Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 668
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Posts
    3,598
    Rep Power
    5
    Post Like Stats

    Default Australian woman shot dead by MN police after calling to report possible crime

    Wife to be called Minneaopolis PD to report a possible assault. When officers arrived, she wound up being shot and killed. Body cams were off.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/17...ble-crime.html

    I'm sharing in Politics because she was an Australian national and this is apparently national news over there and will undoubtedly damage our relations. Aussies are known to have extremely strict gun laws. I'm sure we'll be hearing from their government soon.
    Last edited by Native Sun; July 17th, 2017 at 9:24 am.
    No one is asking you to apologize for your ancestors. We're asking you to dismantle the system they created, that you maintain and benefit from.

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    14
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Wow that's not good.

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbo
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Posts
    41,818
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    29
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    I just read about that. Why were the body cams off? There are a lot of questions here and the mayor says she'll find out the answers. We'll see.......

    The victim was a veterinarian who came from Australia and began teaching Yoga and meditation. She sounds dangerous.
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Posts
    3,598
    Rep Power
    5
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    The cop that shot Damond (maiden name Ruszcyk) was reportedly in the passenger's seat of the squadcar. Damond was on the driver's side in her PJs. We're in deep ****. Something tells me the wheels of justice will move swiftly on this case.


    "Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene."
    http://www.startribune.com/woman-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-in-south-minneapolis/434782213/#1
    Last edited by Native Sun; July 17th, 2017 at 9:38 am.
    No one is asking you to apologize for your ancestors. We're asking you to dismantle the system they created, that you maintain and benefit from.

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Posts
    10,971
    Rep Power
    11
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Cops should never turn off their body cams. If they do, suspension without pay.
    I don't stand by anything - Donald trump

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,639
    Rep Power
    17
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Yeah, turning off the body cams was a big error. Nothing screams "suspicious" like turning off a major source of transparency. I don't think this is going to bode well for the officers involved.
    Hurricane Donald is now a Category 5. Please take all proper safety measures.

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CA
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ideology
    Tea Party Conservative
    Posts
    13,638
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    11
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Tragedy.
    Must have been a freak accident.
    Prayers for the family and all involved.
    Support our FLAG, Military, Police, Fire fighters, 1st responders, St. Jude and Shriner's.
    Democrats didn't only fall into their own trap they brought their own cheese.

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    6
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Native Sun View Post
    The cop that shot Damond (maiden name Ruszcyk) was reportedly in the passenger's seat of the squadcar. Damond was on the driver's side in her PJs. We're in deep ****. Something tells me the wheels of justice will move swiftly on this case.


    "Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene."
    http://www.startribune.com/woman-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-in-south-minneapolis/434782213/#1
    The picture of the victim told me this will
    Move swiftly. Sad to say this but it's gonna take a white woman being killed by protected/unaccountable LE before we see real police reform in this country. Maybe now some will open their eyes.

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Metro Atlanta GA
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sardonic
    Posts
    7,660
    Rep Power
    11
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpadeMarlowe View Post
    Tragedy.
    Must have been a freak accident.
    Prayers for the family and all involved.
    Freak accident????? He shot her through the opposite door and she was in her pjs.

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. Likes srbedgood liked this post
  20. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    6
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpadeMarlowe View Post
    Tragedy.
    Must have been a freak accident.
    Prayers for the family and all involved.
    Their is. No such thing as acidently shooting your duty weapon. The trigger does not pull itself. Now if you are saying this is an negligent discharge then way has that not be said.

    If a normal citizen is involved in a homicide and then refuses to talk about it with police until their cooling off periOd is done (yeah police have contracts that allow them to not give statements in use of force cases / shootings for sometimes 72 hours even in cases like this) normal citizens are atleast arrested not put on paid leave.

    This stinks but not much more than the police killing the black boy in Texas at the start of the summer or many years of the other incidents of police actions killing an innocent civilian.
    Last edited by Ceonupe; July 17th, 2017 at 10:10 am.

  21. Sponsored Links


  22. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    19,471
    Rep Power
    14
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GA_LP View Post
    Freak accident????? He shot her through the opposite door and she was in her pjs.
    Yeah that is not looking good for the officers. The police are getting excuted and police are shooting people in their pajamas. It's gotten insane thank you BLM.

  23. Sponsored Links


  24. Likes SpadeMarlowe liked this post
  25. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Posts
    2,193
    Rep Power
    11
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceonupe View Post
    The picture of the victim told me this will
    Move swiftly. Sad to say this but it's gonna take a white woman being killed by protected/unaccountable LE before we see real police reform in this country. Maybe now some will open their eyes.
    It's sad that I actually have to agree with you on this. Perhaps we should preemptively brainstorm some ideas for what she should have done differently.

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    6
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcatrun View Post
    Yeah that is not looking good for the officers. The police are getting excuted and police are shooting people in their pajamas. It's gotten insane thank you BLM.

    So it's BLM fault for bringing to light the many cases of police misconduct for the police misconduct?

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Posts
    3,598
    Rep Power
    5
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    I just read about that. Why were the body cams off? There are a lot of questions here and the mayor says she'll find out the answers. We'll see.......

    The victim was a veterinarian who came from Australia and began teaching Yoga and meditation. She sounds dangerous.
    I hear ya but unfortunately "we don't know all the facts" standard #BackTheBlue defense procedures mandate that I also note that she certainly wasn't an angel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypto View Post
    Cops should never turn off their body cams. If they do, suspension without pay.
    I know in Texas, a bill was signed that allows officers to turn off their bodycams during a stop if they determine it 'unnecessary'
    Last edited by Native Sun; July 17th, 2017 at 10:14 am.
    No one is asking you to apologize for your ancestors. We're asking you to dismantle the system they created, that you maintain and benefit from.

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in Amerexico
    Posts
    120,710
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Not enough information to say one way or the other. How about we wait for the investigation to be completed before we convict the cops of murder? Too much to ask?
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

  32. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •