Thread: Rocksmith 2014

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Default Rocksmith 2014

Anyone play this?

It's like guitar hero,but with real guitar. I have played it at times.

I use a Ibanez

2. Sponsored Links
    My Mood
    Lazy
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Post Like Stats

No, not into video games at all, but I do play guitar and I also use Ibanez.
    Stevie Ray Vaughn is dead, and we can't get Jon Bon Jovi in a helicopter? - Dennis Leary

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Liberal Lackey
    Post Like Stats

Yes I have been playing it since 2012.

Never played a guitar before this and now have 3 guitars, amps, the whole bit. Have become a fairly decent guitarist.

I am usually really busy for the most part and this is a lot better than trying to find time for a tutor. I play nearly every day these days in the morning before I head to work and am planning on playing in front of a crowd this year with a buddy of mine who has a band.

Love this game.
    People will tell you anything but what they do is always the truth. P. J. O'Rourke

My Mood
    Joyously Loving Soul-Dancing
    Ideology
    Partisan Hack
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by therightside View Post
    No, not into video games at all, but I do play guitar and I also use Ibanez.
    ****, you can't be all bad then.

I'm down to 4 electrics and two of them are RG's, and I very much regret selling my S. I hate the "Ibanez is only fer shreddin'" reputation of the RG's, yeah, they're a pointy SuperStrat style guitar but they play so nice. I have an American made Strat and an SG and they almost never come off the wall, if the wife is around I'll pick up the Strat since it was a birthday present and she always looks happy when I play it, but it has just never felt as comfortable. I will admit I'm warming up to it the more I play though, even though I like the fatter sound of humbuckers. The SG is because I always wanted one when I was a kid, but they're so awkwardly balanced and Gibsons don't stay in tune for **** no matter what you do, no wonder they are pushing that automatic tuner tech so hard.

For my money, $500-750 spent on an Ibanez is equivalent to a $1500 Gibson. I've got a Wizard II neck and a few parts, waiting for my Dad to send me some wood for the body, as much as I slag on Gibson I'd still love to have an Explorer bodied guitar but I am going to take a stab at building a guitar, or at least routering the body out and slapping on a neck I like....lol.

Amp wise, I'm all about Fender, got rid of all the pedals and tubes though and am using a Mustang IV, great tones and enough power to rip your nuts off. I'm not gigging although the few times I have it had plenty of grunt to cut through.

I've messed around with Rocksmith, seems like I do better if I just pick a song I want to learn and then watch a Youtube video with tabs.

6. Sponsored Links
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

One thing i wonder is why Rocksmith doesn't have DLC by Nightwish,Dokken or such. I know about Custom DLC,but most of it is bad. One time i used a CDLC, and it messed up the sound in rocksmith.

My Mood
    Lazy
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post

I'm down to 4 electrics and two of them are RG's, and I very much regret selling my S. I hate the "Ibanez is only fer shreddin'" reputation of the RG's, yeah, they're a pointy SuperStrat style guitar but they play so nice. I have an American made Strat and an SG and they almost never come off the wall, if the wife is around I'll pick up the Strat since it was a birthday present and she always looks happy when I play it, but it has just never felt as comfortable. I will admit I'm warming up to it the more I play though, even though I like the fatter sound of humbuckers. The SG is because I always wanted one when I was a kid, but they're so awkwardly balanced and Gibsons don't stay in tune for **** no matter what you do, no wonder they are pushing that automatic tuner tech so hard.

For my money, $500-750 spent on an Ibanez is equivalent to a $1500 Gibson. I've got a Wizard II neck and a few parts, waiting for my Dad to send me some wood for the body, as much as I slag on Gibson I'd still love to have an Explorer bodied guitar but I am going to take a stab at building a guitar, or at least routering the body out and slapping on a neck I like....lol.

Amp wise, I'm all about Fender, got rid of all the pedals and tubes though and am using a Mustang IV, great tones and enough power to rip your nuts off. I'm not gigging although the few times I have it had plenty of grunt to cut through.

