Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Default Trump Press Conference

On now. Obviously being asked about the Flynn situation...

...and he's answering by ranting about Hillary's unfair advantage in the debates and bad news coverage.

This man is clearly a self obsessed raving lunatic who is not taking this job seriously.

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes Pam95650, boysmom4 liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    I've already seen some stories that show where he got the money that bailed him out of his last financial troubles, at a time when regular banks were completely unwilling to lend him anymore because he was not creditworthy.

The people he got the money from are not Boy Scouts, let me tell you. (Of course, the world of uber-wealthy real estate developers is full of "bad hombres", to steal a phrase).

Problem is, of course, having read these stories, there's just enough plausible deniability in them that Trump's rabid supporters won't believe it...or even if they do believe it, they won't care.

But those who are really interested can put Trump Kazakh money laundering into their search engine of choice and read for themselves and make their own decisions.

Additionally, there is the ongoing saga of Deutsche Bank v the Justice Department to watch. Once Trump gets all his people in place there, will the bank that has Trump on the hook for ~$300 M be under the same DoJ scrutiny they currently are, or will they be allowed to slide?
    You are correct. That you "have heard some stories" just wont do it. Did they come from an anonymous former official? Did it involve the State Department resigning in masse? Perhaps he removed a bust of George Washington? Did Bannon beat up on Kelly with a big stick? Did another Iraqi woman die because of the extra vetting? Were his cabinet members once members of the young fascists of America?

5. Sponsored Links

Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Semi-Sweet View Post
    You have a right to your beliefs.

I am a child of God.

I voted for a President.
    I don't need a religious leader.
    Nobody insinuated that the president should be the pope, we're stating that it is against Christian values to support things that are morally bankrupt. Most "christians" don't really follow the bible, heck, half of them haven't even read it... and that's fine I suppose...but somehow they remember their religion when it's time to attack their political opponents.

7. Sponsored Links

Ideology
    Popeyesque
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Milt Friedman Republican View Post
    Man I really try to hate Trump... I want to so bad..... But then he does something like this. The way he just sticks the medias nose in **** and makes them his bitch is amazing. This guy is speaking to the media the way every Republican SHOULD have been speaking to them for the last 25 years if they werent such cowards. Its just a shame it took Trump to do it

If there is only 1 good thing to come from Trump its that he is giving future Republicans the blue print to dealing with the P.C. crowd and the corrupt liberal media and that alone is worth all the bad that is Trump.

Ok... I can go back to disliking him now.
    Why are some of you people perfectly fine with just casually lying and constantly being shown to be ignorant on important subjects? Why is this the "blueprint"? It has nothing to do with solutions and everything to do with some faux sense of manliness or something.
    "I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag" - Molly Ivins

9. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post
    Yep-and we're approaching a month now with a GOP president and GOP congress and what have they done...
    Not been able to get the Trump cabinet approved due to "slow walking" by Democrats? Don't delay establishing the administration and then cry that nothing is being done.
    Of course, on the SC nomination process, a lot has been done. I hope that lessens some of your concerns.

11. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Camp View Post
    I am one of a handful here that has predicted good things from a Trump Presidency.

He has delivered on border security and that pleases me. Anything else is gravy...Delicious gravy.

Just what has he done for border security, exactly? As far as I can tell, bupkis.
    "You're going to have such great healthcare, at a tiny fraction of the cost - and it's going to be so easy." - Donald Trump, October 2016

13. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    Odd, I don't recall saying they were the only ones who believed it.
    Odd, I distinctly remember you using the phrase "Over 50% of democrats".

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Lets not forget the Supreme Court nominee. I will consider that delivering too in a major way...especially since the alternative would have been a Hillary nominee.
    And as the left gloated, when she won and the Dems controlled the Senate, it wasn't going to be someone as palatable as Obama selected.
    Major win for the country.
    And man, if someone like Ginsburg retires, the left is going to be in the wilderness for forty years.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

17. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by B Actor View Post
    Odd, I distinctly remember you using the phrase "Over 50% of democrats".
    Yep, I got the number a tad wrong, my over all point stands though.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

19. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sardonic
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

You are correct. That you "have heard some stories" just wont do it. Did they come from an anonymous former official? Did it involve the State Department resigning in masse? Perhaps he removed a bust of George Washington? Did Bannon beat up on Kelly with a big stick? Did another Iraqi woman die because of the extra vetting? Were his cabinet members once members of the young fascists of America?
    I didn't just "hear some stories". I read them with their supporting information.

And I showed you where to look, and already clued you in as to where in the reports you could retreat safely keep your cognitive dissonance at bay.

Because that's the kind of guy I am. I want you to feel safe.

• The unexamined life is not worth living.
    • Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
    • The arguments stay the same...only the sides making those arguments change.

21. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    my over all point stands though.
    which is?

23. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Just what has he done for border security, exactly? As far as I can tell, bupkis.
    The type of major action you are talking about can't be done by a pen and a phone. My guess is you wouldn't want it to be, any more than I agreed with Obamas single handed attempt to change immigration laws.
    Maybe when Democrats allow him to get all his people in place, some actual legislation will come through. That doesn't all happen overnight. Obama advised him that EO's were not the way to go for lasting change. A surprisingly good piece of advice, IMO. The next President goes in and they all go away at his will.

25. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post
    Oh look, a punt! Another Trump sycophant who can't respond to his dishonesty/incompetence with anything other than DURRR BUT HE WON!

I mean, hey, congrats, he won the election, and every day he proves that he neither the competence nor integrity to fulfill his duties as president. You can't even defend it-you just punt to the fact that he won.

I mean, getting the job doesn't mean he's good AT the job. Lots of people get hired for positions that they can not do-just because the person is hired doesn't mean they're going to do a good job, but you seem to want to use that logic.
    Winning an election is the easy part. Governing is the hard part.

27. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Semi-Sweet View Post
    Because of the Liberals double standard.

Liberals hold Republicans to a different standard.

Obama's biggest lies:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...s-biggest-lies

I don't derive my sense of right and wrong from what I consider the miss-deeds of others. I am not going to change my personal standard for politicians (of either stripe) because you choose to give Trump a pass on a blatant lie.

But if that is how you set your standards....Fill Yer Boots.

29. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DonDraper View Post
    Nobody insinuated that the president should be the pope, we're stating that it is against Christian values to support things that are morally bankrupt. Most "christians" don't really follow the bible, heck, half of them haven't even read it... and that's fine I suppose...but somehow they remember their religion when it's time to attack their political opponents.
    So true. I sit in church with crooks all the time. Hell, mafia bosses go to church.

31. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Not been able to get the Trump cabinet approved due to "slow walking" by Democrats? Don't delay establishing the administration and then cry that nothing is being done.
    Of course, on the SC nomination process, a lot has been done. I hope that lessens some of your concerns.
    You know there are two houses in congress, right? And you know that both houses aren't involved in the confirmation process, right?

So no, it doesn't. What you did was make excuses, like a good little soldier.

33. Sponsored Links