Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 313
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,373
    Rep Power
    10
    Post Like Stats

    Default Removing Confederate Monuments. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

    I am so disgusted with liberals trying to erase history by removing confederate images. They are ignorant hypocrites.

    If you consider yourself pro-choice, then you are a modern day confederate. You think the same, you act the same, you debate the same. You are no different than those early Americans.

    I can't tell you how many times women have complained about men making laws concerning women's bodies. Now you understand how the South felt about the North voicing their opinions about slavery. It didn't concern those northern states. They had no business telling the southern states how to live their lives. Right?

    For every woman who wants to get out of labor, there was a white man who also wanted to get out of labor. Therefore, they dehumanized the vulnerable in order to get their way.

    No slave owner wanted to hurt their slaves anymore than a pro-choice person wants to kill a baby. But in both cases it happened.

    In both cases, it was all about empowerment, having control of their own lives, and succeeding in life. Their intentions had nothing to do with harming others.

    Both recall their histories of the days when they themselves were the victims, and how they rebelled, and succeeded and would never take no for an answer. They were both making progress in a fast forward mode, and didn't let anything get in their way.

    Women like to bring up horror stories of women dying due to botched illegal abortions. Men recalled the horror stories of starvation and freezing to death of the early settlers due to the fact that they needed help tending to their new land. Access to slavery could have saved many.

    If you have a problem with pro-life people, then you really would have had a problem with the Quakers and the abolitionists. They too, are cut from the same cloth.

    If you feel a woman's body is off limits to the government, then you would also feel that a man's personal property was also off limits to the government.

    If you want to understand how the confederates felt after the slaves were freed, just imagine about how the feminists would feel if abortion were outlawed.

    I could go on and on.

    Disclaimer: I am NOT comparing the physical body of a slave with that of a fetus. I am also NOT comparing the years of imprisonment with a procedure that is done in an afternoon.

    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Last edited by thomasereese; May 19th, 2017 at 11:52 am.

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    not here
    My Mood
    Mischievous
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Posts
    83,365
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    Might want to rephrase that Since at the End of the Civil war those People were considered Americans.
    And since we do HONOR the death of Americans in many public lands with memorials to them

    So what do you think about the
    Monuments to the confederate soldiers at Gettysburg?
    I dont need to rephrase anything..... nothing good about honoring people who killed americans.... especially since they were killing americans so they could own humans......

    The monuments to people killing americans is disgusting.....

    Do you want a monument honoring the hijackers at the 9/11 memorial? Should the holocaust memorials honor the nazis who died?

    Hey, most of the jews who died were german and so were most of the nazis.... why not have memorials that honor both? That is your argument.....
    this post is coming from inside your house.....

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    not here
    My Mood
    Mischievous
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Posts
    83,365
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolidge View Post
    Lol beckel just fired for racial slurs is a liberal.
    More than likely he was fired for not using the N word since that is commonly used at fox news.....
    this post is coming from inside your house.....

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Geeky
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    10,846
    Rep Power
    8
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaard View Post
    I dont need to rephrase anything..... nothing good about honoring people who killed americans.... especially since they were killing americans so they could own humans......

    The monuments to people killing americans is disgusting.....

    Do you want a monument honoring the hijackers at the 9/11 memorial? Should the holocaust memorials honor the nazis who died?

    Hey, most of the jews who died were german and so were most of the nazis.... why not have memorials that honor both? That is your argument.....

    Well thank you for you crap filled Rant.


    Please tell me what we should do about the Monuments to the Confederacy on the Gettysburg lands?

    Should we go and rip them all down because they honor the Killing of as you say "Americans"

    Edit:
    All WAR monuments are memorials to Killing people in one way or another.
    Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,035
    Rep Power
    10
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaard View Post
    I dont need to rephrase anything..... nothing good about honoring people who killed americans.... especially since they were killing americans so they could own humans......

    The monuments to people killing americans is disgusting.....

    Do you want a monument honoring the hijackers at the 9/11 memorial? Should the holocaust memorials honor the nazis who died?

    Hey, most of the jews who died were german and so were most of the nazis.... why not have memorials that honor both? That is your argument.....
    Well Said! We don't really need a daily reminder that the traitors lost (thank God). No need to honor them for ANYTHING! The folks who support them are being intellectually dishonest because the examples you cite are perfect. We don't honor other traitors, terrorists, or those who attacked and killed Americans. The Germans don't honor the German heritage of the Nazis. There are no statues of Hitler that I am aware of publicly displayed throughout Germany or Europe (except maybe in museums). I am sure to right wing nut jobs and slavery apologists, that is different though.

