Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Default The King of Spoiled Brats Wants More Money from Rich Daddy

In 2011 David Dawes won the lottery to the tune of $178 million dollars. He gave his son $1.8 million as a generous gift. The son quit his job and went on an all out spending spree. Soon after, all the money was gone. His father helped him again and gave him another $800,000.00 to bail him out of additional debts he incurred. At the same time, he told his son.....this is it. The son wasted that money and went back for more but dada said no. The son then took him to court and sued his own father. The judge saw right through this matter and threw the case out.

I just thought this to be an interesting story and wanted to share it. Do you think the dad was wrong in not providing his son with more? Do you think the son was wrong? What are your thoughts on this whole matter?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...t5R&ocid=ientp
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Nobody was "wrong." The outcome was predictable. When people get windfall money, the universe will only allow them to keep what they're used to having. Often that number is zero.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Calm
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Son is owed nothing at all. Dad & stepmom never told him to quit his job & don't have to support him until the end of time. Son needs to get off his arse & find another job & leave his father alone.

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

The kid is stupid.

$1.8 million... take half of it, invest in income properties of some sort and you can be set.

Kid is stupid.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    In 2011 David Dawes won the lottery to the tune of $178 million dollars. He gave his son $1.8 million as a generous gift. The son quit his job and went on an all out spending spree. Soon after, all the money was gone. His father helped him again and gave him another $800,000.00 to bail him out of additional debts he incurred. At the same time, he told his son.....this is it. The son wasted that money and went back for more but dada said no. The son then took him to court and sued his own father. The judge saw right through this matter and threw the case out.

I just thought this to be an interesting story and wanted to share it. Do you think the dad was wrong in not providing his son with more? Do you think the son was wrong? What are your thoughts on this whole matter?

My thought is that the ingrate son is a typical liberal.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    Nobody was "wrong." The outcome was predictable. When people get windfall money, the universe will only allow them to keep what they're used to having. Often that number is zero.
    That's ridiculous.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    My thought is that the ingrate son is a typical liberal.
    Idiots who can't handle money come in all stripes.

14. Sponsored Links

15. Likes Sponge Bob liked this post
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    Idiots who can't handle money come in all stripes.
    True, but the question was "What are your thoughts on this whole matter?"

I gave my thoughts.

17. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post

The son was wrong. If he had been smart, he could live the rest of his life comfortably on 1.8 million. Dad was more than generous.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

19. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by perdidochas View Post
    The son was wrong. If he had been smart, he could live the rest of his life comfortably on 1.8 million. Dad was more than generous.

That's how I saw it too.

21. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    There's very little background regarding the parents but they probably didn't have much prior to winning the lottery either, just like their son. What is your prediction of their outcome?

23. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    The kid is stupid.

$1.8 million... take half of it, invest in income properties of some sort and you can be set.

Kid is stupid.
    I agree.

25. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob View Post
    Son is owed nothing at all. Dad & stepmom never told him to quit his job & don't have to support him until the end of time. Son needs to get off his arse & find another job & leave his father alone.

Again....I agree.

27. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ecstatic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

There were probably already issues with the family and the money is just an excuse.

However the son is definitely ungrateful and isn't owed an extra dollar. Heck he wasn't entitled to a dollar of the money in the first place.

Spurious lawsuit and the lawyer who took it is obvously a shyster as well.

I suppose it's easy for us to pontificate all the sensible things we would do with the money but if you have spent your whole life with very little I can understand how someone loses their reasoning skills and can easily blow through millions. Not that they wouldn't have anything to show for the money. They would have a lot of things but their only value is what someone else is willing to pay for them.

I recall reading somewhere that buying a multi million dollar is common place among lottery winners but they don't realize the not so cheap running costs. Plus they alway seem to run into tax issues.

And anyone who says the money wouldn't change them are lying. Your whole life would change. Your not going to keep living in that small 3 bedroom wed ranch, your not going to keep working for someone else and commuting to work every day, and your not goInt to kee drivIng that older car and ignoring the check engine light 😃😉

29. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

That is 2.6 million. How do you spend that much money that fast I wonder.

Maybe he needed more spankings as a kid

If i had 2.6 million i would keep working for now. I could invest 1 million of that wisely and live off the interest/dividends.
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

31. Sponsored Links