Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Default Debate is over: Climate change not real

It's been a good debate but it appears the CEC has settled the discussion. The newly born appreciate the world being handed off to them. Thanks Grandma. Thanks Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters
    Trump administration tells EPA to cut climate page from website: sources

U.S. President Donald Trump's administration has instructed the Environmental Protection Agency to remove the climate change page from its website, two agency employees told Reuters, the latest move by the newly minted leadership to erase ex-President Barack Obama's climate change initiatives.

The employees were notified by EPA officials on Tuesday that the administration had instructed EPA's communications team to remove the website's climate change page, which contains links to scientific global warming research, as well as detailed data on emissions. The page could go down as early as Wednesday, the sources said.

"If the website goes dark, years of work we have done on climate change will disappear," one of the EPA staffers told Reuters, who added some employees were scrambling to save some of the information housed on the website, or convince the Trump administration to preserve parts of it.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    Roger Pielke Jr is not a climate scientist.
    Pielke holds' multiple degrees as does his father Sr.

Roger Pielke, Jr. has been on the faculty of the University of Colorado since 2001. He is the director of the Sports Governance Center within the Department of Athletics. Roger’s research focuses on science, innovation and politics. In 2011 he began to write and research on the governance of sports organizations, including FIFA and the NCAA. Roger holds degrees in mathematics, public policy and political science, all from the University of Colorado. In 2012 Roger was awarded an honorary doctorate from Linköping University in Sweden and was also awarded the Public Service Award of the Geological Society of America. Roger also received the Eduard Brückner Prize in Munich, Germany in 2006 for outstanding achievement in interdisciplinary climate research. Before joining the faculty of the University of Colorado, from 1993-2001 Roger was a Scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. He is also author, co-author or co-editor of seven books, including The Honest Broker: Making Sense of Science in Policy and Politics published by Cambridge University Press (2007), The Climate Fix: What Scientists and Politicians Won’t Tell you About Global Warming (2010, Basic Books) and The Rightful Place of Science: Disasters and Climate Change (2014, Consortium for Science, Policy & Outcomes). His most recent book is The Edge: The War Against Cheating and Corruption in the Cutthroat World of Elite Sports (Roaring Forties Press, 2016).
    In either case, my assertion holds true for daring to challenge the "consensus" he was branded a heretic by the climate change crowd.

http://sciencepolicy.colorado.edu/ab.../roger_pielke/
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Pielke holds' multiple degrees as does his father Sr.

In either case, my assertion holds true for daring to challenge the "consensus" he was branded a heretic by the climate change crowd.

http://sciencepolicy.colorado.edu/ab.../roger_pielke/
    His PhD is in political science. His work is in policy. You said opposing information is not considered. You have yet to prove this. Who labeled him a heretic?

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Your hysterics were proven incorrect. Opposing evidence is accepted for publication and the author isn't being run out of town but enjoys a nice cozy faculty position.
    And again, "accepted for publication". He's tenured, so he can't be fired but he's been branded a heretic by the climate change mongers and his views and research summarily rejected.
    I'll let Dante's comment stand. For someone branded a heretic and spurned by the global climate community he sure is being published a lot by that same community. Surprised that you put more emphasis on a blog than on what actually is happening in the scientific journals.

But I guess I should not be surprised since conservatives value blog science more than actual science in journals.
    The point is, you can never be too greedy.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by midman View Post
    Another feather in the right's hat of anti-science. I like it. Hopefully there will be more to come.
    I know absolutely nothing about the science behind this. I really do not have to cause I have scientists who do that for me. What i see is an entire planet of scientists agreeing on this topic. And then we have this small band of right wing zealots who deny the science over nothing other than that almighty dollar. I don't see why their ideology has to trump the science. And it is all, over money. I have no clue of the science is true, but what I do know is if it is right it will be catastrophic at some point. I would not want to go down in history as the people who denied the science if and when that were to happen. Whatever the hell happened to error on the side of caution I wonder. What bothers me the worse if the science is denied for nothing other than political ideology. I am about as religious as anybody reading this. One of God's most precious gifts is the human mind and science.

Just an uneducated opinion and nothing more.
    Last edited by jwil59; September 13th, 2017 at 4:57 pm.
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

His PhD is in political science. His work is in policy. You said opposing information is not considered. You have yet to prove this. Who labeled him a heretic?
    I already provided the citation and we both know it it.

Now why won't you answer the question?
    Which absorbs more heat, CO2, O3, or H2O?

What is the order of their prevalence in the atmosphere?
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

The reason I'm avoiding it is that you're playing a game that is undoubtedly going to be a waste of time. You want me to play "what am I thinking" and it's boring. You could just make your point and we'd be able to discuss it.

All gasses can absorb heat. All matter absorbs heat. Temperature is summation of molecular movement. Heat transfer increases that movement. All gasses can increase in temperature meaning all gasses absorb heat. Water vapor has a higher specific heat than CO2 meaning the equilibrium between the heat source will be lower with water vapor than with CO2. There is more water vapor in the atmosphere than CO2.
    I already provided the citation and we both know it it.

Now why won't you answer the question?
    Answered in 574. Reposted in 582. Third time around. If you don't respond, I'll have to assume you're just trolling.

You didn't cite anything.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Libertarian Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by bootz View Post
    try to work on your comprehension

"Coach Kennedy is not motivated to engage in private religious expression in order to proselytize or attract others to his religious faith,"
    Of course he says that. He used to have the entire team join him in prayer, so don't waste your breath saying there is no pressure on some kid who might be of a different faith or just not want to pray with the team for whatever reason. Praying in school is not prohibited, you blew that one right out the window.
    One cannot impose liberty, for to be free is humanity's greatest yearning.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

You just don't read very well do you?

Roger also received the Eduard Brückner Prize in Munich, Germany in 2006 for outstanding achievement in interdisciplinary climate research. Before joining the faculty of the University of Colorado, from 1993-2001 Roger was a Scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research... .
    From the same page cited above.
    THE DEFICIT

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Answered in 574. Reposted in 582. Third time around. If you don't respond, I'll have to assume you're just trolling.

You didn't cite anything.
    You have yet to give a straight answer in those posts or any other, all you do is continue running from it.

Why is that?
    THE DEFICIT

20. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

You have yet to give a straight answer in those posts or any other, all you do is continue running from it.

Why is that?
    It's a perfectly adequate answer to your question. Can you explain why you think it's not a straight answer?

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    It's completely supported by earth sciences including climate science. Scientists know all this to a extremely high degree of certainty, and is improving the modeling accuracy continuously. Those are facts.
    Ok, show me the experimental data where it has been demonstrated how much of an increase in CO2 is required to effect a 1 degree change in global temps.
    THE DEFICIT

24. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

You just don't read very well do you?

From the same page cited above.
    Dude, the only reason we're talking about Roger Pielke Jr is because you misread Borgia's reference to Roger Pielke Sr.

26. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Why is that?
    It was a straight answer to your question. Can you explain why you think it wasn't? Maybe because it wasn't what you were thinking when you wrote the question?

I knew this was a waste of time.

28. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Because it didn't address what I asked.

Let me simplify it for you since you seem to be having such difficulty.

Which greenhouse gas has the most influence CO2 or Water Vapor? By what ratio?
    Ask a better question. Influence on what? Ratio of what? I can't answer a question that is so vague.

30. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Because it didn't address what I asked.

Let me simplify it for you since you seem to be having such difficulty.

Which greenhouse gas has the most influence CO2 or Water Vapor? By what ratio?
    Ask a better question. Influence on what? Ratio of what? I can't answer a question that is so vague.

32. Sponsored Links