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Geeky
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    10,846
    Rep Power
    8
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwesterner View Post
    Well Said! We don't really need a daily reminder that the traitors lost (thank God). No need to honor them for ANYTHING! The folks who support them are being intellectually dishonest because the examples you cite are perfect. We don't honor other traitors, terrorists, or those who attacked and killed Americans. The Germans don't honor the German heritage of the Nazis. There are no statues of Hitler that I am aware of publicly displayed throughout Germany or Europe (except maybe in museums). I am sure to right wing nut jobs and slavery apologists, that is different though.

    So should we get rid of Gettysburg? And all the Memorials on that ground to confederate soldiers?
    What about Bunker HILL
    The American's at the time were considered Traitors to the Crown and we Killed British Soldiers.
    Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    17,514
    Rep Power
    13
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinGouki View Post
    It's weird for me. I have ancestors who were enslaved and I have two ancestors who fought for the Confederacy.

    In some ways I'm proud that they fought for Mississippi and the south. On the other hand, the cause they fought for was absolutely appalling.

    I don't want the monuments destroyed. I think they should be moved to museums where the proper historical context can be expressed to all southern people, black and white.
    I read a report that they are planning to move them to a museum somewhere.

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Geeky
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    10,846
    Rep Power
    8
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaard View Post
    I dont need to rephrase anything..... nothing good about honoring people who killed americans.... especially since they were killing americans so they could own humans......

    The monuments to people killing americans is disgusting.....

    Do you want a monument honoring the hijackers at the 9/11 memorial? Should the holocaust memorials honor the nazis who died?

    Hey, most of the jews who died were german and so were most of the nazis.... why not have memorials that honor both? That is your argument.....
    Yet we have a memorial for Benedict Arnold.
    Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    17,514
    Rep Power
    13
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
    The thing that's funny about this statement, "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it". This is okay when it comes to defending the confederacy. However, if me as an African American bitch whine and complain about slavery I'm told to get over it. We talk about slavery, the same way Jews talk about the Holocaust. Their motto is never forget. When it comes to me and those that look like me, we are told to forget and get over it, that was a long time ago. To top things off, there is an effort erase it or make less than it was.
    That's part of the reason for them to come down. It was SOP in the south for many decades to deny slavery was the cause of the war and to emphasize "state's rights" as the cause as if that could be separated from the only right people were willing to go to war over which was the right to own slaves.

    Enough time has passed that we can now correctly reflect on these monuments as championing leaders of the cause to preserve slavery.

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,592
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    18
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    Yet we have a memorial for Benedict Arnold.
    Is his name on it?

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Geeky
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    10,846
    Rep Power
    8
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaard View Post
    More than likely he was fired for not using the N word since that is commonly used at fox news.....
    Nope He made a Racist comment to another employee and Bob is not a Republican he is a Democrat and proud of it.
    Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    not here
    My Mood
    Mischievous
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Posts
    83,365
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    Yet we have a memorial for Benedict Arnold.
    Have you ever seen the memorial to benedict arnold?

    Obviously not...... once you do you will.understand how stupid your argument is.....
    this post is coming from inside your house.....

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. Likes bodecea liked this post
  26. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    not here
    My Mood
    Mischievous
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Posts
    83,365
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    Is his name on it?
    Actually it is.... check.it out sometime.... Washington honored him perfectly.....
    this post is coming from inside your house.....

  27. Sponsored Links


  28. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    26,177
    Rep Power
    17
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
    Bobby Lee. chief traitor used his West Point education against his country as a rebel.

    United States took his land (Arlington Cemetery), now we are taking down the last vestiges of the traitor.

    Traitors are treasonous slime who deserve only a foot upside the ass.

    I would lie to use a nice rock from the rubble of his former statue to wipe the dog**** from my shoes on it.

    Allan
    If traitors are treasonous slime do you honor our founding fathers? They all committed treason against the British Crown.

  29. Sponsored Links


  30. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    not here
    My Mood
    Mischievous
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Posts
    83,365
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    So should we get rid of Gettysburg? And all the Memorials on that ground to confederate soldiers?
    What about Bunker HILL
    The American's at the time were considered Traitors to the Crown and we Killed British Soldiers.
    Ummmm... there would be no monuments to americans if we lost the revolutionary war....... washington, jefferson and franklin would have footnoted as traitors in the history of the british empire......
    this post is coming from inside your house.....

  31. Sponsored Links


  32. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,592
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    18
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    Might want to rephrase that Since at the End of the Civil war those People were considered Americans.
    And since we do HONOR the death of Americans in many public lands with memorials to them

    So what do you think about the
    Monuments to the confederate soldiers at Gettysburg?
    There can be a reasonable argument made for a memorial at a battlefield.

    What is the reasonable argument for having a statue of Lee in New Orleans, a place where he never set foot.

  33. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •