Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default Debate is over: Climate change not real

It's been a good debate but it appears the CEC has settled the discussion. The newly born appreciate the world being handed off to them. Thanks Grandma. Thanks Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters
    Trump administration tells EPA to cut climate page from website: sources

U.S. President Donald Trump's administration has instructed the Environmental Protection Agency to remove the climate change page from its website, two agency employees told Reuters, the latest move by the newly minted leadership to erase ex-President Barack Obama's climate change initiatives.

The employees were notified by EPA officials on Tuesday that the administration had instructed EPA's communications team to remove the website's climate change page, which contains links to scientific global warming research, as well as detailed data on emissions. The page could go down as early as Wednesday, the sources said.

"If the website goes dark, years of work we have done on climate change will disappear," one of the EPA staffers told Reuters, who added some employees were scrambling to save some of the information housed on the website, or convince the Trump administration to preserve parts of it.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    It's a perfectly adequate answer to your question. Can you explain why you think it's not a straight answer?
    Because it didn't address what I asked.

Let me simplify it for you since you seem to be having such difficulty.

Which greenhouse gas has the most influence CO2 or Water Vapor? By what ratio?
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Dude, the only reason we're talking about Roger Pielke Jr is because you misread Borgia's reference to Roger Pielke Sr.
    You're still deflecting.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    You're still deflecting.
    Not deflecting. The Jr. doesn't write climatology papers. He's done some stuff on hurricane damage, but that's about it. The Sr. does do a lot of climatology research. The only reason we're talking about Jr is that you drug him into this because you misread the blog post and can't admit it.

8. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

You've got more patience than Job. The dude has no answers. He just knows he must defend authority. It is what leftists do. The authority makes the facts and the leftists follow them, no questions asked.

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

I answered the question as best as I could, but it's a poorly worded question with use of vague terms and misleading concepts. The only reason you think it didn't address what you asked because you're looking for an answer and I didn't give it to you.

I don't know what you're asking. Influence of what? Ratio of what?

I'm not deflecting, you're not being specific.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    You've got more patience than Job. The dude has no answers. He just knows he must defend authority. It is what leftists do. The authority makes the facts and the leftists follow them, no questions asked.
    That's rich coming from you.

14. Sponsored Links

15. Likes reflechissez liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Why do you keep deflecting? What is the subject of this discussion?

We're talking about the effects of greenhouse gasses on temperatures in case you got lost somewhere.

Now for once give us a straight answer.
    CO2 accounts for 9-30% of greenhouse effect. Water vapor for almost all the rest.

Do you have a point?

17. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Ask a better question. Influence on what? Ratio of what? I can't answer a question that is so vague.
    Why do you keep deflecting? What is the subject of this discussion?

We're talking about the effects of greenhouse gasses on temperatures in case you got lost somewhere.

Now for once give us a straight answer.
    Last edited by WildRose; September 13th, 2017 at 5:24 pm.
    THE DEFICIT

19. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

It's not authority it's dogma.
    You have no answers of your own but you'll criticize me for not having every one.

Rich.

21. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    It's not authority it's dogma.
    THE DEFICIT

23. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

What's the source of this data? Can't do much without knowing the source. Is it a global temperature graph? Comparing a global temperature variation to a single site temperature record would be comparing apples and oranges.
    And that's part of the problem. Say we do use a global comparison for 112,000 years in this cycle compared to 112,000 years in the last cycle. We have mixed methodology in how we take readings now, compared to the readings 1,000+ ago (being liberal with that number it's probably 500 years but that's splitting hairs).

But not being able to compare apples to apples in numbers . . . . there can be no way of being certain what "average" is. I saw one graph posted by a pro man made warming poster that the "average earth temperature" was a 30 year period in the 20th century. No reply when I asked why that 30 year period was the "average mean earth temperature". To me, someone just pulled that out of their hat and said, "hey these numbers look good".
    sigline.jpg
    DISPATCHERS SAVE SECONDS.................SECONDS SAVE LIVES

25. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by snow96 View Post
    And that's part of the problem. Say we do use a global comparison for 112,000 years in this cycle compared to 112,000 years in the last cycle. We have mixed methodology in how we take readings now, compared to the readings 1,000+ ago (being liberal with that number it's probably 500 years but that's splitting hairs).

But not being able to compare apples to apples in numbers . . . . there can be no way of being certain what "average" is. I saw one graph posted by a pro man made warming poster that the "average earth temperature" was a 30 year period in the 20th century. No reply when I asked why that 30 year period was the "average mean earth temperature". To me, someone just pulled that out of their hat and said, "hey these numbers look good".
    The paper I presented was a much closer approximation of global temperature since it used over 70 temperature records. It clearly shows there's nowhere near the same rapid rise in global temperature in that record.

I can't say for certain, but temperature graphs will often label a period of time as zero on the graph. It's an arbitrary definition of normal. It makes no difference.

27. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about the science behind this. I really do not have to cause I have scientists who do that for me. What i see is an entire planet of scientists agreeing on this topic. And then we have this small band of right wing zealots who deny the science over nothing other than that almighty dollar. I don't see why their ideology has to trump the science. And it is all, over money. I have no clue of the science is true, but what I do know is if it is right it will be catastrophic at some point. I would not want to go down in history as the people who denied the science if and when that were to happen. Whatever the hell happened to error on the side of caution I wonder. What bothers me the worse if the science is denied for nothing other than political ideology. I am about as religious as anybody reading this. One of God's most precious gifts is the human mind and science.

Just an uneducated opinion and nothing more.
    As soon as it was apparent the solution was going to require a govt. major role, the wingers became apoplectic. It didn't make any difference that it was true.
    THIS IS UNDER THREAT

29. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    That's all entirely irrelevant.

What is relevant is that we know now that the current rate of warming is significantly higher than it would be without man-caused increase in atmospheric CO2. What is relevant is that we know this man-caused, accelerated rate of warming is going to have highly negative consequences to our ways of life, in a quite short time frame.

You don't ask if eventually dying of heart attack is "normal." You ask if there are things you can stop or start doing NOW to make dying of a heart attack much less likely in the future.
    Actually we don't. It's all hypothesis because as we know the earth has warmed and cooled for millions of years. The graph shows regular cycle of warming and cooling of the earth. The graph shows that even without human intervention the odds are astronomical that the earth would keep warming. There's also slight odds that we might be seeing another bump in warming like at the 400,000 year mark (peak highs suddenly go higher than the previous ones.)

And your trying to tell me that we KNOW for 100% certain that you know why the earth is warming. Same people who told us in 1990 what temperatures would be out 50 years would be (and they missed the mark bad) are telling you that's the reason. But hey . . . they know what they are going NOW right?
    sigline.jpg
    DISPATCHERS SAVE SECONDS.................SECONDS SAVE LIVES

31. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

You have no answers of your own but you'll criticize me for not having every one.

Rich.
    I'm criticizing you because you can't or won't even answer two very simple questions in support of your arguments.

One molecule of water vapor is 50% more effective in absorbing radiation.

Water vapor makes up roughly 10.6 times more of the atmosphere than CO2 so which is having the most influence over temperatures?
    THE DEFICIT

33. Sponsored Links