Post Like Stats

Default Policeman identified in shooting of unarmed Australian woman in Minneapolis

An unarmed woman, Justine Damond. from Australia was shot and killed by a Minneapolis policeman Saturday night for no apparent reason. The police were responding to the Damond's 911 call, but I have seen no explanation from police about cause of the shooting. Reports that the police body cams were turned off at the time of the shooting.

The story has attracted great interest from in Australia, Britain and other countries. Here is one report from Britain:

Minneapolis officers recorded calling for backup and attempting to perform CPR on Damond, who was shot dead by police after she called 911 . . .Damond’s death in the alley outside her Minneapolis home just before midnight on Saturday has devastated and outraged family, friends and left the Minneapolis community upset about the latest police shooting in their city. Her partner, Don Damond, said he was being kept in the dark about the incident.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-police-radio

Recent reports have named the officer involved in the shooting:

The BCA has not officially named 31-year-old Mohamed Noor, but a source confirmed that he was the shooter. Attorney Tom Plunkett is representing the officer, but declined to identify him. Noor, joined the department in March 2015 as the first Somali police officer to patrol the 5th Precinct in southwest Minneapolis, according to a city newsletter.

http://www.startribune.com/what-we-k...ond/435018163/

Do you expect press interest will end now that the policeman has been identified?

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Obnoxious
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Bill.in.PA View Post
    An unarmed woman, Justine Damond. from Australia was shot and killed by a Minneapolis policeman Saturday night for no apparent reason. The police were responding to the Damond's 911 call, but I have seen no explanation from police about cause of the shooting. Reports that the police body cams were turned off at the time of the shooting.

The story has attracted great interest from in Australia, Britain and other countries. Here is one report from Britain:

Minneapolis officers recorded calling for backup and attempting to perform CPR on Damond, who was shot dead by police after she called 911 . . .Damond’s death in the alley outside her Minneapolis home just before midnight on Saturday has devastated and outraged family, friends and left the Minneapolis community upset about the latest police shooting in their city. Her partner, Don Damond, said he was being kept in the dark about the incident.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-police-radio

Recent reports have named the officer involved in the shooting:

The BCA has not officially named 31-year-old Mohamed Noor, but a source confirmed that he was the shooter. Attorney Tom Plunkett is representing the officer, but declined to identify him. Noor, joined the department in March 2015 as the first Somali police officer to patrol the 5th Precinct in southwest Minneapolis, according to a city newsletter.

http://www.startribune.com/what-we-k...ond/435018163/

Do you expect press interest will end now that the policeman has been identified?
    sounds to me like hes a ****ty cop. and should go to jail for a long time
    yes i am a pirate,200 years to late

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

I hope he actually gets indicted and does time.

I'm sure the forum police defenders are chomping at the bit to white knight for Mohamed... I don't see any reason why they won't.
    "They have given you nothing, I will give you everything. I will give you what you’ve been looking for for 50 years. I’m the only one."- Republican Messiah

6. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
    sounds to me like hes a ****ty cop. and should go to jail for a long time
    It certainly sounds suspicious. The killing is a huge tragedy in any case.

Somehow I expect that media reaction will be very muted compared to what it would be if a policeman of Australian origin had shot and killed an unarmed Somali woman.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Phlegmatic
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

I'm waiting till more info is known. My cousin that lives there said the woman was a Yoga teacher and had called the police for help. He also said the cop shot across his partner through the car to shoot the lady.

I don't like to jump to conclusions so I will wait for more info.

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DRS View Post
    QUOTE=ThinkingMan;105673422]not politics.

anti-police troll elsewhere
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm waiting to see if it'll get moved like mine did, the main thread on this story. I actually gave reason as to why it should stay in the politics section.
    No one is asking you to apologize for your ancestors. We're asking you to dismantle the system they created, that you maintain and benefit from.

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmaker View Post
    I'm waiting till more info is known. My cousin that lives there said the woman was a Yoga teacher and had called the police for help. He also said the cop shot across his partner through the car to shoot the lady.

I don't like to jump to conclusions so I will wait for more info.
    Here is a link to a report of the officer shooting through the police car:

http://www.inquisitr.com/4374281/cop...szczyk-damond/

Google News seems to have buried reports of the officer's name or origin, which is what I expected.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Look, if you approach a police officer you're going to be shot. The policeman has to protect himself first. People who do yoga are frighteningly limber and have a deadly sense of balance and should be considered dangerous at all times. Good kill.

Mohamed should be cleared and awarded a medal for answering her call.

You anti-cop people make me sick. Blue lives matter.
    "They have given you nothing, I will give you everything. I will give you what you’ve been looking for for 50 years. I’m the only one."- Republican Messiah

16. Sponsored Links

17. Likes Native Sun liked this post
    My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Native Sun View Post

Yeah I'm waiting to see if it'll get moved like mine did, the main thread on this story. I actually gave reason as to why it should stay in the politics section.
    And there is still nothing political about the shooting.

Was the cop politically motivated?
    Was the gal calling 911 politically motivated?

You could say ANYTHING that happens to a foreign citizen in this country generates publicity and excitement in their home country. Still doesn't mean it belongs in Politics.
    sigline.jpg
    DISPATCHERS SAVE SECONDS.................SECONDS SAVE LIVES

19. Sponsored Links