2017 NFL Season thread - Page 39

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Default 2017 NFL Season thread

With the Hall of Fame Game coming up Thursday, guess it is time to start this thread.

In the NFC East, I think it is going to be the Giants and Cowboys neck in neck all season with the Eagles and Redskins out of the picture from the very beginning.

Dallas SHOULD win the division over the Giants by the narrowest of margins and probably won't technically clinch until the last week of the season. Giants might go in as the wildcard.

In the AFC East, Patriots. (Duuuuuhhhhhhh). New York Jets suck so badly, they may go 0-16. Bills are out of the picture from the beginning. Dolphins MIGHT have enough to have an outside shot at the lower wildcard slot, probably not but maybe.

More later..
    Last edited by Safiel; August 2nd, 2017 at 11:36 pm. Reason: Changing view regarding Giants

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Toll Collector View Post
    Hey look, you could be a Cowboys fan and have to deal with their crap. The Chiefs season at least had potential, the Cowboys are a train wreck from the top down. Right now I'm at the point where I want to see the Vikings win one. Keep the roof open to the cold and freeze out the Saints and other opponents.
    True enough, but at least Jerry Jones wants a winner badly enough to take chances. Iím not even sure Clark Hunt cares about winning.

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Notorious View Post
    Hey, I can post again! That’s swell. I’ll open by saying, Jeff Triplette can rot in hell. All three of him.

Not that the Kansas City ****show would have won that game anyway. I knew the Titans had won the game when Mariota threw himself a touchdown pass. I knew that cowardly bastard Reid would take his foot off the pedal, and I damn sure knew Bob Sutton’s defense was nothing but wet tissue paper. Bob Sutton’s defense couldn’t stop a watch with a dead battery from telling them the time.

I don’t trust KC in the playoffs, for all the obvious reasons. If they ever did accidentally win the Super Bowl, I’d wait until the next day to start celebrating just to be sure it was real. I don’t know what it’s going to take for that franchise to get it’s **** together. Eric Bieniemy needs to keep the play sheet during games and hand that bitch Reid a Denny’s menu instead.

Regardless, I’m glad this bad joke of a team is done for the year. They truly deserve this loss. In lieu of success for the Chiefs, I’ll ask for either a sixth ring for Brady, a second for Brees, or a home SB win for the Vikings.
    I read an interesting article about Andy Reid the other day about how he is one of the greatest coaches at game planning and setting up a system but then one of the worst coaches about making in game adjustments which is why you so often see the Chiefs come out hot until halftime and then implode in 2nd half of games as the other team adjusts and Reid does not.

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I read an interesting article about Andy Reid the other day about how he is one of the greatest coaches at game planning and setting up a system but then one of the worst coaches about making in game adjustments which is why you so often see the Chiefs come out hot until halftime and then implode in 2nd half of games as the other team adjusts and Reid does not.
    Heís a very frustrating coach. I donít hate the man, and what heís done for the franchise shouldnít be ignored. But damn.

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Notorious View Post
    I donít know if it was just me, but the board was screwy every time I tried to load it. Couldnít read past the first page of any thread and the layout was all messed up. But anyway, yeah. The Chiefs did what the Chiefs do, blew it in the playoffs. Clark Hunt seems perfectly happy with mediocrity, though, so I donít know when or if thatíll ever change.

I like both the Saints and the Vikings, so Iím on board with whoever wins that game. But my heart still wants more jewelry for Tom Brady, because Iím one of the few non-New England homers out here who love to see them win. I canít help it, Iíve always rooted for the bad guys. 
    I don't consider the Pats to be bad guys, I really am just tired of all the winning.

I see Seattle will have the honor of playing in London next season. I wondered when their turn would come.

One of the dumbest things the NFL has done in recent years has been having London games. Totally stupid IMO.
    Trump 2013: Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

10. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    I don't consider the Pats to be bad guys, I really am just tired of all the winning.

I see Seattle will have the honor of playing in London next season. I wondered when their turn would come.

One of the dumbest things the NFL has done in recent years has been having London games. Totally stupid IMO.
    Within the next ten years there will probably be a team based in London. All these London games are basically experiments to see how the travel issues work out. They are already studying the feasibility of the London team having a secondary home somewhere on the east coast where the team would stay and practice during extended road trips rather than have to go back to London between games.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Within the next ten years there will probably be a team based in London. All these London games are basically experiments to see how the travel issues work out. They are already studying the feasibility of the London team having a secondary home somewhere on the east coast where the team would stay and practice during extended road trips rather than have to go back to London between games.
    Supposedly there's going to be massive "Take a knee" protests during the playoffs and also, probably, during the Super Bowl.

I wonder if these protests are going to "kill the product."

People stop going to football games entirely, the league goes out of business, and all the athletes are now out of a job as soon as they finish their college careers.

That'd be funny.
    "Let joy and innocence prevail."
    "Everyone's important to somebody."

14. Sponsored Links

I think it's totally stupid. The NFL has enough trouble right now getting fans back to the stadiums and losing TV revenue. And now they want to expand to the UK?

Let's fix the problems here first, then maybe think of expanding. But not before.
    Trump 2013: Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

16. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Alex McAlpine View Post
    Supposedly there's going to be massive "Take a knee" protests during the playoffs and also, probably, during the Super Bowl.

I wonder if these protests are going to "kill the product."

People stop going to football games entirely, the league goes out of business, and all the athletes are now out of a job as soon as they finish their college careers.

That'd be funny.
    Oh nooooooooooooo. The controversy had finally died down again. Really hope it's not about to be revived again.

Anyway, I'm going to guess the winners for this weekend's game. Pittsburg, Patriots, Vikings and Falcons.

Don't care if I'm wrong on three out of four, except for the Vikings.

18. Sponsored Links

Oh nooooooooooooo. The controversy had finally died down again. Really hope it's not about to be revived again.

Anyway, I'm going to guess the winners for this weekend's game. Pittsburg, Patriots, Vikings and Falcons.

I forgot what I predicted 3 pages ago because that is who I am. But I'll go with Jags, Patriots, Vikings Falcons. But I am rooting for the Vikings to win it all. Any other NFC team makes it there I will root for the Patriots.

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Toll Collector View Post
    I forgot what I predicted 3 pages ago because that is who I am. But I'll go with Jags, Patriots, Vikings Falcons. But I am rooting for the Vikings to win it all. Any other NFC team makes it there I will root for the Patriots.
    Yeah, I really want the Vikings to be SB champs too. The city and their fans really deserve it. Otherwise I usually just default to whoever the NFC team happens to be in the SB.

22. Sponsored Links

Unless loudmouth Trump and the crybabies in his cult make it a big deal again.

24. Sponsored Links

Congratulations Philadelphia! Great defense won that game.

26. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkjetsfan View Post
    Unless loudmouth Trump and the crybabies in his cult make it a big deal again.
    I'm far, FAR from a Trumpster but I don't like the kneeling either. Doesn't stop me from watching the games, but I think players could find better ways to express themselves.

Plus, I just HATE politics brought into sports.

I missed the first part of the game, but doesn't sound like there was any kneeling before it started.

28. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Is football season over yet!? I'm getting sick and tired hearing about this crap!

30. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Philadelphia's defense carries the day, and they move on to the conference title game.

Looks like New England will hold serve at home as well.
    You're messin' with the wrong wolf, baby/Darkness gonna break your light - ​Dorothy, "Missile"

32. Sponsored Links