Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default Uh oh! LGBTQ Ratings Flop (Rejection by Americans of LGBTQ Propoganda)

The miniseries "When We Rise" (centralized on two gay men and other LGBTQ issues) featured on ABC which received abundant advertising during the Oscars has apparently flopped - it tanked from the first episode: From Deadline: "It was a noble effort, but viewers largely shunned it, with the opening two hours averaging a paltry 0.7 in 18-49 and 3 million viewers coming off the strong Bachelor lead-in." “When We Rise was the lowest-rated program on the Big 4 [CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX] and second lowest-rated overall last night, matching the CW’s Supergirl (0.7, even with last week). The CW’s Jane The Virgin (0.3) was off by a tenth

From Lifesitenews: "The homosexual magazine [The Advocate] was reduced to urging its readers to start watching When We Rise, as well as Oscar Best Picture-winning movie, Moonlight, which features a young “gay” black man “coming out” and a homosexual relationship. As Forbes reported, Moonlight “is among the lowest-grossing Oscar Best Picture winners ever.”

My comment on this is: I believe, that because God lives in all of us, God, graciously gives mankind a certain level of a sense of discernment - whether we are religious or non- religious. (Whether we accept this discernment or not, is up to us).

I believe that most humans can sense (even without religious teaching) that homosexuality is "not normal". It absolutely goes against nature - a nature that is visible to most. It goes against life itself in that it produces no offspring on its own. One normally senses "something is off here" - something "isn't right about this".

Final comment on this: "the propaganda doesn't seem to be working".
    Mother Teresa on abortion: "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

on the other hand hand Beauty and the Beast had a box office of over 170$ million in one weekend sooo.....
    When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

— Robert Livingston, Flying The Aeronca.

4. Sponsored Links

5. Likes madasheck liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusptc View Post
    on the other hand hand Beauty and the Beast had a box office of over 170$ million in one weekend sooo.....
    Do you actually think that parents/kids went to see Beauty and the Beast to see one or two seconds of a "gay scene" (weasely put in by a gay producer with, "who knows what motives regarding children") which should have never have been put in there in the first place?

Secondly, I have a very serious question to ask here of any reader reading this: "what if you wrote a story that was near and dear to your heart - you put your whole heart and soul into it. You could even very well be a devout Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. Then someone whom you've never met, don't even know, takes your painstaking work, and decides to "add in storyline" that was never intended by you to be added - and, in fact, this "added storyline" was to promote an outlandish agenda to "corrupt children". How would you feel? And my next question to you is - how is this even legal to do?
    Last edited by Stardust; March 20th, 2017 at 5:06 pm.
    Mother Teresa on abortion: "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

7. Sponsored Links

8. Likes pennysworth liked this post
    My Mood
    Observant
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

the main stream media has a problem with homosexuality being deviant behavior so they are working tirelessly to make it, well, mainstream.

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingMan View Post
    the main stream media has a problem with homosexuality being deviant behavior so they are working tirelessly to make it, well, mainstream.
    A lot of people have a problem with viewing homosexual individuals as deviant.

12. Sponsored Links

13. Likes madasheck liked this post
    Ideology
    Popeyesque
    Post Like Stats

People not going out of their way to see a movie or a television show doesn't really say much about the topics they cover.

There were a trilogy of Atlas Shrugged movies made, with a total budget of roughly $35 million.

Much to Paul Ryan's disappointment, they made less than $9 million back total.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4975722/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Moonlight cost $1.5 million to make and has already brought in $25 million. Seems like a solid investment.
    "I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag" - Molly Ivins

15. Sponsored Links

16. Likes Reinaert, Hoss liked this post
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Existential Nihilist
    Post Like Stats

One show fails to get viewers, Americans reject The Gays?
    "This was your heart, this swarm of flies. This was once your mouth, this bowl of lies." - Leonard Cohen

18. Sponsored Links

Ideology
    Popeyesque
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingMan View Post
    And some people, like the Republican leadership of Congress and much of conservative talk radio, have tried to mainstream objectivism. Apparently that hasn't worked so well.
    "I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag" - Molly Ivins

20. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Do you actually think that parents/kids went to see Beauty and the Beast to see one or two seconds of a "gay scene" (weasely put in by a gay producer with, "who knows what motives regarding children") which should have never have been put in there in the first place?

Secondly, I have a very serious question to ask here of any reader reading this: "what if you wrote a story that was near and dear to your heart - you put your whole heart and soul into it. You could even very well be a devout Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. Then someone whom you've never met, don't even know, takes your painstaking work, and decides to "add in storyline" that was never intended by you to be added - and, in fact, this "added storyline" was to promote an outlandish agenda to "corrupt children". How would you feel? And my next question to you is - how is this even legal to do?
    of course not, but a fair amount of Buzz was created (both for and against) LeFou.
    as to the question of whether its legal? guess who owns the rights to Beauty and the Beast?
    When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

— Robert Livingston, Flying The Aeronca.

22. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    A lot of people have a problem with viewing homosexual individuals as deviant.
    Best response quote that I saw written regarding "When We Rise" (which is short, concise and to the point): "Because it's lame and unnatural."
    Last edited by Stardust; March 20th, 2017 at 5:18 pm.

24. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

The miniseries "When We Rise" (centralized on two gay men and other LGBTQ issues) featured on ABC which received abundant advertising during the Oscars has apparently flopped - it tanked from the first episode: From Deadline: "It was a noble effort, but viewers largely shunned it, with the opening two hours averaging a paltry 0.7 in 18-49 and 3 million viewers coming off the strong Bachelor lead-in." “When We Rise was the lowest-rated program on the Big 4 [CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX] and second lowest-rated overall last night, matching the CW’s Supergirl (0.7, even with last week). The CW’s Jane The Virgin (0.3) was off by a tenth

From Lifesitenews: "The homosexual magazine [The Advocate] was reduced to urging its readers to start watching When We Rise, as well as Oscar Best Picture-winning movie, Moonlight, which features a young “gay” black man “coming out” and a homosexual relationship. As Forbes reported, Moonlight “is among the lowest-grossing Oscar Best Picture winners ever.”

My comment on this is: I believe, that because God lives in all of us, God, graciously gives mankind a certain level of a sense of discernment - whether we are religious or non- religious. (Whether we accept this discernment or not, is up to us).

I believe that most humans can sense (even without religious teaching) that homosexuality is "not normal". It absolutely goes against nature - a nature that is visible to most. It goes against life itself in that it produces no offspring on its own. One normally senses "something is off here" - something "isn't right about this".

Maybe next they'll try a toe-sucker or bestiality show.

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

So when a show with all straight characters gets bad rattings it means America is rejecting straight people?
    "They have given you nothing, I will give you everything. I will give you what you’ve been looking for for 50 years. I’m the only one."- Republican Messiah

28. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Of course it's not "normal" in that only 3-5% of the population are homosexuals. Who cares about "normal"? And the idea that it "goes against nature" is simply a naturalistic fallacy. By that same argument, remaining single and celibate goes against nature. Are you gonna start criticizing Paul advocating remaining single in 1 Corinthians 7?

People are more and more accepting of homosexuals and that trend is going to continue. Stories like Blue Babies Pink (which I highly recommend to everyone! Brett is a fantastic story teller.) are changing the hearts and minds of Christians and I know that just gets your panties in a twist.

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

What evidence do you have that viewers shunned it because of the homosexuality focus as opposed to it not being very good?
    • The unexamined life is not worth living.
    • Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
    • The arguments stay the same...only the sides making those arguments change.

32. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by reinaert View Post
    one show fails to get viewers, americans reject the gays?
    qed, ************!

34. Sponsored Links