Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Default Confidant of Pope Francis condemns some ‘evangelical fundamentalists’

A close confidant of*Pope Francis, writing Thursday in a Vatican-approved magazine, condemned the way some American evangelicals and their*Roman Catholic*supporters mix religion and politics, saying their worldview promotes division and hatred.

The Rev. Antonio Spadaro, editor of the influential Jesuit journal La Civilta Cattolica, said a shared desire for political influence between “evangelical fundamentalists” and some Catholics has inspired an “ecumenism of conflict” that demonizes opponents and promotes a “theocratic type of state.

Pretty hard not to diagram with what he is saying.

Spadaro specifically criticized the far-right Catholic American media organization ChurchMilitant.com. Spadaro said the media outlet framed the presidential election as a “spiritual war” and Trump’s ascent to the presidency as “a divine election.”

I was not aware of the above that is just some good old fashioned crazy there.

https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews...entalists/amp/
    Proverbs 30:8Remove untruth and lies far from me.
    Give me neither poverty nor riches.
    Just let me consume my portion of food

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DRS View Post
    You know what is funny how basically being a refugee was part of the early Christianity.

Jesus as an infant was one. He told his followers to flee persecution especially when the Romans were to come.
    Well in fairness Jesus was a legutimate refugee fleeing for his life. Herid was actually trying to kill him.

Today, months after the fighting in Northern Syria has ended, liars and con artists are coming from Southern Syria, Jordan, Indonesia, even Latin America, claiming to be refugees from war when in fact they are nothing more than lying leeches intent on enriching themselves by breaking the law and making things tougher for legitimate refugees.

If I faked an auto accident and demanded payment, I would be doing EXACTLY what those criminal migrants are doing.

NOTHING about Christianity requires us to pull our pants down and believe every two-bit lying con artist.

Maybe we should poke around the Bible and see what it says about people who con others and tell lies for profit.

4. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well in fairness Jesus was a legutimate refugee fleeing for his life. Herid was actually trying to kill him.

Today, months after the fighting in Northern Syria has ended, liars and con artists are coming from Southern Syria, Jordan, Indonesia, even Latin America, claiming to be refugees from war when in fact they are nothing more than lying leeches intent on enriching themselves by breaking the law and making things tougher for legitimate refugees.

If I faked an auto accident and demanded payment, I would be doing EXACTLY what those criminal migrants are doing.

NOTHING about Christianity requires us to pull our pants down and believe every two-bit lying con artist.

Maybe we should poke around the Bible and see what it says about people who con others and tell lies for profit.
    Jesus did comment that anyone who does not enter a sheepfold through the gate, but climbs over elsewhere is a thief and a liar.

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

The day people are held accountable for lying for profit many media members and policians are going to be in trouble.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

The day people are held accountable for lying for profit many media members and policians are going to be in trouble.
    Well that may be true. These so-called refugees are not even calked refigees by the Euromedia, which calls them "migrants."

They are charlatans and con artists, harming the poorest of the poor, harming actusl victims of torture and oppression, because they want money.

If Jesus ever encountered such charlatans, I doubt he would have stuck his finger in the aur and said "Persia and Asia Minor are rich countries, and therefore their governments should adopt policies to enrich these lying criminals."

In fact I can't recall a single passage in which he declared what governments should adopt what policies.

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Most of the si-calked refugees do not come from northern Syria, nor even Syria, nor any country at war, nor are they being oppressed in their homelands.

They enter through Turkey, where there is peace and where they are not oppressed.

Then go to Greece, where there is peace and where they are not oppressed.

Then to the Balkans or Italy, where the wages aren't high enough, then seek to go to Germany, France, the US, the UK, or Australia.

In fact many of them come from relatively well-off families. That is why they feel they can afford to move.

If they are being bombed or oppressed or otherwise made refugees whilst in Greece ir Turkey, perhaps we should go to war with Greece or Turkey

According to the UNHCR
    those registering for aid ir regugee status of any sort (a fraction of the total) co e from
    http://www.refugeecouncil.org.au/get...-top-ten-2014/

1 Syria 3,865,720 of which 79,00 requested asylum and 17,000 are legit refugees
    2 Afghanistan 2,593,368 of which 65,000 requested asylum and 0 are legit refugees
    3 Somalia 1,106,068 of which 49,000 sought asylum and 0 are legit refugees

and so on with
    4 Sudan
    5 South Sudan
    6 Dem. Rep. of the Congo
    7 Burma
    8 Central African Rep.
    9 Iraq
    10 Eritrea
    and dozens more.

The list extends to include latin Amerucan countries, and countries that are popular tourust destinations, basically every country where illegal immigrants cone from, has people sneaking into rich countries because the doors were open whike Aleppi was being bombed.

The bombing ended months ago.

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Well that may be true. These so-called refugees are not even calked refigees by the Euromedia, which calls them "migrants."

They are charlatans and con artists, harming the poorest of the poor, harming actusl victims of torture and oppression, because they want money.

If Jesus ever encountered such charlatans, I doubt he would have stuck his finger in the aur and said "Persia and Asia Minor are rich countries, and therefore their governments should adopt policies to enrich these lying criminals."

In fact I can't recall a single passage in which he declared what governments should adopt what policies.
    What of all those folks coming through UN refugee camps?

Actually in the bible there was time when servants were directed to a certain country or God had someone set up to provide refuge in a country.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

What of all those folks coming through UN refugee camps?

Actually in the bible there was time when servants were directed to a certain country or God had someone set up to provide refuge in a country.
    Well the UN itself sats they are nit refugees, not from northern Syria, not from Syria at all.

