Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Ideology
    Popeyesque
    Post Like Stats

Default James Comey testifying on Russia and Trump's wiretapping claim

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-l...g-901978179990

Opening remarks are ongoing right now. Comey is set to begin testifying soon.
    "I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag" - Molly Ivins

2. Likes party-free liked this post
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

How could all of this get more fun?

4. Sponsored Links
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    Someone who was working in the Intel community under Obama. The Washington Post article makes it clear their sources - and they claim they have 9 sources - were people who were IN the community when Flynn made the calls. That was BEFORE the current administration took office.

M
    Well yeah, I would assume that it would be someone who'd been on the job longer than two months, I don't get the impression that Donald has replaced many of the people he can, never mind the ones he can't.

Post Like Stats

No it wasn't. The entire character of the conversations were leaked. That is why Flynn was fired - because he failed to disclose to Pence the true nature of the conversations that were revealed to the WaPo.

Furthermore, NO American caught up in a FISA sweep targeting foreign actors is supposed to be named. They have civil rights. That disclosure was also against the FISA laws.

M
    Here's the initial story that broke in the Washington Post. Perhaps you can show me where it discusses the "entire character" of the phone call.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.d804fc7c6d24

As for your second point, can you provide a link to these supposed "FISA laws"?
    You shouldn't believe things just because you want to.

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by theDoctorIsIn View Post
    Here's the initial story that broke in the Washington Post. Perhaps you can show me where it discusses the "entire character" of the phone call.

Roberts outlined the whole procedure in the hearing today. If an American person is picked up while they're monitoring a foreigner under a FISA warrant and their involvement isn't criminal or germane to any sort of intelligence gathering they're doing then they're "masked" and referred to as "person 1" or whatever. And there are only 20 people at NSA who have the authority to "unmask" that person if the information is disseminated to other agencies.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Sewell View Post

Thanks for that.
    Sorry..It's true!

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

The Obama administration and Clinton STONE-WALLED all the Benghazi investigations. That's why it took so many of them. We kept getting new bits and pieces of information by the persistence of the various committees. My sig was garnered ONLY by the very last committee, when they finally obtained some e-mails that had been held back, and it was the piece that proved finally that Clinton KNEW all along that it was NOT the video.

NO ONE is stone-walling this. No one has even accused anyone of stone-walling.
    Think about that for a minute. There WERE 8 investigations so that you could say "SEE...IT WASN'T THE VIDEO?" And you're whining about investigations where many senior trump advisors have been in contact with and have business dealings with the Russians and LIED ABOUT IT? We keep getting new bits and pieces. Surely, you want this investigation to be thorough. Don't you?
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

10. Likes Drawz liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Remus View Post
    Flynn was fired because he got caught...outed if you will. Like Manafort. Pence is no dummy. He knew what was going on. How Tillerson is pulling this off is beyond me other than he knows how to keep his mouth shut.
    He was fired because he lied to Pence. That was the only thing he was "caught" at. The President even said he had no problem with Flynn making the calls. He was EXPECTED to make such calls, as a matter of course. He was not expected to lie about them to Pence.

What does Tillerson have to do with any of it???

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1801

50 U.S. Code § 1801

There is NO QUESTION that a felony was committed. The only question is by whom.

M
    Did you even look at that? It's the Definitions section of the statute.
    Laughing on the bus playing games with the faces, She said the man in the gabardine suit was a spy
    I said be careful his bowtie is really a camera, I've gone to look for America

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by theDoctorIsIn View Post

Look here. These are the minimization sections of the law I originally cited:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1806

Look at a)

"No otherwise privileged communication obtained in accordance with, or in violation of, the provisions of this subchapter shall lose its privileged character. No information acquired from an electronic surveillance pursuant to this subchapter may be used or disclosed by Federal officers or employees except for lawful purposes."

Telling the WaPo is not a lawful purpose. It is AGAINST this law, in fact.

M
    Last edited by MarkyS; March 21st, 2017 at 2:10 am.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    Think about that for a minute. There WERE 8 investigations so that you could say "SEE...IT WASN'T THE VIDEO?" And you're whining about investigations where many senior trump advisors have been in contact with and have business dealings with the Russians and LIED ABOUT IT? We keep getting new bits and pieces. Surely, you want this investigation to be thorough. Don't you?
    There are NO bits and pieces in this investigation. Just suppositions and fake news. Ask Comey, Clapper, Nunes, Morrell and Brennan and others. To date, they have all said there is ZERO evidence of any collusion with the Russia and the Trump Campaign.

M

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Did you even look at that? It's the Definitions section of the statute.
    Go forward a few pages, or look at my post # 549 where I did.

M
    Last edited by MarkyS; March 21st, 2017 at 2:22 am.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    Roberts outlined the whole procedure in the hearing today. If an American person is picked up while they're monitoring a foreigner under a FISA warrant and their involvement isn't criminal or germane to any sort of intelligence gathering they're doing then they're "masked" and referred to as "person 1" or whatever. And there are only 20 people at NSA who have the authority to "unmask" that person if the information is disseminated to other agencies.
    Yes. It's called "minimization"

One or more of those 20 is in trouble.

M

My Mood
    Irritated
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Man you are simple Marky. Lying to Pence was a lie unto itself only because they needed a reason other... than the plan to remove sanctions on Russia imposed by Sec Clinton because Russia invaded the Ukraine. Pence already knew. There was no lie Tilly now... in bed with Russian oil to the hilt

My Mood
    Irritated
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Vlad has got be having some buyers remorse

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    Indeed. I am judgmental of—and prejudiced against—people who are passive aggressive, manipulative, and bullying gaslighters.

But the "projection" here is your own, particularly in the way you assume this has anything to do with being "progressive" or "conservative," or "liberal," or having a particular set of political convictions or policy preferences. Trump isn't awful because he's "on the right."

The repellent traits I am describing aretemperamental and personal, not political or partisan. Trump himself is a case in point: straddling the twin spheres of celebrity and American public life, the guy's been a high-profile, misogynistic, boorish, narcissistic charlatan and ******* for 30 years now. Had we been discussing him on hannity.com back in 2010 or earlier, there would have been a general consensus here about that, by the way.

There's nothing to "get": he is who is. I've long thought of him this way, even back when he claimed to be pro-choice and supported universal healthcare.

Being an ******* isn't primarily about political ideology. You realize that, right?

I've known plenty of insufferable and toxic people from all political persuasions. In fact, there's a (really) local politician who lives in my area. He ran for office a while back and I see him around socially on occasion. I share many of his political views, generally. But the guy's a toxic *******, and he'd be a manipulative, self-absorbed creep, even if he was a rock-ribbed "constitutional conservative," an Ayn Rand-loving libertarian or any other flavor of politics. Same goes for the President.
    Great. You go ahead and hate the guy because he seems somewhat crass to you, oh well. Nowhere do you define how he has nefarious intent in your response, though...he's just a meanie. Okay, that's fine, but this whole notion of Trump being an agent of evil at the bequest of Putin remains laughable just as much as believing Obama is a Kenyan Imam.
    TRUMP WON 2016