Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 184
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Posts
    14,552
    Rep Power
    15
    Post Like Stats

    Default Trump's National Security Advisor position = a **** sandwich

    Admiral Robert Harward turned down the position because he said it was a **** sandwich.


    Do you guys think it's true?


    When he was campaigning (which he will be doing again in w days) he said that he knew more about ISIS than the US Generals.

    Now wouldn't that make National Security Advisor a cake job since Trump would be doing most of the work?
    Last edited by pnafin; February 16th, 2017 at 10:55 pm.
    "They have given you nothing, I will give you everything. I will give you what you’ve been looking for for 50 years. I’m the only one."- Republican Messiah

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Underground Bunker in the Mojave Desert
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    29,422
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    17
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pnafin View Post
    Admiral Robert Harward says there is a **** sandwich there now.
    When did he say that? The problem most emotionally driven progressives have is they believe in sensationalism and fake news. .
    Swimming through the cesspool of life. Just trying to get by. I want my free stuff.

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Female
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Posts
    6,632
    Rep Power
    7
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by humblepatriot View Post
    His family didn't want him to take the job. It would be a pay cut and he'd have to deal with BS attacks from a media that wants to destroy Trump and anything connected to him.
    .
    Sure. You tell yourself that.

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in Amerexico
    Posts
    117,618
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoleUK View Post
    Think that's going to be hard to find, as it's not likely to be made public. And most of the time the deputy takes over from the leaving NSA. KT, afaik, was Flynns pick.

    I'm going mostly by accounts like this, which suggest control over hiring/firing is expected to come with the job: http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/16/...y-advisor-job/

    In any other White House, Harward’s request to have a say over who served on his staff would have been routine, former officials said. But Trump and his aides have been deeply reluctant to delegate power to outsiders who have no ties to the president’s election campaign.
    Should be easy to show, go look for who was the deputy before and after a new guy was given the head job and see if they are the same person. In any case, Trump is under no obligation to follow usual practice. My wife is dealing with something similar right now in her job in management, a peer is telling her she has to let someone under her choose who she hires, that it is usual practice to let them have who they want, but she knows the person they are thinking of hiring is terrible and is intervening anyway.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in Amerexico
    Posts
    117,618
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
    would not you consult your NSA to see who he wants as deputy, and if it acceptable nomination who the person can work with.

    Allan
    That would depend on my management style, some managers delegate more, some less. See the above example of my wife.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,121
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    Should be easy to show, go look for who was the deputy before and after a new guy was given the head job and see if they are the same person. In any case, Trump is under no obligation to follow usual practice. My wife is dealing with something similar right now in her job in management, a peer is telling her she has to let someone under her choose who she hires, that it is usual practice to let them have who they want, but she knows the person they are thinking of hiring is terrible and is intervening anyway.
    That would assume the new NSA would want the deputy out which wouldn't surprise me if that were not always true.

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    17,378
    Rep Power
    15
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    it appears they do go at the same time or very shortly after or they move up into the NSA position.

    Rice took over in 2013. New deputy in office 2013.

    Donilon took over in 2010, New deputy in 2010.

    Jones took over in 2009 new deputy in 2009.

    Hadley took over in 2005 new deputy in 2005.

    Link to advisors:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Advisor_(United_States)

    Link to deputies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deputy...United_States)
    “this shows a commander who has lost his moral balance or watched too many Hollywood movies.” Gen Mattis on LTC(r) Alan West

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in Amerexico
    Posts
    117,618
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    That would assume the new NSA would want the deputy out which wouldn't surprise me if that were not always true.
    That would still leave the ones who did out there to find, unless none of them did.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in Amerexico
    Posts
    117,618
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr BloodMoney View Post
    it appears they do go at the same time or very shortly after or they move up into the NSA position.

    Rice took over in 2013. New deputy in office 2013.

    Donilon took over in 2010, New deputy in 2010.

    Jones took over in 2009 new deputy in 2009.

    Hadley took over in 2005 new deputy in 2005.

