Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 187
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jersey joined 08/2002
    Posts
    10,511
    Blog Entries
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Kushner fails at ME diplomacy

    no sure what no discussion means as my previous thread was deleted.

    I was here to discuss the presidents hand picked advisor FAILING at ME diplomacy yesterday.

    He Failed as the Palestinians basically laughed at him as he repeated the Israelis demands.

    Better stay at what you are good at Jared.

    It sure aint Middle East Diplomacy.

    who knew that ME diplomacy could be so complicated.

    Allan

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,135
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    It is ridiculous that an empty suit like Jared is running this show.

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    US of A - God's Country
    Posts
    15,744
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
    so what are you going to present to the forum, that trump has been successful in bringing Mid East peace.
    Trump has been in office 1 year. He has 3 more years; possibly 7. When he leaves office we can judge his effectiveness.

    making Jerusalem the capital of Israel?
    Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. Trump had nothing to do with that. All he did was recognize that reality.


    that major damage to the peace process.
    You are reciting Trump-hating LW talking points.

    in other words that Fact is totally against the peace process.
    Another Trump-hating LW talking point.

    just another fact you are ignoring.

    Allan
    You haven't stated a single fact; but you sure can recite them LW talking points.
    Hillary 2020!

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,078
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    Trump has been in office 1 year. He has 3 more years; possibly 7. When he leaves office we can judge his effectiveness.



    Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. Trump had nothing to do with that. All he did was recognize that reality.



    You are reciting Trump-hating LW talking points.



    Another Trump-hating LW talking point.



    You haven't stated a single fact; but you sure can recite them LW talking points.
    I’ll never understand why you think labeling something as a “talking point” offers anything of substance to any discussion.

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #169
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    37,829
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    I’ll never understand why you think labeling something as a “talking point” offers anything of substance to any discussion.
    Because that is all it is. I listed the talking point headlines from the various news services in which they parroted the same theme.
    There has been no peace process. There is no path to peace or a two state solution. There hasn't been in 1948 or 1968 or 1998 and there was none from the last 13 Presidents.
    At some point, regurgating the same false premise becomes a stale talking point.

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    across your supply lines
    Posts
    41,206
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    CNN: “For Palestinians, Trump’s Jerusalem move is the end of the peace process.”

    Al Jazeera: “Israel-Palestine peace process rendered irrelevant.”

    CBS News: “What does Trump’s Jerusalem move mean for the peace process?”

    The Guardian: “Can the Middle East peace process survive Trump’s Jerusalem decision?”

    BBC: “US recognition of Jerusalem ‘kiss of death’ for peace process.”

    Time: “Palestinians Say Trump’s Jerusalem Move Ends US-Led Peace Process.”

    The peace process. The biggest joke of the Century.
    Yep. There can never be peace as long as the Palestinians define it as "all Jews dead". Maybe there will be actual peace only when the last surviving Palestinian blows himself up.

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,078
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    Because that is all it is. I listed the talking point headlines from the various news services in which they parroted the same theme.
    There has been no peace process. There is no path to peace or a two state solution. There hasn't been in 1948 or 1968 or 1998 and there was none from the last 13 Presidents.
    At some point, regurgating the same false premise becomes a stale talking point.
    It’s a non-response, intended to shut down conversation, not advance it.

    Although no one in power wants to admit it, I agree the peace process is dead. I disagree that there was no path. The process was sabotaged by extremists on both sides.

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    37,829
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    It’s a non-response, intended to shut down conversation, not advance it.

    Although no one in power wants to admit it, I agree the peace process is dead. I disagree that there was no path. The process was sabotaged by extremists on both sides.
    Turkey's strongman, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, may have exhibited all possible features of political Islam since he came to power fifteen years ago, but at least he has been bold and honest about his understanding of Islamism: There is no moderate Islam, he recently said again.

    This comment does not mark any U-turn, or a radical deviation from his earlier freshman-self back in the 2000s. The problem is that his Western "allies" have stubbornly preferred to turn a blind eye to his poster-child Islamism. Worse, they still do.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...moderate-islam

    It's not a few extremists. It is the fact that there is a deep hatred by Islam for the non believer.

