Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Ideology
    Popeyesque
    Post Like Stats

Default James Comey testifying on Russia and Trump's wiretapping claim

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-l...g-901978179990

Opening remarks are ongoing right now. Comey is set to begin testifying soon.
    "I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag" - Molly Ivins

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes party-free liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    The FBI can take up to four years to run their investigative course, if history is any indication.

The FBI investigates until they have exhausted their leads - even when their leads lead them to the conclusion that their targets are completely innocent. You CANNOT draw any conclusion based on the time they take to do their jobs.

What we KNOW is what they - and other Intel guys - have said: No evidence whatsoever, as of now - and they have been at it for almost 9 months.

M
    It's gonna be a long next few months for Trump. And his supporters.
    When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom, covfefe, covfefe.

5. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

The FBI can take up to four years to run their investigative course, if history is any indication.

The FBI investigates until they have exhausted their leads - even when their leads lead them to the conclusion that their targets are completely innocent. You CANNOT draw any conclusion based on the time they take to do their jobs.

What we KNOW is what they - and other Intel guys - have said: No evidence whatsoever, as of now - and they have been at it for almost 9 months.

M
    You guys weren't as forgiving in the 8 (9?) Benghazi investigations.

If they haven't exhausted their leads, how can they conclude what those leads will lead to?
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

7. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

According to Comey, Morrell, Clapper, Brennan, Nunez and others, there is ZERO evidence - circumstantial or otherwise - that anyone in the Trump campaign colluded with Russia. There is nothing but continued insistence and inuendo by Dems that there MUST be a connection. WHY???

We KNOW that Michael Flynn was indeed surveilled, whether directly or indirectly, so don't tell me there is zero evidence of the Intel community surveiling the Trump campaign. What we do not know is if he was the only one. Likely NOT. These guys have been looking into this for a year. They have been busy boys.

We also KNOW that someone committed a FELONY by releasing Flynn's name and that too needs to be investigated.

M
    Yup, they'll be looking into that along with their investigation into Donald's campaign and administration people's contacts with the Russians.

9. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by theDoctorIsIn View Post
    50 U.S. Code 1801 is a section that provides definitions of terms used in the rest of the subchapter. No "felonies" are outlined in 1801.

Would you care to try again?
    Combine it with this:

18 U.S. Code 798

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

That was signal intelligence - classified material - which was disseminated to the press. There is NO QUESTION that it was illegal to disclose the information and that it is a felony to do so.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

11. Sponsored Links

12. Likes Nebraska Football liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Combine it with this:

18 U.S. Code 798

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

That was signal intelligence - classified material - which was disseminated to the press. There is NO QUESTION that it was illegal to disclose the information and that it is a felony to do so.

M

Why would Flynn's name be "classified?"

That's the only information that was leaked, after all.
    You shouldn't believe things just because you want to.

14. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    Yup, they'll be looking into that along with their investigation into Donald's campaign and administration people's contacts with the Russians.
    Comey did NOT disclose that they will be looking into the release of the Flynn intelligence, because he was not allowed to do so by the DOJ, but he hinted that they knew it was a very serious crime.

We can only assume they are looking into it, and if they do it will end up being an Obama holdover or holdovers in the Intel community.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

16. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DoLoop View Post
    It's gonna be a long next few months for Trump. And his supporters.
    No it isn't. There is no THERE there.

Ultimately, it is going to be a huge disappointment for the left.

M

18. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

No it isn't. There is no THERE there.

Ultimately, it is going to be a huge disappointment for the left.

M

Keep that faith alive, brother. I can see that it's the only thing keeping you guys from falling apart completely.
    You shouldn't believe things just because you want to.

20. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    You guys weren't as forgiving in the 8 (9?) Benghazi investigations.

If they haven't exhausted their leads, how can they conclude what those leads will lead to?
    The Obama administration and Clinton STONE-WALLED all the Benghazi investigations. That's why it took so many of them. We kept getting new bits and pieces of information by the persistence of the various committees. My sig was garnered ONLY by the very last committee, when they finally obtained some e-mails that had been held back, and it was the piece that proved finally that Clinton KNEW all along that it was NOT the video.

NO ONE is stone-walling this. No one has even accused anyone of stone-walling.

M

22. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Keep that faith alive, brother. I can see that it's the only thing keeping you guys from falling apart completely.
    NONSENSE! We're having a great time. The administration is proceeding with keeping ALL of its promises!

M

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Comey did NOT disclose that they will be looking into the release of the Flynn intelligence, because he was not allowed to do so by the DOJ, but he hinted that they knew it was a very serious crime.

We can only assume they are looking into it, and if they do it will end up being an Obama holdover or holdovers in the Intel community.

M
    They both flat out said it was a very serious crime to leak classified information.

I'd say that's a safe assumption.

By "Obama holdover" do you mean someone appointed by Obama or someone who has been on the job since before Donald took office?

26. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Why would Flynn's name be "classified?"

That's the only information that was leaked, after all.
    No it wasn't. The entire character of the conversations were leaked. That is why Flynn was fired - because he failed to disclose to Pence the true nature of the conversations that were revealed to the WaPo.

Furthermore, NO American caught up in a FISA sweep targeting foreign actors is supposed to be named. They have civil rights. That disclosure was also against the FISA laws.

M
    Last edited by MarkyS; March 21st, 2017 at 1:30 am.

28. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    They both flat out said it was a very serious crime to leak classified information.

I'd say that's a safe assumption.

By "Obama holdover" do you mean someone appointed by Obama or someone who has been on the job since before Donald took office?
    Someone who was working in the Intel community under Obama. The Washington Post article makes it clear their sources - and they claim they have 9 sources - were people who were IN the community when Flynn made the calls. That was BEFORE the current administration took office.

M

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

NONSENSE! We're having a great time. The administration is proceeding with keeping ALL of its promises!

M

Thanks for that.

32. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Irritated
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

No it wasn't. The entire character of the conversations were leaked. That is why Flynn was fired - because he failed to disclose to Pence the true nature of the conversations that were revealed to the WaPo.

Furthermore, NO American caught up in a FISA sweep targeting foreign actors is supposed to be named. They have civil rights. That disclosure was also against the FISA laws.

M
    Flynn was fired because he got caught...outed if you will. Like Manafort. Pence is no dummy. He knew what was going on. How Tillerson is pulling this off is beyond me other than he knows how to keep his mouth shut.
    Theodore Roosevelt said that speaking out against criticism of the President "is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

34. Sponsored Links