Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Post Like Stats

Default Meryl Streep insults disabled reporter

This little nugget seems to have been overlooked in Meryl Streep's Golden Globe lecture.

It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter. Someone he outranked in privilege, power and the capacity to fight back.
    We're being asked to believe that a reporter does not have the "capacity" to defend him or herself because he or she is disabled. This reporter as much as any has plenty of capacity, power and privilege to fight back. He's not incapacitated. He doesn't need someone to defend his honor or fight his fights unless you have no real respect for disabled people. It's one thing to say you disapprove of a criticism but it's quite another to be so condescending that you end up insulting all people with disabilities.
    Last edited by ksdb; January 10th, 2017 at 3:57 am.

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Meryl Streep, there is a name you don't hear too much these days. A washed up actress who should worry about her next acting gig more than using the handicap as a pawn to make herself look relevant. The next time you hear her name will be attached to her own reality show. A laughable ending to another sad sack that Hollywood put out in the pasture.

4. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by coolidge View Post
    Meryl Streep, there is a name you don't hear too much these days. A washed up actress who should worry about her next acting gig more than using the handicap as a pawn to make herself look relevant. The next time you hear her name will be attached to her own reality show. A laughable ending to another sad sack that Hollywood put out in the pasture.

You know, you can not like her. You can not like what she says. You can't make up some alternate reality about her and except it to be real.

She's still working very consistently. She's been nominated for an Academy Award 5 times in the past 8 years. (though the August: Osage County nom was weak). Next time you hear her name will be probably in the running for another Academy Award nomination and for her next movie which will come out in 2018.

Maybe you should be put out in the pasture as you have no clue what you are talking about.
    My Paul Ryan Marathon time is: 1:56:34

6. Sponsored Links

7. Likes konssurvative1, bodecea liked this post
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't know
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by konssurvative1 View Post
    Completely not true.
    You think that some random reporter most people have never heard of has as much "privilege, power and the capacity to fight back" as the billionaire president-elect of the United States? How do you figure?

9. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Bellicose
    Ideology
    Barry Goldwater Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    You think that some random reporter most people have never heard of has as much "privilege, power and the capacity to fight back" as the billionaire president-elect of the United States? How do you figure?
    Megan Kelly, I mean she was a woman (TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK WHEN I SAY THAT, BUT YOU GET MY POINT, WHEN IT COMES TO TRUMPS VIEW ON WOMEN)...She fought back against two of the most powerful men Trump and Murdoch of Fox News. Go figure. She didn't take Trumps condescending comments, she fought back...and when Murdoch was sexually harassing her...she fought back there too. What makes Serge so weak? Because his had is not functioning properly. Save it. He could have gone media attack at any time he wanted to and fought back and didn't.
    When you say "radical right", I think of these fellows who are trying to take the Republican party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye. ​Goldwater

11. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

13. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmination View Post
    EVERYONE who isn't President Obama has less power to fight back than the billionaire president-elect. Everyone.
    Remember that the OP is a birther. He will never stop.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

15. Sponsored Links

16. Likes bodecea liked this post
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    For years my wife & I have dearly loved MS, but now we're tired of even reading her name. LET HER STORY GO!
    You are so easy.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't know
    Post Like Stats

Megan Kelly, I mean she was a woman (TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK WHEN I SAY THAT, BUT YOU GET MY POINT, WHEN IT COMES TO TRUMPS VIEW ON WOMEN)...She fought back against two of the most powerful men Trump and Murdoch of Fox News. Go figure. She didn't take Trumps condescending comments, she fought back...and when Murdoch was sexually harassing her...she fought back there too. What makes Serge so weak? Because his had is not functioning properly. Save it. He could have gone media attack at any time he wanted to and fought back and didn't.
    Nobody said he couldn't fight back. The reporter was "outranked in privilege, power and the capacity to fight back." Outranked. Not incapable.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by coolidge View Post

You saying it doesn't make it so.

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Ah yes....misogyny is a core value of Drumpfsters.

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Bellicose
    Ideology
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by bodecea View Post
    Ah yes....misogyny is a core value of Drumpfsters.
    You get my point right...A lowly woman was able to fight back...that had to really astonish a lot of people who think that a disabled person has no voice but this pretty blond girl did. Of course you know I am playing purely sarcastic. The point is. The worst person you could ever want to deal with is a disabled person who feels they've been wronged. I know, I work with the disabled population. If this had been an issue the ARCs across this nation, Americans with Disabilities, DAV and the like would have ruined Trump when he did it. That did not happen...Because it was largely a non issue.
    When you say "radical right", I think of these fellows who are trying to take the Republican party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye. ​Goldwater

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter81 View Post
    It is important to ensure that no opportunity for Buyer's regret creeps in. The Lemon is PERFECT.......I would do it all over again.
    I heard that friend. I just don't see what it is about Trump that is so special, besides the fact he isn't a Clinton
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Streep is 100% wrong. Come on Jwil, She used the disability community to attack the President Elect of this country. Streep has the balls enough to attack him then she should have the balls enough to attack him on her own beliefs and not hide behind standing up for a person with a physical disability that is perfectly capable of standing up for himself by just writing a news story about it. She played on the heartstrings of every bleeding heart person who doesn't know the story...only that Trump made fun of a disabled person. She used this person's disability for her own story, her own notariety, and her own personal gain. That is not right, it is wrong.
    I saw it differently myself, but wadda i know

Everybody knew the story already, anybody that wanted to know anyway. I don't see what she said changing anybody's mind on Trump's antics with the disabled guy. Minds are made up pretty much
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

32. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Bellicose
    Ideology
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Camp View Post
    This should end this thread on a healthy dose of "Deplorable" reality.

Excellent point!!
    Never really came back to this thread...I am glad that my comments were received in the manner to which I intended. She wanted us to be outraged about a guy who was completely capable of fighting back with the pen...being mightier than the sword...and didn't...than a completely criminal act that no one thought horrifying not even ms. streep.

34. Sponsored Links