    Link to advisors:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Advisor_(United_States)

    Link to deputies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deputy...United_States)
    Ok thanks.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Underground Bunker in the Mojave Desert
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    29,422
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    17
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaetano "Tommy" Lucchese View Post
    Why does the name KT McFarland sound so familiar? And not from foreign policy or military stuff.
    You would not know what the military was Tommy. . Your foreign policy knowledge is influenced by Lame-stream media.
    Swimming through the cesspool of life. Just trying to get by. I want my free stuff.

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Age
    53
    Posts
    17,808
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    That is absolutely not the reason.

    You see...most of us read for ourselves.
    Until its something that praises conservatives or Trump. Then its the ole "la la la I can't hear you I've got my fingers in my ears" meme.
    I'm not afraid of the dark. It's what I see in the dark that scares me.

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK, Norwich.
    Gender
    Male
    Age
    33
    Posts
    33,629
    Rep Power
    18
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    Should be easy to show, go look for who was the deputy before and after a new guy was given the head job and see if they are the same person. In any case, Trump is under no obligation to follow usual practice. My wife is dealing with something similar right now in her job in management, a peer is telling her she has to let someone under her choose who she hires, that it is usual practice to let them have who they want, but she knows the person they are thinking of hiring is terrible and is intervening anyway.
    Yeah looks like I was wrong in that it's not immediately automatically expected to fire the previous deputy, if the new NSA thinks they're acceptable they stay on at least for some time.

    But it does look like hiring/firing control usually comes with the job, and I can see why people are going to refuse to go in there if they don't have control over their own staffing decisions.

    Micromanagement from up top can have it's benefits. Can also be a disaster.
    Last edited by MoleUK; February 17th, 2017 at 11:28 am.

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK, Norwich.
    Gender
    Male
    Age
    33
    Posts
    33,629
    Rep Power
    18
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr BloodMoney View Post
    it appears they do go at the same time or very shortly after or they move up into the NSA position.

    Rice took over in 2013. New deputy in office 2013.

    Donilon took over in 2010, New deputy in 2010.

    Jones took over in 2009 new deputy in 2009.

    Hadley took over in 2005 new deputy in 2005.

    Link to advisors:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Advisor_(United_States)

    Link to deputies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deputy...United_States)
    Rices guy retired I think. So it's definitely not an automatic rule, but having the WH tell you you're stuck with the deputy regardless isn't typical. But then neither is Bannons presence on the SC, and i'm guessing it's Bannon who is getting Trump to keep her.

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in Amerexico
    Posts
    117,618
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoleUK View Post
    Yeah looks like I was wrong in that it's not immediately automatically expected to fire the previous deputy, if the new NSA thinks they're acceptable they stay on at least for some time.

    But it does look like hiring/firing control usually comes with the job, and I can see why people are going to refuse to go in there if they don't have control over their own staffing decisions.

    Micromanagement from up top can have it's benefits. Can also be a disaster.
    I can only see this being a problem if he can't find someone qualified to take the job under that condition. I doubt that will happen.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK, Norwich.
    Gender
    Male
    Age
    33
    Posts
    33,629
    Rep Power
    18
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    I can only see this being a problem if he can't find someone qualified to take the job under that condition. I doubt that will happen.
    It will cut talent out of the pool, already has.

    Hopefully they can find someone good. If KT comes with the package, a lot is going to depend on what the potential NSA thinks of her capabilities.

    And if they can't bring their own staff with them at all, that's going to further cut down on talent. Flynn made many of the staffing decisions there I think, not just the Deputy. That's a lot of potential incompetents or disloyals to inherit.

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kissing Hank's ass
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Posts
    69,394
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoleUK View Post
    Rices guy retired I think. So it's definitely not an automatic rule, but having the WH tell you you're stuck with the deputy regardless isn't typical. But then neither is Bannons presence on the SC, and i'm guessing it's Bannon who is getting Trump to keep her.
    I'm guessing Trump had an affair with her and this is the price to keep her quiet.

  32. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •