Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default Uh oh! LGBTQ Ratings Flop (Rejection by Americans of LGBTQ Propoganda)

The miniseries "When We Rise" (centralized on two gay men and other LGBTQ issues) featured on ABC which received abundant advertising during the Oscars has apparently flopped - it tanked from the first episode: From Deadline: "It was a noble effort, but viewers largely shunned it, with the opening two hours averaging a paltry 0.7 in 18-49 and 3 million viewers coming off the strong Bachelor lead-in." “When We Rise was the lowest-rated program on the Big 4 [CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX] and second lowest-rated overall last night, matching the CW’s Supergirl (0.7, even with last week). The CW’s Jane The Virgin (0.3) was off by a tenth

From Lifesitenews: "The homosexual magazine [The Advocate] was reduced to urging its readers to start watching When We Rise, as well as Oscar Best Picture-winning movie, Moonlight, which features a young “gay” black man “coming out” and a homosexual relationship. As Forbes reported, Moonlight “is among the lowest-grossing Oscar Best Picture winners ever.”

My comment on this is: I believe, that because God lives in all of us, God, graciously gives mankind a certain level of a sense of discernment - whether we are religious or non- religious. (Whether we accept this discernment or not, is up to us).

I believe that most humans can sense (even without religious teaching) that homosexuality is "not normal". It absolutely goes against nature - a nature that is visible to most. It goes against life itself in that it produces no offspring on its own. One normally senses "something is off here" - something "isn't right about this".

Final comment on this: "the propaganda doesn't seem to be working".
    Mother Teresa on abortion: "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Feisty
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    The miniseries "When We Rise" (centralized on two gay men and other LGBTQ issues) featured on ABC which received abundant advertising during the Oscars has apparently flopped - it tanked from the first episode: From Deadline: "It was a noble effort, but viewers largely shunned it, with the opening two hours averaging a paltry 0.7 in 18-49 and 3 million viewers coming off the strong Bachelor lead-in." “When We Rise was the lowest-rated program on the Big 4 [CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX] and second lowest-rated overall last night, matching the CW’s Supergirl (0.7, even with last week). The CW’s Jane The Virgin (0.3) was off by a tenth

From Lifesitenews: "The homosexual magazine [The Advocate] was reduced to urging its readers to start watching When We Rise, as well as Oscar Best Picture-winning movie, Moonlight, which features a young “gay” black man “coming out” and a homosexual relationship. As Forbes reported, Moonlight “is among the lowest-grossing Oscar Best Picture winners ever.”

My comment on this is: I believe, that because God lives in all of us, God, graciously gives mankind a certain level of a sense of discernment - whether we are religious or non- religious. (Whether we accept this discernment or not, is up to us).

I believe that most humans can sense (even without religious teaching) that homosexuality is "not normal". It absolutely goes against nature - a nature that is visible to most. It goes against life itself in that it produces no offspring on its own. One normally senses "something is off here" - something "isn't right about this".

Final comment on this: "the propaganda doesn't seem to be working".
    Homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom and exists in nature so it is natural. It may not be the norm though.
    its a fox! a bomber fox.... most sneaky of all foxes.... flies overhead without a care in the world then BOOM... fox skitters away

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Observant
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

So, in other words, what you are stating is "since this poor author (Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve) - who had no say in someone else corrupting her work - and, in which, these U.S. laws which probably don't even pertain to her, (the author being born in Paris in the 1600's) - and in which she never had an opportunity to agree to - - it's basically tough breaks for you lady - "we can corrupt as many kids as we want with your work!" Is that it?
    Legally speaking.. yes it's exactly what I'm saying. Being as that she has returned back to dust, I highly doubt she cares.

I'm looking forward to 2043 when some brave studio can bring back Sauron as a "Flaming" eyeball, and I don't mean fire.

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

You know, I didn't see the movie (and don't really intend to). I have no clue even if your statement is correct. I highly doubt it. I read conservative Christian boards all the time, and there has been no mention of this.
    Maybe you should at least see it (either version) for the sake of an informed opinion?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

8. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelier View Post
    You know what I figure is "not normal"? Telling people how you think they should live their lives.
    Are you serious? Have you read the news on how bakers/photographers/florists have been put out of business because they were "forced" to become involved in gay wedding ceremonies? Grown men being allowed into girls restrooms? Catholic adoption agencies being forced to close down because they believe that a child should have a mother and a father - and I can go on and on......and you're talking about "how people should be free to live their life? Why not stay out of Christian bakers/photographers/florists lives? How about not denying an innocent child brought into these un-Godly unions - a father and a mother?
    Last edited by Stardust; March 20th, 2017 at 7:22 pm.
    Mother Teresa on abortion: "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Marxist
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WreckedParty View Post
    Homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom and exists in nature so it is natural. It may not be the norm though.
    Yeah, it's not like we're talking about dressing in costumes pretending to be animals.

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WreckedParty View Post
    Procreation among animals is primarily brought about through pheromones (chemicals excreted during cycles in an animals life). It is not at all comparable or even similar to human love.

Further, to compare a human to an animal is degrading to homosexuals.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Observant
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Just for the record my daughters mom took our 10 year old girl to see the new beauty. Strangely enough she didn't return home wanting to Bob her hair and buy a new wardrobe of wife beaters. It's almost as if she didn't notice.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Feisty
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Lesse.... of all the issues that Disney has portrayed (not endorsed but portrayed) ((war, genocide, family betrayal and murder, family dishonor and reclaimation of honor, ethnic hatred, war propaganda. Etc.)) THIS suddenly becomes so contentious?
    its a fox! a bomber fox.... most sneaky of all foxes.... flies overhead without a care in the world then BOOM... fox skitters away

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Observant
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Procreation among animals is primarily brought about through pheromones (chemicals excreted during cycles in an animals life). It is not at all comparable or even similar to human love.

A human is an animal, did you not take biology in school?

And love as you put it is simply another chemical reaction in the human brain.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

You think humans aren't influenced by pheromones?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Feisty
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Not really, were by definition animals and still in the ballpark of being apes.

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Apathetic
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

The "gay agenda" is embedded in politics nowadays - we see it everywhere - systems and false beliefs being imposed on us - politically and culturally.
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    The beauty that is the ugliness of the right. " They demand accountability for anger and divisiveness, while holding themselves entirely unaccountable for their anger and divisiveness"

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

I'm a woman. A conservative devout Christian woman. A conservative Christian woman who doesn't like the "gay agenda" weaseling in kid's motion pictures.

I noticed nobody here answered my initial question:

What if you wrote a story that was near and dear to your heart - you put your whole heart and soul into it. You could even very well be a devout Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. Then someone whom you've never met, don't even know, takes your painstaking work, and decides to "add in storyline" that was never intended by you to be added - and, in fact, this "added storyline" was to promote an outlandish agenda to "corrupt children". How would you feel? And my next question to you is - how is this even legal to do (Referring to the corruption of Beauty and the Beast)?
    I actually know a successful screenwriter. Here's how she describes it when I ask her.

If you have a near/dear story you've written and you want to get it published or made into a movie, nobody in the U.S. will steal it from you. That's essentially illegal (a tort) violation of copyright. Instead, the Publisher/Producer negotiates with you and you agree on terms and both parties sign a contract. Typically, a Publisher agrees to give you a portion of the proceeds from your book, and a Producer pays you a whopping fee to use your story. On their part, they reserve the right to edit your story in any way they see fit, so that they can sell more copies and make more money. If you don't agree to the contract and insist the story be printed/filmed as written, then the Publisher/Producer tells you to go pound sand and they pay somebody else a whopping fee to produce their story.

My Screenwriter friend tells me she was frustrated at many turns by how her Producer was editing dialogue. But she bit her lip, counted her $395K again, and rewrote as she was told.

It didn't turn out too bad. She got an Oscar nomination.
    Its still not bad enough, yet.

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Feisty
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestIndy View Post
    A human is an animal, did you not take biology is school?

And love as you put it is simply another chemical reaction in the human brain.
    Inbe4 brain fizz arguments REeeeeee!

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Observant
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

The "gay agenda" is embedded in politics nowadays - we see it everywhere - systems and false beliefs being imposed on us - politically and culturally.
    You are free to move to your choice of mideast countries where you won5 be inundated with those nasty homos and their agenda. Of course being that you are in assume a Christian, you might get your head chopped off but then you really want have to worry about those flamers.

32. Sponsored Links