The fighting in Aleppo (nirthern Syria) ended months ago. Some relatively well off guy from far away, scraoes together some cash, travels to Syria, then Turkey, then Greece, then the Balkans, then says "Help! I am being persecuted where I am. Please let ne go to America."

Nobody, not the UN, nit the Euromedia, nobody aware of the situation says that man is anything but a lying con man trying to steal a job in a wealthy country.

Now, compare that to Jesus family fleeing to ONE, country, while Herod eas skaughtering thousands, in an attempt to slay Jesus. Oh, as soon as the slaughter was done, Jesus' family returned.

No attempt was made to lie and deceive, no attempt was made to move six countries away and steal a job in a rich country.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Well the UN itself sats they are nit refugees, not from northern Syria, not from Syria at all.

The fighting in Aleppo (nirthern Syria) ended months ago. Some relatively well off guy from far away, scraoes together some cash, travels to Syria, then Turkey, then Greece, then the Balkans, then says "Help! I am being persecuted where I am. Please let ne go to America."

Nobody, not the UN, nit the Euromedia, nobody aware of the situation says that man is anything but a lying con man trying to steal a job in a wealthy country.

Now, compare that to Jesus family fleeing to ONE, country, while Herod eas skaughtering thousands, in an attempt to slay Jesus. Oh, as soon as the slaughter was done, Jesus' family returned.

No attempt was made to lie and deceive, no attempt was made to move six countries away and steal a job in a rich country.
    So you are judging all refugees by one man.

Yes when it was safe to return Jesus and his family went back. Something I have seen refugees do also.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

The demonization of political opponents has not happened with Trump supporters are you trying to be funny. Hatred of Democrats is what many have given as the justification for voting Trump. Hannity a Catholic has been demonizing the Clintons and Democrats in general for years.
    First of all not all Democrats are Clinton's (and not all Republicans are Nixon's). William Clinton was a serial rapist. Hillary Clinton threw her subordinate in the state department under the bus in order that her friend would have inside information for his floating hospital system in a potentially war torn country. That's not assigning anyone as demonic, that's pointing out the facts of the case.

The government decides someone's fate the moment that they interfere with procedures that could change that fate. Should we just stop treating cancel patients because of the patient's "imperfect nature" (Oh wait that's the Complete Lives System, I wonder if Pope Francis would approve of Ezekiel Emanuel. Would he approve of George Bernard Shaw's comment of course he was a Protestant.)

You must all know half a dozen people at least who are no use in this world, who are more trouble than they are worth. Just put them there and say Sir, or Madam, now will you be kind enough to justify your existence? If you can't justify your existence, if you're not pulling your weight in the social boat, if you're not producing as much as you consume or perhaps a little more, then, clearly, we cannot use the organizations of our society for the purpose of keeping you alive, because your life does not benefit us and it can't be of very much use to yourself.”
    People should not be demonized as they are not demons. Their ideas and their positions are rightly suitable to such things, especially if it is clear that they come from the devil.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    Roll on over in the politics forum and watch for just a few minutes. I would be willing to save the trouble and copy and paste in here if you wish.
    I would rather not. Too many angry liberals with chips on their shoulders. Besides, last time I checked, Pope Francis doesn't follow the politics forum, so I hold him to a higher standard.

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by tzor View Post
    First of all not all Democrats are Clinton's (and not all Republicans are Nixon's). William Clinton was a serial rapist. Hillary Clinton threw her subordinate in the state department under the bus in order that her friend would have inside information for his floating hospital system in a potentially war torn country. That's not assigning anyone as demonic, that's pointing out the facts of the case.

The government decides someone's fate the moment that they interfere with procedures that could change that fate. Should we just stop treating cancel patients because of the patient's "imperfect nature" (Oh wait that's the Complete Lives System, I wonder if Pope Francis would approve of Ezekiel Emanuel. Would he approve of George Bernard Shaw's comment of course he was a Protestant.)

People should not be demonized as they are not demons. Their ideas and their positions are rightly suitable to such things, especially if it is clear that they come from the devil.
    I am sure you can post investigation results instead of accusations.

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

I think more churches will see the dangers of getting involved with politics. The Southern Baptist Church is now trying to denounce the alt right and hate they are.

26. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Who listens to what the pope's confident has to say anyway.

Evangelicals are not one single monolithic group.

28. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Spadaro specifically criticized the far-right Catholic American media organization ChurchMilitant.com. Spadaro said the media outlet framed the presidential election as a “spiritual war” and Trump’s ascent to the presidency as “a divine election.”

Isn't every presidents ascension to the presidency "a devine election"?

Romans 13:1
    Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrown View Post

Isn't every presidents ascension to the presidency "a devine election"?

Romans 13:1
    Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
    No.

Paul is saying that it is okay, indeed expedient (and beneficial) to live as a law-abiding member of society. It is okay
    to stand when a judge enters a courtroom,
    when a head of state enters any room,
    to wear a hat, to boelw to a king,
    to eat goods that were sacrificed to false Gods (except when it would offend those who worship those false Gods),
    to pay a Roman tax, even though Roman coins had an engraved image of a false god,
    to wear a har,
    to tip a hat,
    to refuse to wear a hat.
    etc..

Paul was saying here on earth, with our governments, it is as if we are just kids playing house. It's okay to play the little game and follow the little rules because they don't realkt matter. No matter what rules the kids set up in their little game, in the end, Mom will call them to dinner, they will stop playing, wash their hands, and eat for real, by the real rules of the real house.

32. Sponsored Links