Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default Uh oh! LGBTQ Ratings Flop (Rejection by Americans of LGBTQ Propoganda)

The miniseries "When We Rise" (centralized on two gay men and other LGBTQ issues) featured on ABC which received abundant advertising during the Oscars has apparently flopped - it tanked from the first episode: From Deadline: "It was a noble effort, but viewers largely shunned it, with the opening two hours averaging a paltry 0.7 in 18-49 and 3 million viewers coming off the strong Bachelor lead-in." “When We Rise was the lowest-rated program on the Big 4 [CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX] and second lowest-rated overall last night, matching the CW’s Supergirl (0.7, even with last week). The CW’s Jane The Virgin (0.3) was off by a tenth

From Lifesitenews: "The homosexual magazine [The Advocate] was reduced to urging its readers to start watching When We Rise, as well as Oscar Best Picture-winning movie, Moonlight, which features a young “gay” black man “coming out” and a homosexual relationship. As Forbes reported, Moonlight “is among the lowest-grossing Oscar Best Picture winners ever.”

My comment on this is: I believe, that because God lives in all of us, God, graciously gives mankind a certain level of a sense of discernment - whether we are religious or non- religious. (Whether we accept this discernment or not, is up to us).

I believe that most humans can sense (even without religious teaching) that homosexuality is "not normal". It absolutely goes against nature - a nature that is visible to most. It goes against life itself in that it produces no offspring on its own. One normally senses "something is off here" - something "isn't right about this".

Final comment on this: "the propaganda doesn't seem to be working".
    Mother Teresa on abortion: "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Neoconservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Are you serious? Have you read the news on how bakers/photographers/florists have been put out of business because they were "forced" to become involved in gay wedding ceremonies? Grown men being allowed into girls restrooms? Catholic adoption agencies being forced to close down because they believe that a child should have a mother and a father - and I can go on and on......and you're talking about "how people should be free to live their life? Why not stay out of Christian bakers/photographers/florists lives? How about not denying an innocent child brought into these un-Godly unions - a father and a mother?
    You know what? If someone is going into a bakery to buy a wedding cake, that's what they're coming to buy. They're not paying for the "morality" judgment. If you run a bakery and you can't accept that, damn straight you should be out of business.... just like the ignorant SOB's from 50 years ago who refused to bake wedding cakes for interracial weddings.

As for this whole washroom fracas... if you're going in there to take a dump, take a freaking dump and then wash your hands and get out. What's the big deal? I mean, seriously, why the hell do you care who is the next stall? It's not like you're going to ask them to wipe for you, is it?

4. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    You think humans aren't influenced by pheromones?
    I've heard it said that if a perfume company could come up with a legitimate "pheromone" they would be instant millionaires. It doesn't exist.

No, human love is very very complex it is based on any number of factors of which I could write 200 pages on - one's relationship with one's parents, spiritual and religious aspects, human form (attractiveness), psychological factors, temperament - I could go on and on.
    Mother Teresa on abortion: "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

You know, it is interesting you bring this up, because, with all of this controversy, I took the time (about a week ago) to actually read the original book itself. There isn't even a character Gaston in this book, nor anywhere near any type of homosexual relationship. My conclusion: Disney has taken upon itself to alter and edit authorship of books for quite some time now.
    Well yeah. Disney has been re-writing fairy tales since they started making them into movies. It's sort of their thing.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Feisty
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

I've heard it said that if a perfume company could come up with a legitimate "pheromone" they would be instant millionaires. It doesn't exist.

No, human love is very very complex it is based on any number of factors of which I could write 200 pages on - one's relationship with one's parents, spiritual and religious aspects, human form (attractiveness), psychological factors, temperament - I could go on and on.
    Erh nobody said human love was as simple as just pheramones, its just one of many factors that influence it.
    its a fox! a bomber fox.... most sneaky of all foxes.... flies overhead without a care in the world then BOOM... fox skitters away

10. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestIndy View Post
    You are free to move to your choice of mideast countries where you won't be inundated with those nasty homos and their agenda. Of course being that you are in assume a Christian, you might get your head chopped off but then you really want have to worry about those flamers.
    Tyranny is tyranny. Ask the bakers who were forced to pay a $135,000 fine and others who were put out of business.

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelier View Post

As for this whole washroom fracas... if you're going in there to take a dump, take a freaking dump and then wash your hands and get out. What's the big deal? I mean, seriously, why the hell do you care who is the next stall? It's not like you're going to ask them to wipe for you, is it?
    Let me guess, you're not a father with a 5 year old daughter?

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

So, in other words, what you are stating is "since this poor author (Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve) - who had no say in someone else corrupting her work - and, in which, these U.S. laws which probably don't even pertain to her, (the author being born in Paris in the 1600's) - and in which she never had an opportunity to agree to - - it's basically tough breaks for you lady - "we can corrupt as many kids as we want with your work!" Is that it?
    Dramatic.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Feisty
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Tyranny is tyranny. Ask the bakers who were forced to pay a $135,000 fine and others who were put out of business.
    If you open your business to the public you kinda have to serve the public. Want to have exclusive business? Open another sort of business
    its a fox! a bomber fox.... most sneaky of all foxes.... flies overhead without a care in the world then BOOM... fox skitters away

18. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    Dramatic.
    Not really. It's how I would feel.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Bottom line is everything and everyone is trying to make Stardust gay... But "when we rise" didn't get very good ratings... So Stardust is still straight for now.
    "They have given you nothing, I will give you everything. I will give you what you’ve been looking for for 50 years. I’m the only one."- Republican Messiah

22. Sponsored Links

23. Likes LucyLou, Lima India Bravo, bodecea liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by pnafin View Post
    Bottom line is everything and everyone is trying to make Stardust gay... But "when we rise" didn't get very good ratings... So Stardust is still straight for now.
    Huh? Oooookkkkkk??????

25. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Feisty
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by pnafin View Post
    For now......

27. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

I've got to run. Will check in tomorrow.

29. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Procreation among animals is primarily brought about through pheromones (chemicals excreted during cycles in an animals life). It is not at all comparable or even similar to human love.

Further, to compare a human to an animal is degrading to homosexuals.
    Humans are animals. Apes to be specific.

But that's besides the point. You're the one that brought "nature" into the discussion and then turn around and complain when it's pointed out that homosexuality exists in nature and accuse the person pointing that out of comparing people to animals.

It's such a tired gambit.

31. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Observant
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzan View Post
    I have a lot of problems with the MSM, but there is nothing deviant about homosexuality, and have no problem with it being considered mainstream.
    Putting ketchup on fish sticks is deviant, homosexuality is not.

I don't define the norm for gender relationships.

33. Sponsored Links