Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Default Australian woman shot dead by MN police after calling to report possible crime

Wife to be called Minneaopolis PD to report a possible assault. When officers arrived, she wound up being shot and killed. Body cams were off.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/17...ble-crime.html

I'm sharing in Politics because she was an Australian national and this is apparently national news over there and will undoubtedly damage our relations. Aussies are known to have extremely strict gun laws. I'm sure we'll be hearing from their government soon.
    Last edited by Native Sun; July 17th, 2017 at 9:24 am.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by westaussie View Post
    I never said I was and I quote YOU "an intellectual know-it-all". I will reiterate I am far better placed to know than ye.
    "Than ye"?

And you expect us to believe that you don't believe yourself to be an intellectual.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Irate
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Not sure if anyone is still following this or not
    but here is an update

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/06...ans-death.html
    You can have a hundred buddies but you will only ever have a couple damn good friends

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Araxas View Post
    Not sure if anyone is still following this or not
    but here is an update

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/06...ans-death.html
    Pretty standard.

Doesn't mean there will or won't be anything there of note, just that they've looked to see if there was anything.

This about the equivalent of cops doing a search warrant and noting that they opened a kitchen drawer. Of course they did but it doesn't mean there will or won't be anything there.

Now if they come back with some sort of finding showing that Officer Noor had red flags in his psych profile there will be problems but its more likely they'll just find a typical psych screen with nothing of note. He's too new to have the psych screen of a 20 year vet who is burned out and hates the world (oh wait thats my psych screen).

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Pretty standard.

Doesn't mean there will or won't be anything there of note, just that they've looked to see if there was anything.

This about the equivalent of cops doing a search warrant and noting that they opened a kitchen drawer. Of course they did but it doesn't mean there will or won't be anything there.

Now if they come back with some sort of finding showing that Officer Noor had red flags in his psych profile there will be problems but its more likely they'll just find a typical psych screen with nothing of note. He's too new to have the psych screen of a 20 year vet who is burned out and hates the world (oh wait thats my psych screen).
    Sounds like simple "due diligence" to me.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Phlegmatic
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Take a couple of minutes ... tell us everything you know.
    You sure it'll take 2 whole minutes? Wow, reading the last couple of pages was a real eye opener. I don't get people that go to foreign websites and put other countries down. They must really be in need of a life.

When someone starts putting down Reagan I start to understand where they are coming from. No doubt in my mind that he will go down in the top 5 best presidents in history, maybe even the top 3.

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Phlegmatic
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I and others have gone on at length about the issues with cameras.

Leaving all kinds of privacy and ability to review videos for accuracy in report writing aside, the technology isn't there for always on body cams. A body cam and a cell phone are of similar size and use the same exact kind of battery technology. If a battery existed that could operate a cell phone for 10-12 hrs on video record mode without being recharged existed don't you think the battery and cell phone companies would be all over it. Other than exploding Samsungs, battery life is the #1 complaint about cell phones. A company that developed a battery that would last would make all the money.

There is also storage space. My top of the line body cam got to 65% full last night in just three hours of recording. I had seven hours to go and it wouldn't have lasted another two in always on.

Dash cams can be always recording if you want simply because they run off the car battery which is constantly being recharged by the alternator. Obviously not an option for a body cam. The hard drive is also much bigger than the flash memory a body cam has to use in order to be of a wearable size.
    Not to mention the fact that all the video would have picked up in this case would've been the dash.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Irate
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

The BCA has finished up with the investigation

here is a link to it

http://www.kare11.com/news/bca-compl...next/473991866
    You can have a hundred buddies but you will only ever have a couple damn good friends

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

The BCA has finished up with the investigation

here is a link to it

http://www.kare11.com/news/bca-compl...next/473991866
    Thanks for the update, hadn't seen anything on the news about this since July. I can't believe he's actually still on the job but I can't even see where he was suspended much less fired. It appears the department chose to take no action at all until the criminal investigation was complete which seems odd at best.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Thanks for the update, hadn't seen anything on the news about this since July. I can't believe he's actually still on the job but I can't even see where he was suspended much less fired. It appears the department chose to take no action at all until the criminal investigation was complete which seems odd at best.
    If he is on the job, I hope he is riding a desk. He sure as hell does not belong on patrol.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Phlegmatic
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

If it was a white cop and black victim it would've been on the news nonstop.

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmaker View Post
    If it was a white cop and black victim it would've been on the news nonstop.
    The international aspect kept it in the news far longer than it would have been otherwise.

I guess he hasn't been fired yet simply due to a lack of outcry from those on the left.
    THE DEFICIT

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    If he is on the job, I hope he is riding a desk. He sure as hell does not belong on patrol.
    He must be I can't find anything showing he's been canned or even put on supension.

Amazing.
    THE DEFICIT

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Irate
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

He must be I can't find anything showing he's been canned or even put on supension.

Amazing.
    Last I heard he was still on paid leave.
    I have not seen anything stating otherwise here on the local news websites or tv.
    even the paid leave I can not be 100 percent sure of either

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Last I heard he was still on paid leave.
    I have not seen anything stating otherwise here on the local news websites or tv.
    even the paid leave I can not be 100 percent sure of either
    The silence is deafening. Maybe we'll learn more when the DA makes his/her decision?

I can't see anyway the shooting team could in any way justify the shooting even if it wasn't a crime (which will be hard to believe) and I can't imagine anyone ever trusting him as a partner after such an irresponsible act.
    THE DEFICIT

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Irate
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

The silence is deafening. Maybe we'll learn more when the DA makes his/her decision?

I can't see anyway the shooting team could in any way justify the shooting even if it wasn't a crime (which will be hard to believe) and I can't imagine anyone ever trusting him as a partner after such an irresponsible act.
    It seems they might be trying to get the County Attorney dismissed..We shall see how that turns out
    or at least that is how it seems to me..

Lt. Bob Kroll, the head of the Minneapolis police union, said Tuesday that he doesn’t think Freeman can be impartial in the case.
    “It would seem Mr. Freeman has already formed an opinion of Officer Noor’s guilt prior to receiving any evidence,” Kroll told WCCO-TV. “At this point he should be conflicted out from reviewing the case.”
    Some activists, including Minneapolis mayoral candidate Nekima Levy-Pounds, said via social media that Freeman’s expression of sympathy for a white victim of police violence is evidence of “a double standard” when compared to the November 2015 Minneapolis police shooting death of Jamar Clark.

32. Sponsored Links