I've messed around with Rocksmith, seems like I do better if I just pick a song I want to learn and then watch a Youtube video with tabs.
    The shred reputation of the RG, and even Ibanez in general is completely​ understandable, even though their versatility goes well beyond that. Until the late '80s, Ibanez was largely know more for making knock-offs. The introduction of the JEM and RG launched them into the stratosphere. Any shred hero those days was seen playing an Ibanez. Hell, even today when you see a player on YouTube with an Ibanez, you can bet good money you'll be seeing some tapping, sweeping, or alternate picking. My Ibanez guitars are an RG, a JEM, and a Universe. The Universe is interesting with the seventh string. Korn turned that guitar into a new-metal staple, but I like using is it on cleaner tones. You can be your own bass player. I always wanted an S, largely because of Frank Gambale.

I also have a Strat, but it's a cheap Squier. I'm surprised you don't like yours. I like a Strat for that Hendrix-"Wind Cries Mary" bell tone that I can't seem to get from a super Strat. Talking about humbuckers, I put DiMarzio Cruisers in mine, because I don't like the hum of a single coil. I believe they make ones hotter than Cruisers, which may interest you since you don't like the pickups in there now.

I also have a Telecaster. The main reason for that one at time was I wanted a fixed bridge to more easily facilitate alternate tunings. I also thought why not go completely different, so a Tele it was. I'm glad I did as it's a fantastic sounding guitar. It got treated to DiMarzio pickups, as well.

My amp is pictured in my avatar. It's a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18. I quite like these smaller lunch box tube amps they have now, as I no longer need the 100 Watt Marshall JCM900 I had in the '90s. Hell, these days my amp only comes off of the 1 Watt setting in jamming environments. And this amp takes pedals well. I have a wah, compressor and a couple of flavors of dirt in front of the amp and a delay and reverb in the FX loop.

And yes, YouTube is they way to go these days I'd you want to learn anything. Man, things were so different when I was growing up. I remember having a subscription to Guitar magazine which would include tablature for four songs. If they never transcribed a song you wanted, you had to learn it by ear. I still have (for some reason) Paul Gilbert and Scott Henderson REH instructional VHS tapes that I purchased in the late '80s for $49.99 each.
    Stevie Ray Vaughn is dead, and we can't get Jon Bon Jovi in a helicopter? - Dennis Leary

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

I notice most tabs on guitar sites are often not correct. Like i been on ultimate-guitar and most tabs seem wrong.

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post

Odd, I can beat on my SG all night long, bend the neck, bend the hell out of the strings, but I cannot put this thing out of tune.

It's a 1985, and has the thinnest neck I have ever seen on an SG, and I got it for $400 at a pawn shop in Seattle in 1991.

best money I ever spent, next to the $500 69 Camaro.

Sorry your SG is letting you down.

I am also trying to put my Blacktop Strat out of tune, but it has a locking Floyd, so it stays right in tune anyways.
    At the end of the Money, there is more Month.

11. Sponsored Links
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

I guess I am old school. I just put on a record or CD and learn it by ear. My video games don't have much to do with my music.
    At the end of the Money, there is more Month.

My Mood
    Lazy
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by GibsonSG View Post
    I guess I am old school. I just put on a record or CD and learn it by ear. My video games don't have much to do with my music.
    Quite a bit can be said about this method when it comes to developing your ear. Those not blessed with perfect pitch could stand to do a lot more of this, including myself. My problem is I get too lazy and the internet makes it too easy.

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't like politics
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by therightside View Post
    quite a bit can be said about this method when it comes to developing your ear. Those not blessed with perfect pitch could stand to do a lot more of this, including myself. My problem is i get too lazy and the internet makes it too easy.

I wonder if it is because of the internet,but seems many articles that are more than a few paragraphs seem to be tl;dr nowadays. I saw a contract that a news station released,but as soon as i noticed it's more than a few paragraphs,i exited out.