Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Post Like Stats

Default Removing Confederate Monuments. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

I am so disgusted with liberals trying to erase history by removing confederate images. They are ignorant hypocrites.

If you consider yourself pro-choice, then you are a modern day confederate. You think the same, you act the same, you debate the same. You are no different than those early Americans.

I can't tell you how many times women have complained about men making laws concerning women's bodies. Now you understand how the South felt about the North voicing their opinions about slavery. It didn't concern those northern states. They had no business telling the southern states how to live their lives. Right?

For every woman who wants to get out of labor, there was a white man who also wanted to get out of labor. Therefore, they dehumanized the vulnerable in order to get their way.

No slave owner wanted to hurt their slaves anymore than a pro-choice person wants to kill a baby. But in both cases it happened.

In both cases, it was all about empowerment, having control of their own lives, and succeeding in life. Their intentions had nothing to do with harming others.

Both recall their histories of the days when they themselves were the victims, and how they rebelled, and succeeded and would never take no for an answer. They were both making progress in a fast forward mode, and didn't let anything get in their way.

Women like to bring up horror stories of women dying due to botched illegal abortions. Men recalled the horror stories of starvation and freezing to death of the early settlers due to the fact that they needed help tending to their new land. Access to slavery could have saved many.

If you have a problem with pro-life people, then you really would have had a problem with the Quakers and the abolitionists. They too, are cut from the same cloth.

If you feel a woman's body is off limits to the government, then you would also feel that a man's personal property was also off limits to the government.

If you want to understand how the confederates felt after the slaves were freed, just imagine about how the feminists would feel if abortion were outlawed.

I could go on and on.

Disclaimer: I am NOT comparing the physical body of a slave with that of a fetus. I am also NOT comparing the years of imprisonment with a procedure that is done in an afternoon.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Last edited by thomasereese; May 19th, 2017 at 11:52 am.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorance Breeds Contempt View Post
    No, the attempt is what makes one a traitor. The success or failure is immaterial.
    Yes, but we're not having this discussion if the rebellion was successful.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Calm
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Funkenstein View Post
    Yes, but we're not having this discussion if the rebellion was successful.
    Depends on whether we were part of the Union or the Confederacy.

6. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

A slave was a person perfectly capable of fending for him/herself but was kidnapped and sold to another person. In most cases so they could be beaten, whipped and broken like farm animals.

A fetus is created inside a woman and requires that woman to nourish them until they are born.

I can see how you can conflate the two.
    Both are true statements. Both a fetus and a slave are human beings too. Both were dehumanized for the benefits of the so called owner.

I am not really trying to determine which of the two is more human than the other. They are both human.

But if I were, here is a test for you and any other human today that wants to take it:

Were you ever a slave? Yes or No.
    Were you ever a fetus? Yes or No.

Again, if you consider yourself pro-choice, then you are the same as a confederate.

8. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

A slave was a person perfectly capable of fending for him/herself but was kidnapped and sold to another person. In most cases so they could be beaten, whipped and broken like farm animals.

A fetus is created inside a woman and requires that woman to nourish them until they are born.

Clearly you are using the "dependency" of a slave and a fetus as your criteria for determining which one you consider to be more human.

This proves my point. Thank you.

Thomas Jefferson's views on slavery: He believed most former slaves couldnít survive independently. He also feared for his own economic survival....

This is an example of TWO excuses used for the acceptance of slavery and the acceptance of abortion. 1.) The dependency of the person in question. 2.) The financial hardships of the owner/mother.

Again, I am not trying to make a competition of whose excuse is better. The point is that each of you had excuses to support your cause. You may not like theirs, and they may not have liked yours. I personally don't like either.

Thank you for an excellent example to prove my point that both arguments are almost identical.

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by thomasereese View Post
    Both are true statements. Both a fetus and a slave are human beings too. Both were dehumanized for the benefits of the so called owner.

I am not really trying to determine which of the two is more human than the other. They are both human.

<snip>
    They are both forms of human beings. A fetus, however, does not become a person until it has left the womb. That is the vital difference. And why it's entirely disgusting that you'd compare them to a slave.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

They are both forms of human beings. A fetus, however, does not become a person until it has left the womb. That is the vital difference. And why it's entirely disgusting that you'd compare them to a slave.
    Again, you are using your own criteria for determining what makes a person a person. If you are asking people to accept your reasons, then you should at least accept their reasons for why dark skinned people were slaves. Skin color, presumed lack of intelligence, dependency, etc.

I don't like your lame reasons and I don't like theirs. I guess the pro-life people and the abolitionists should just mind their own business.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by thomasereese View Post
    Again, you are using your own criteria for determining what makes a person a person. If you are asking people to accept your reasons, then you should at least accept their reasons for why dark skinned people were slaves. Skin color, presumed lack of intelligence, dependency, etc.

I don't like your lame reasons and I don't like theirs. I guess the pro-life people and the abolitionists should just mind their own business.
    You keep saying that you're not actually comparing fetuses to slaves, but you keep comparing fetuses to slaves. Until you can get past that, I can no longer discuss this with you.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Irritated
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

To the Victors go the spoils. Knock them down. You dont see any staues of Hitler or Ho Chi Min.

Nazi Flag Confederate Flag...Same thing
    Last edited by Remus; June 1st, 2017 at 4:19 pm.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Defiant
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

The same lame libs that want Confederate monuments removed are the same lame libs that condone or commit assault towards those who disagree with the Blue Church Dogma.

Inside they are everything they project hate toward.
    Remember, remember, the 4th of November.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JohnManatee View Post
    The same lame libs that want Confederate monuments removed are the same lame libs that condone or commit assault towards those who disagree with the Blue Church Dogma.

Inside they are everything they project hate toward.
    Well, that's random.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Defiant
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    Well, that's random.
    Welcome to the internet.
    Remember, remember, the 4th of November.

24. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

You keep saying that you're not actually comparing fetuses to slaves, but you keep comparing fetuses to slaves. Until you can get past that, I can no longer discuss this with you.
    No, I am not. I was clear about that in the original post. I am comparing the similar arguments in support of both.
    I am comparing the debates of "why a slave is NOT equal to a white person" with "why a fetus is NOT equal to an infant."
    I don't know how much more clear I can be. If you can't or won't comprehend this, then it probably is best that you not respond.

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Mischievous
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    Well, that's random.
    Did you know wrong is spelled wrong in the dictionary.....
    this post is coming from inside your house.....

28. Sponsored Links