Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Capsaicin Crampy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Default So Now What Trumpsters: To Heck With Texas Too?

Eminent domain people.

"Texas landowners along the U.S.-Mexico border have begun receiving notices from the federal government saying that they’re coming to either buy, or take, parcels of land for Trump’s pointless border wall. According to the Texas Observer, landowners are receiving “Declarations of Taking” notices that offer a price for the piece that the government wants. If the landowners refuse that, then they may see those parts of their property taken via eminent domain."

http://addictinginfo.org/2017/03/15/...ir-land-taken/

But, it's not just that, it's environmental as well:

"But nature and time were on their side. Los Ebanos is squeezed into a bend in the Rio Grande, and lies entirely in the river’s floodplain. A treaty between the United States and Mexico forbids building any structures in the floodplain that could push floodwaters into surrounding communities."

https://www.texasobserver.org/texas-...nation-letter/

So what's it going to be Trumpsters?
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."-Bullet Tooth Tony

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianJudo View Post
    Sorry but most American are not going to work 40-50 hours a week of hard labor for 10,000 a year.
    to cut down on illegal labor you need to improve migrate labor making it easier for them to get in.
    "Most" doesn't even matter as those types of jobs don't make up a huge part of the US labor market. A full time employee making minimum wage will make 15,000.00/yr, not 10k. On top of that very few employers will keep such an employee on minimum wage any longer than it takes for them to learn the job if they are a decent and reliable employee.

Minimum wage is where people start, it's not a wage that anyone stays in unless the bare minimum is all they are capable of.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Irritated
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Now my friends Uncle is a large landowner in Laredo and not a Trumpian. He doesnt think the Feds are going to be very successful in the Wall endeavor. A lot of land ownership transcends national boundry lines and is in both countrys.

6. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorance Breeds Contempt View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, Trump supporters might wake up an realize the most effective southern border immigration deterrent is to dry up the jobs they are coming here for.
    It is a lot cheaper to prosecute employers of illegal immigrants than to build a wall.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

8. Sponsored Links

9. Likes Snagglepuss liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    "Most" doesn't even matter as those types of jobs don't make up a huge part of the US labor market. A full time employee making minimum wage will make 15,000.00/yr, not 10k. On top of that very few employers will keep such an employee on minimum wage any longer than it takes for them to learn the job if they are a decent and reliable employee.

Minimum wage is where people start, it's not a wage that anyone stays in unless the bare minimum is all they are capable of.
    wage stagnation isn't a thing in your America?
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we don’t actually end up any safer. Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

11. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by poorblackman View Post
    It is a lot cheaper to prosecute employers of illegal immigrants than to build a wall.
    And those prosecutions go no where as long as an employer can show that the illegals provided the required documents when hired.

We've got somewhere around 20 million illegals in the US so just how many employers do you think you're going to have to prosecute to put a dent in the population?

Providing fraudulent documents to Illegals is a many multiple millions of dollars industry that spans both sides of the border.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

13. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Irritated
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

You dont employ many people do you?

15. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianJudo View Post
    wage stagnation isn't a thing in your America?
    You've already been shown to be wrong so you're moving the goal posts again. This tactic gets really tiring.

Yes, real income is still not keeping up with inflation and yes, a big part of that is that illegals hold wages and benefits down but even at minimum wage if they're working full time that adds up to 15k a year, not 10k.

This is why many of us understand why they are such a drag on the economy along with the costs of providing services to them, ER Visits, and paying for the apprehension, trial and incarceration of illegals particularly the repeat offenders that keep coming back and offending again and again.
    THE DEFICIT

17. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Remus View Post
    You dont employ many people do you?
    I've employed hundreds of people over the years and I started out working some of the nastiest jobs you can imagine starting at the age of 12.
    THE DEFICIT

19. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Remus View Post
    Now my friends Uncle is a large landowner in Laredo and not a Trumpian. He doesnt think the Feds are going to be very successful in the Wall endeavor. A lot of land ownership transcends national boundry lines and is in both countrys.

21. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by poorblackman View Post
    It's also more cost effective to teach them English instead making every thing bilingual.

23. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Capsaicin Crampy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by humblepatriot View Post
    I meant because I called it a sentence earlier before correcting it to clause.
    No, I got what you meant; I teach college English. I'm just admitting to being an ass is all.

25. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Capsaicin Crampy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by humblepatriot View Post
    Then it needs to be challenged in court. They should be getting fair value. But the fact that it has to and can happen is undisputable, to me.
    I dispute the first of your last sentence.

27. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Capsaicin Crampy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

The Takings Clause.

".... nor be deprived of Life, Liberty, or Property without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation".

Establishing rules for the use of ED is exactly why this was written into the US Constitution.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fifth_amendment
    Agreed.

29. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Capsaicin Crampy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

No. "Takings" are done by virtually every gov't in the world, "Eminent Domain", is the process by which it is done in the US and under which our constitution requires due process and just compensation unlike most of the countries in the world in that era where your property could be seized by order of anyone representing the military or the monarch of the country in which you reside.

That sentence is to establish without question the right to property and that the state may not take it from us without due process and just compensation.
    My understanding is that the Fifth has to do with due process, a very small part of which has to do with personal property seizure and just compensation for that. People have argued that that last part applies to eminent domain.

31. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Capsaicin Crampy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Evilwestsidefan View Post
    It's also more cost effective to teach them English instead making every thing bilingual.
    You're conflating two separate things, however, bilingual teaching does not add any more economic burden and there is proof that doing so helps non-native speakers tremendously.

33. Sponsored Links