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    It worked so much better when the empty pants suit was in charge. She fixed Yemen, Syria, Libya, Lebanon and Egypt. Only close to a million dead.
    Diplomacy in action.
    Best post of the thread!

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,078
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    Turkey's strongman, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, may have exhibited all possible features of political Islam since he came to power fifteen years ago, but at least he has been bold and honest about his understanding of Islamism: There is no moderate Islam, he recently said again.

    This comment does not mark any U-turn, or a radical deviation from his earlier freshman-self back in the 2000s. The problem is that his Western "allies" have stubbornly preferred to turn a blind eye to his poster-child Islamism. Worse, they still do.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...moderate-islam

    It's not a few extremists. It is the fact that there is a deep hatred by Islam for the non believer.
    Who said a few extremists? There's more than enough extremists to go around. One could hardly say that Israeli extremists haven't made their presence felt.

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,135
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    It worked so much better when the empty pants suit was in charge. She fixed Yemen, Syria, Libya, Lebanon and Egypt. Only close to a million dead.
    Diplomacy in action.

    A 36 year old dilettante who bought his way into Harvard, and who knows absolutely nothing about the delicate balance of the Middle East. Remember, he didn't study diplomacy or international relations. His qualification (in Trump's estimation) is that the Kushners were family friends with Netanyahu when Jared was a boy. 100% unqualified. EMPTY SUIT.
    Last edited by Munimula; December 7th, 2017 at 10:55 pm.

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #176
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    US of A - God's Country
    Posts
    15,744
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    I’ll never understand why you think labeling something as a “talking point” offers anything of substance to any discussion.
    Ironically, it is comical to watch MSM newspapers, LW news outlets, LW talking heads and LIB forum members reciting exactly the same LW talking points word for word. For fun, sometimes I like to issue a grade for accuracy.

    I can recite many of them myself from memory. Its laughable how predictable they are. Hell, I'm just going to go for it with a big ole belly laugh.
    Hillary 2020!

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    149,025
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
    Trump bashing. No.
    Trump who doesnt understand the complexities of ME diplomacy. Yes.

    you want a link?

    http://www.newsweek.com/kushner-trum...t-peace-628859

    com'n Peek, even you had to laugh at Trump proclamation.

    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...policy-realism

    "He manfully called for the destruction of terrorists, but he talked of them as if they were foreign invaders to be driven out of the swamp, not products of it. Like the man who only has a hammer and therefore thinks every problem is a nail, Trump believes that the Middle East’s problems can be solved with terrific “deals.”

    comn Peek "deals" in the Middle East.

    The only President who had any success was Jimmy Carter with his camp david accords.

    every other President has failed.

    Trump just another one.

    Allan
    "Manfully"? No bias there... .
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    149,025
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    I’ll never understand why you think labeling something as a “talking point” offers anything of substance to any discussion.
    Talking points add nothing of value to any discussion. We might as well be engaging parrots.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #179
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    149,025
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
    Trump bashing. No.
    Trump who doesnt understand the complexities of ME diplomacy. Yes.

    you want a link?

    http://www.newsweek.com/kushner-trum...t-peace-628859

    com'n Peek, even you had to laugh at Trump proclamation.

    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...policy-realism

    "He manfully called for the destruction of terrorists, but he talked of them as if they were foreign invaders to be driven out of the swamp, not products of it. Like the man who only has a hammer and therefore thinks every problem is a nail, Trump believes that the Middle East’s problems can be solved with terrific “deals.”

    comn Peek "deals" in the Middle East.

    The only President who had any success was Jimmy Carter with his camp david accords.

    every other President has failed.

    Trump just another one.

    Allan
    The "Camp David Accords" ? Really? What success was that exactly?
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #180
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    149,025
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munimula View Post
    A 36 year old dilettante who bought his way into Harvard, and who knows absolutely nothing about the delicate balance of the Middle East. Remember, he didn't study diplomacy or international relations. His qualification (in Trump's estimation) is that the Kushners were family friends with Netanyahu when Jared was a boy. 100% unqualified. EMPTY SUIT.
    And you voted for an empty pantsuit who made an absolute wreck of US foreign policy, North Africa, and the Middle East who had absolutely no qualifications to be either Secretary of State or POTUS.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  32. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •