Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Post Like Stats

Default The President and the Pope

What result would you like to see from the meeting between President Trump and Pope Francis?

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Koushi Shinigami View Post
    Keep it. Not interested.
    I would not advise it for you anyways miserable and or selfish people do not tend to like it.
    Proverbs 30:8Remove untruth and lies far from me.
    Give me neither poverty nor riches.
    Just let me consume my portion of food

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Jubilant
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    It is odd that there are not more conservative media outlets considering the money FOX is making.
    It's not very odd, considering that "conservatives" believe in big businesses burying the little guys because the big guys do business better. Survival of the fittest and all that. Same reason why "conservatives" think that the poor are shiftless bums who deserve their plight, and of course corporation = person.
    Quote Originally Posted by lwdc View Post
    I want Americans to have control of their money, and LET AMERICANS DECIDE if they want to pay for the bailouts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7426k View Post
    It's not America's money. It seems an unpleasant reality, but it's the facts.

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Jubilant
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

FOX is making so much money it just seems like someone would want a slice of that pie.
    They do. But Fox won't give it to them, because only the strong survive and of course businesses are entitled to every dollar they could possibly earn. Same for various countries: the Fox philosophy is that America deserves to bomb weak countries into rubble, and then have them rebuilt in America's image. After all, America is superior in every way to those backward third-world roaches, and when they're beaten into submission by the world's strongest military force, it's actually a blessing to them. They just don't know it. And they're ingrates. Just like the poor.
    I want Americans to have control of their money, and LET AMERICANS DECIDE if they want to pay for the bailouts

8. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DRS View Post
    I would not advise it for you anyways miserable and or selfish people do not tend to like it.
    "A 2007 poll conducted by Queens University in Kingston, Ont. found that, while public opinion had ticked up slightly, "a large majority of Canadians still believe that the system is unsustainable and urgently in need of substantive change." Most of the concerns had to do with long wait times and difficulty accessing care. The survey also found widespread support for increasing health care spending."

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Jubilant
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
    Are drug companies, lawyers, educators, and people in the medical fields looking at themselves and speaking out about what they can do? If so, I haven't heard them. All I have heard is that there is a big mess and people are calling for the federal government to bail them out of the mess they created. It's always nice to have the Federal government to blame when that which is not fixable lands in our laps.
    Yes! This is a mouthful, maybe more than you know. The Federal government, typically embodied by the President in the dumbed-down minds of the populace, is a scapegoat: "It's Obama's fault", "It's Trump's fault". The borrower is slave to the lender, and the Federal government is the borrower. The President is typically a puppet, as of his handlers/advisers/buyers. The real power is with those who pull the strings of government, who truly control the populace, and it is not populace itself. Witness the example in this thread of news stories that are selected to be published, or ignored; it is not the Federal government per se making those decisions, nor is it ordinary people: it is business!
    Last edited by lwdc; June 1st, 2017 at 4:54 pm.

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Jubilant
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
    when that which is not fixable lands in our laps.
    Again, yes! These problems are, at least, "not fixable" by the various methods that are presented to us, because the actual causes of these problems are more deeply, more systemically, embedded in the very fabric of our society such that they are invisible to almost everyone. None of the possible "solutions" proffered are real solutions. They are, at best, temporary makeshifts that give the masses the illusion that they are doing something permanent and effective, such voting for an R instead of a D or vice versa, as if that has a lasting effect in changing the course of "progress". It doesn't. The agenda is fixed, and while some policies can slow down or speed up its implementation, nothing short of revolution (or more precisely, counter-revolution), or the Second Coming, can substantially alter it.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Jubilant
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Even the term "health care crisis" is deceptive. There is no crisis in "health care". Our system of health care is fine: the care is advanced and effective. It's the payments, the money, that are the crisis.

There's no crisis in health care; there's a crisis in how to PAY for health care. It is a financial crisis (not "health care"), but the terminology makes it harder to identify the problem not as illness/injury, but by the sick greed of financiers who have rigged the system to line their own pockets while emptying the pockets of others.

"Health care crisis", lol!

16. Sponsored Links

17. Likes jwil59 liked this post
    My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's a fashion thing.
    Like a clique.

Wannabe fashion designers, wannabe hairdressers, wannabe reporters etc. tend to be liberal.

Guys who want to work with their hands, design stuff better than it is, make or do something useful or otherwise actually do stuff tend to be conservative.
    Nothing like assuming the truth of that you wish desperately to believe.
    • The unexamined life is not worth living.
    • Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
    • The arguments stay the same...only the sides making those arguments change.

19. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    The reason that the only person who knows about this is guvnah is because it didn't happen.
    I hear you friend.

Guv has always shot straight with me in the past, even when we disagree, so it's not an intentional lie or anything if he is not correct

Last edited by jwil59; June 1st, 2017 at 11:23 pm.
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

21. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

It's not very odd, considering that "conservatives" believe in big businesses burying the little guys because the big guys do business better. Survival of the fittest and all that. Same reason why "conservatives" think that the poor are shiftless bums who deserve their plight, and of course corporation = person.
    But when it benefits a corporation not to be a person they change. I hear you man, I really do. This disdain for poor people shown by right wing zealots is one thing that is driving me away. Having a disabled son my wife and i have almost decided that we have no place in the republican party since it has been taken over by these jerks who address the poor with such disdain and disrespect and downright hate. I draw satisfaction in knowing these people don't have even a small clue as to what reality really is. They plain and simply do not know any better.

― Jimmy Buffett

23. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

They do. But Fox won't give it to them, because only the strong survive and of course businesses are entitled to every dollar they could possibly earn. Same for various countries: the Fox philosophy is that America deserves to bomb weak countries into rubble, and then have them rebuilt in America's image. After all, America is superior in every way to those backward third-world roaches, and when they're beaten into submission by the world's strongest military force, it's actually a blessing to them. They just don't know it. And they're ingrates. Just like the poor.
    I hear you man. Again, these people are not hooked up with reality man. Not a clue as to how the real world works
    ― Jimmy Buffett

25. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

I hear you friend.

Guv has always shot straight with me in the past, even when we disagree, so it's an intentional lie or anything if he is not correct

That's pretty insulting to Guv.

27. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Koushi Shinigami View Post
    That's pretty insulting to Guv.
    Typo, thanks for calling that out. The first and second sentences were in conflict

― Jimmy Buffett

29. Sponsored Links