Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Default 2017 NFL Season thread

With the Hall of Fame Game coming up Thursday, guess it is time to start this thread.

In the NFC East, I think it is going to be the Giants and Cowboys neck in neck all season with the Eagles and Redskins out of the picture from the very beginning.

Dallas SHOULD win the division over the Giants by the narrowest of margins and probably won't technically clinch until the last week of the season. Giants might go in as the wildcard.

In the AFC East, Patriots. (Duuuuuhhhhhhh). New York Jets suck so badly, they may go 0-16. Bills are out of the picture from the beginning. Dolphins MIGHT have enough to have an outside shot at the lower wildcard slot, probably not but maybe.

More later..
    Last edited by Safiel; August 2nd, 2017 at 11:36 pm. Reason: Changing view regarding Giants

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Calm
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Not suggesting by any means the 49ers are going to win even 5 games but they do have two games against the Rams and then games against the Bears, Chargers, Jaguars, and Colts. The Chargers are snakebit as usual with injuries and how much longer can Rivers carry them? Andrew Luck still can't throw a football (injury reasons) and its starting to get the point one wonders if he'll even play this season, without him the game is winnable by the 49ers.

No matter what though they are unlikely to be the worst team in the NFL as that will probably be the Jets. Their starting QB, whoever they settle on, will be dreadful. Their top WR would be a #4 at best on most teams. Their RB's are old or nothing special. On defense except for DT they suck. If any teams goes 0-16 it will be them though I have confidence in my Dolphins to bungle a game to them.
    You're underestimating the Rams. They have a pretty good team this year, both on offense and defense. If QB Goff plays as expected, they have the supporting cast to absolutely trounce the 49ers in both games.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Not suggesting by any means the 49ers are going to win even 5 games but they do have two games against the Rams and then games against the Bears, Chargers, Jaguars, and Colts. The Chargers are snakebit as usual with injuries and how much longer can Rivers carry them? Andrew Luck still can't throw a football (injury reasons) and its starting to get the point one wonders if he'll even play this season, without him the game is winnable by the 49ers.

No matter what though they are unlikely to be the worst team in the NFL as that will probably be the Jets. Their starting QB, whoever they settle on, will be dreadful. Their top WR would be a #4 at best on most teams. Their RB's are old or nothing special. On defense except for DT they suck. If any teams goes 0-16 it will be them though I have confidence in my Dolphins to bungle a game to them.
    Their top WR is out for the season.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

6. Sponsored Links

Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

I realize this is low-hanging fruit, but I fully intend to send a company a fair price for a "Patrick is Mahomie" tee shirt. Yes, the easy jokes are easy. But they must still be told.
    This space for rent, inquire within.

8. Sponsored Links

9. Likes Dr. Funkenstein liked this post
    My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Funkenstein View Post
    Their top WR is out for the season.
    Yep. I was referring to Robbie Anderson, who is now their #1. Quincy Enumawa (however you spell it) could be a #2 on a lot of teams but as you said, now he's out.

11. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Yep. I was referring to Robbie Anderson, who is now their #1. Quincy Enumawa (however you spell it) could be a #2 on a lot of teams but as you said, now he's out.
    Speaking of out for the season, how many sidelined Dolphins are we up to? It's an epidemic down there...

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

13. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Funkenstein View Post
    Speaking of out for the season, how many sidelined Dolphins are we up to? It's an epidemic down there...
    Yep. Miami writers are calling it the camp from hell.

The one that worries me most is Ajayi. Losing Tannehill and going to Cutler is basically a wash in terms of ability as the offense will go as far as Ajayi takes them. I read yesterday that he's finally after a few weeks cleared concussion protocol but it seems like once you get a concussion you are thereafter more likely to get more. And now his top backup, Kenyan Drake, is in concussion protocol.

And the offensive line as usual is a shambles. Pouncey as usual can't stay healthy. Our starting RT is already nursing injuries and both guard positions are up in the air due to injury.

A 6-10 record wouldn't surprise me given the way things are gong so far. And then next year may be a complete reboot year. The team can walk away from Tannehill with zero cost so if the draft pick is high enough they may take a QB since next years class is going to be loaded.

15. Sponsored Links