Links

And another ******** call against Antonio Brown. This game is ****ing rigged. **** these refs. This crew better not get a ****ing playoff game- they’re terrible. Baltimore can do no wrong.

30. Sponsored Links

Holy ****ing ****! Raven launched himself with his helmet first, left his feet. No ****ing call. This refs is ****ing terrible. He needs to be fired.

32. Sponsored Links