Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Default Australian woman shot dead by MN police after calling to report possible crime

Wife to be called Minneaopolis PD to report a possible assault. When officers arrived, she wound up being shot and killed. Body cams were off.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/17...ble-crime.html

I'm sharing in Politics because she was an Australian national and this is apparently national news over there and will undoubtedly damage our relations. Aussies are known to have extremely strict gun laws. I'm sure we'll be hearing from their government soon.
    Last edited by Native Sun; July 17th, 2017 at 9:24 am.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

As to the case at hand.

Going on just the loose facts that are suggested: the passenger cop shooting across the driver cop to hit the woman through the door, I can't imagine this being anything other than a negligent discharge. Short of an active shooter at that window I can't imagine any cop purposely shooting across their partner like that which means it probably wasn't intentional. That in no way excuses the officer and if those basic facts as suggested are true and the woman was no active threat, which it doesn't sound like she was, he / she should be held accountable with an appropriate charge of negligent manslaughter (or the equivalent in Minnesota).
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; July 17th, 2017 at 12:03 pm.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Its not technologically possible to always have body cams on. Not to mention privacy issues for the officer while he / she is having personal conversations or using the restroom.

My dept after initially going cheap on body cams has wised up and bought top of the line ones. You don't get better than what we've got. Yet a battery cannot last a full 10 hr shift on record mode. Think about how long your smart phone will last in video record mode? 2 hrs maybe? 3 if you have a great battery? While I have yet to run mine dry I did go from 100% charge to about 30% charge the other night when I recorded four hours of video. If a 10 hr battery was feasible in a wearable size then it would also be feasible for a cell phone company and the battery makers would make all the money. The fact they haven't means its not yet possible.

So then that other night I got to the station to do reports. I dropped my body cam in the dock where it automatically downloads my videos to the server and recharges. I then went to to write reports. I had to clear for an emergency and in my haste forgot my body cam. Ended up on a call with an arrest and no body cam video. Cop haters would call this malicious and purposeful. I call it forgetting it wasn't on my chest until I got to the scene and then remembered I'd put in it the dock / charger.

Then there are the privacy issues. EVERYONE, cops included, will have personal conversations at work with co-workers and / or family members on the phone. These are private and should not be subjected to video. And then of course the boo boo I made the other night which goes right back to my point about privacy. I had arrested a woman and I was dutifully recording everything including the trip to the jail lest she make a false complaint about me pulling over and molesting her. Get to the jail, do the booking process, and then go to the bathroom. Totally forgot my body cam was running so the end of my arrest video is going to have a shot of me peeing in a toilet. Sigh! That was on accident but the "always on" crowd seems to want these urination videos since they demand always on.
    Thank you for the professional insight.
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

6. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Well the cop is darker complexion guy named Mohamed Noor so this will be wrapped up quickly. Expect arrest on negligent homicide before mid week.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Irate
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    Oh....the victim was black?
    No the victim was white
    the cop was black Officer Mohamed Noor
    Noor has two open complaints against him from 2017 and one from 2016.
    no idea what they are for as its not stated

Here is the link to where I got this info from

http://www.kare11.com/news/mpls-poli...fied/457339023
    You can have a hundred buddies but you will only ever have a couple damn good friends

10. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Ceonupe View Post
    Well the cop is darker complexion guy named Mohamed Noor so this will be wrapped up quickly. Expect arrest on negligent homicide before mid week.
    Yep.. his ass wont get off

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Quixotic
    Ideology
    Existential Nihilist
    Post Like Stats

As to the case at hand.

Going on just the loose facts that are suggested: the passenger cop shooting across the driver cop to hit the woman through the door, I can't imagine this being anything other than a negligent discharge. Short of an active shooter at that window I can't imagine any cop purposely shooting across their partner like that which means it probably wasn't intentional. That in no way excuses the officer and if those basic facts as suggested are true and the woman was no active threat, which it doesn't sound like she was, he / she should be held accountable with an appropriate charge of negligent manslaughter (or the equivalent in Minnesota).
    Yeah your explanation doesn't make any sense.
    "If it's beef, it's whatever, I ain't never been sweet/
    And in a battle I ain't never been beat, I'm in a race/
    To try to take Hova's place and you ain't better than Bleek."

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

As to the case at hand.

I suspect we don't have the whole story. Something stinks, and I'm not sure what to make of it. A trained officer doesn't accidentally shoot someone who is just standing there in her pj's. I'm a big supporter of LEO, and I believe they almost always do the right thing, but this case is just bizarre.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Gaetano "Tommy" Lucchese View Post
    Yeah your explanation doesn't make any sense.
    Internet smart guy who knows a hell of a lot more than the cops who deal with stuff every day. Check.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Quixotic
    Ideology
    Existential Nihilist
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
    Internet smart guy who knows a hell of a lot more than the cops who deal with stuff every day. Check.
    I've already got one poster with a weird stalker-y attachment to me, but thanks.

I'm just curious how one draws a gun in the passenger seat in a way that accidentally discharges through the driver' side door without hitting the driver. A fair question I think. A right handed cross-draw? Since when do uniforms wear cross-draw holsters? Was it sitting in his lap? If it was, why was his finger on the trigger? And why would it be out of his holster or why would he be drawing it in the car on a "see the lady" job?
    "If it's beef, it's whatever, I ain't never been sweet/
    And in a battle I ain't never been beat, I'm in a race/
    To try to take Hova's place and you ain't better than Bleek."

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog Dem View Post
    These cops will be convicted and black people will continue to be shot by cops
    No matter what the issue, it's always about skin color with people like you. The woman was white, yet you immediately turn it into a racist thing. So if she was black, it's racist, and she was white, so it's racist. No matter what, it's racist. Get a clue, human beings are human beings. There is a segment of society that still looks at skin color, but thankfully, that segment is a dying breed. You really should try, at least try, to take off your multi-colored glasses, and see people as people.

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Gaetano "Tommy" Lucchese View Post
    I've already got one poster with a weird stalker-y attachment to me, but thanks.

I'm just curious how one draws a gun in the passenger seat in a way that accidentally discharges through the driver' side door without hitting the driver. A fair question I think. A right handed cross-draw? Since when do uniforms wear cross-draw holsters? Was it sitting in his lap? If it was, why was his finger on the trigger? And why would it be out of his holster or why would he be drawing it in the car on a "see the lady" job?
    LOL, believe me, I certainly have no "stalkery" attachment to you, Tommy. Although I do think you are amusing, occasionally.

As for your other comments, well yeah, I had those same thoughts. I'm not sure why he would have his finger on the trigger, ready to shoot. Out of the holster, "maybe", as there was an unknown person approaching the car. But it's a long leap from taking the gun out of the holster, and actually shooting someone who was not showing herself to be a threat. I think it takes a major step to actually putting the finger on the trigger, aiming, and shooting. Like I said before, I don't think we have the whole story. Something seems to be missing.

24. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

No matter what the issue, it's always about skin color with people like you. The woman was white, yet you immediately turn it into a racist thing. So if she was black, it's racist, and she was white, so it's racist. No matter what, it's racist. Get a clue, human beings are human beings. There is a segment of society that still looks at skin color, but thankfully, that segment is a dying breed. You really should try, at least try, to take off your multi-colored glasses, and see people as people.
    Lololol you are a dolt if you think race wont be an issue. But hey look at all those cops who were convicted for shooting umarmed black folks

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Lololol you are a dolt if you think race wont be an issue. But hey look at all those cops who were convicted for shooting umarmed black folks
    Race is always an issue for you, which is really sad. Maybe one day you can look at people's hearts, and not their skin.

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Ceonupe View Post
    Of Somalian descent... aka black AND muslim?! Ooooooweeee!!! He's DONE. I don't expect any Go Fund Me/Back The Blue funds in his defense at all.

I suspect we don't have the whole story. Something stinks, and I'm not sure what to make of it. A trained officer doesn't accidentally shoot someone who is just standing there in her pj's. I'm a big supporter of LEO, and I believe they almost always do the right thing, but this case is just bizarre.
    Really??? Because just about a year ago, a legally armed man was shot and killed in this very same city and his girlfriend and child were both in the car... did that strike you as bizarre at all or was that different?

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Yep.. his ass wont get off
    Why....cuz he's black and the victim is white? Is it because he's Muslim? Is it because he's in the wrong? Why.....in your opinion?
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

32. Sponsored Links