Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Post Like Stats

Default Are non-whites doing better in countries that do not have "White Privilege"?

There have been a number of threads I have read over the past few years (here and other forums) discussing the notion of "White Privilege." For those who hold this view (I'm not looking to debate the notion here) you must also believe that this phenomenon has had and is continuing to have a negative impact on the lives of non-white people in America (if it is indeed a real phenomenon logically it must be having a negative impact on peoples lives). If that is the case, must it not also be the case that non-whites living in non-white countries must be better off than non-whites here? If I understand the phenomenon correctly it can not exist in countries in which there are not a significant majority of white people? Curious on others thoughts.

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    Nope.
    Of course. By Leftist logic Southwest Philly is a paradise and Amish country is hell on Earth.

4. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Mex View Post
    I heard some liberal blather on the news where they rustled a kid up to the microphone to cry how his parents were being deported to Mexico. I thought what a racist thing for that kid to say.

What a terrible fate that he might have to move to a place full of Mexicans. We sure wouldn't want him to have to put up with that.

The Left's immigration policy is "Invite in the entire world, forever, no questions asked."

6. Sponsored Links

7. Likes 4speed liked this post
    My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by consigliere View Post
    The Left's immigration policy is "Invite in the entire world, forever, no questions asked."
    It boils down to money.

The U.S. is viewed by the left as the world's cash cow and dumping ground for all it's problems. I just don't understand why we are expected to always take the subservient position with respect to illegals.
    Heating a house with electricity from a nuclear plant is like cutting butter with a chainsaw. - Amory Lovins
    Running a car on solar power is like cutting down a tree with a butter knife - Tex Mex

9. Sponsored Links

10. Likes consigliere, 4speed liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    Let's look at it this way then......under Trump's umbrella of learning, do you believe Barron will be respectful to women and have a successful marriage?
    Has that been an impediment to Trump's success? I thought we were talking about privilege.
    The point is, you can never be too greedy.

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

The usual suspects in this thread don't understand what white privilege is.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by consigliere View Post
    The Left screams at the top of its lungs that white people moving out of a neighborhood when nonwhites move in is the definition of evil, and that white people moving into inner city neighborhoods and fixing them up is the definition of evil. What makes this doubly frustrating is most of this crap about white privilege is spoken by snowflakes who carefully live in white neighborhoods, send their children to white schools, and stay far away from the ghetto they claim to care so much about.

Oh I think you make a great point here.

But that does not mean there are not problems to solve with poverty, race and class mobility in this country. Most everyone wants to be arms length away from the problem (regardless of how they feel about the problem) so as to not impact their own little world. It is indeed a rare and great person who get's on a plane and risks their lives to help people in other nations deal with huge crises (be it health or natural disaster).....I would argue though that recognizing there is an issue that needs to be addressed is a step ahead of believing everything is fine and there is nothing that needs fixing.....(and then making ones self feel better by saying..."People who think there is a problem are hypocrites"

So, do you think our country has an issue with poverty, class mobility and race?

16. Sponsored Links

17. Likes 4speed liked this post
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by phijw View Post
    Wat
    I'll reword it. How would one quantify the negative impact this particular phenomenon (i.e. White Privilege) is having on a person or a particular group of people? My thought was to compare non-whites here to non-whites in other countries that are not affected by this problem.

19. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Gaetano "Tommy" Lucchese View Post
    Wut
    I'll reword it. How would one quantify the negative impact this particular phenomenon (i.e. White Privilege) is having on a person or a particular group of people? My thought was to compare non-whites here to non-whites in other countries that are not affected by this problem.

21. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    You are correct - the drive and abilities of the individual play a significant role in determining how successful they are in life. That is why, despite white privilege, there are some whites who will not amount to much in this life, and there are some blacks who will achieve much. Individual ability and ambition are two factors among many in terms of how difficult that push to succeed is:

As a general rule, the children of the wealthy face fewer obstacles and have more resources in our society to succeed than the poor. That's class privilege.
    As a general rule, men face fewer obstacles in our society to succeed than women. That's gender privilege.
    And yes, as a general rule, whites face fewer obstacles to succeed in our society than minorities. That's white privilege.
    Privilege - A special right, immunity, or benefit granted to or enjoyed by an individual or group. The definition of privilege only truly applies to your point about wealth (although I would include fame as well). Regarding the rest of us all things being the same (i.e. socioeconomic status, stable family, etc.) the obstacles faced are going to be the essentially the same. That is unless you believe that widespread discrimination still exists in virtually every aspect of our country.

23. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Quixotic
    Ideology
    Existential Nihilist
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Keeper View Post
    The dominant ethnic group in any polyglot nation always has a social advantage. It's like being Serbian when there was a Yugoslavia. Or Great Russian in Russia. Or Arab in Libya or Tunisia. Or Han Chinese in China. Or. . .I could go on.
    "If it's beef, it's whatever, I ain't never been sweet/
    And in a battle I ain't never been beat, I'm in a race/
    To try to take Hova's place and you ain't better than Bleek."

25. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Keeper View Post
    Privilege - A special right, immunity, or benefit granted to or enjoyed by an individual or group. The definition of privilege only truly applies to your point about wealth (although I would include fame as well). Regarding the rest of us all things being the same (i.e. socioeconomic status, stable family, etc.) the obstacles faced are going to be the essentially the same. That is unless you believe that widespread discrimination still exists in virtually every aspect of our country.
    Horse **** - According to Urban Dictionary, horse **** is something worse than bull ****.

The bolded? That's horse ****.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. - Willy Wonka

27. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Native Sun View Post
    White Supremacy is a global phenomenon. We used to call it "Imperialism", "Colonialism", "Neocolonialism", and the like.
    White Supremacy is super powerful in Asia....
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we don’t actually end up any safer. Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

29. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Marxist
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samson Corwell View Post
    Oh, Jesus Christ. White supremacy afflicts India? China? Zimbabwe? Japan? Is the United Nations dominated by caucasians?
    All of those nations were dominated, colonized or militarily forced into one sided trade agreements by European nations. They elude European domination because they revolted.

31. Sponsored Links

Ideology
    Don't know
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Angra Mainyu View Post
    All of those nations were dominated, colonized or militarily forced into one sided trade agreements by European nations. They elude European domination because they revolted.
    And?

“Morality is…the doctrine of how we may make ourselves…worthy of happiness.” — Immanuel Kant
    You can ignore politics, but politics won't ignore you.

33. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Impish
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Native Sun View Post
    White Supremacy is a global phenomenon. We used to call it "Imperialism", "Colonialism", "Neocolonialism", and the like.
    I worked a few months in Tokyo right out of college and there were quiet a few clubs there that would either not let me in or give me the stare down because I was the only foreigner in the place. For that reason most of my co-workers and I would stay in the Roppongi district which is basically were the foreigners go lol. I wouldn't call it flat out racism but I definitely didn't feel my white privilege powers working for me there. Maybe if I would have stayed longer I would have found more gaijin friendly places to hangout, but the Japanese definitely hold tight to their culture.
    Last edited by 7Sins; March 21st, 2017 at 1:09 am.

35. Sponsored Links