My Mood
    Walking on air
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Default The official Hannity NHL 2016-17 Season Thread

HOCKEY IS OFFICIALLY BACK!
    Questions I have right now:

1.How tough will the entire metropolitan division be this season especially teams like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, both New York teams,and Columbus?
    2. Are the Florida Panthers looking at perhaps being one of the toughest teams in the NHL with players like Jagr?
    3. Did Tampa Bay made a smart move by keeping Steven Stankos long term?
    4. Did the Bolts also made a smart move by not trading Ben Bishop?
    5. What team should fear the NHL Las Vegas draft the most?
    6. What Canadian team has the best chance of winning the cup this year?
    7. What US city has the best chance of getting the NHL 32nd team?
    8. Will any of us want to make a bet Mountain Soldier will make a post saying "The referees are helping the Penguins."?

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

The hell... Ottawa shoots, misses the net, it goes out of play, and the face off is in the Penguins zone?

Doesn't happen like that for the Penguins.

4. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Penguin gets his stick slashed out of his hand, no call. ****ing rigged for Canada.

Senators can do whatever the **** they want to the Penguins.

Penguins don't get five on threes. They simply don't. Haven't had one all playoffs.
    Last edited by Mountain Soldier; May 17th, 2017 at 9:44 pm.

6. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Heh, another penguin oenalty. Awesome. Right at the end.

8. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Sure, they call slashing on the Penguins.

10. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Wow they called that. Actually, not surprised. Ottawa can do anything.

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Only Malkin with a misconduct. Awesome.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Calm
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Soldier View Post
    <snip>

Senators can do whatever the **** they want to the Penguins.

<snip>
    Haven't you learned yet? Every other team in the NHL can do whatever they want to the Penguins. The entirety of the NHL is rigged to ensure that the Pens don't win the Stanley Cup.
    Sola Scriptura. Sola fide. Sola gratia. Solo Christo. Soli Deo gloria.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Phaneuf, hit to the head of Rust. In the concussion protocol. Nothing assessed.

Niskanen cross checks Crosby in th ****ing head, no punishment.

Penguins opponents can literally do anything, without worries of repercussions.
    Wasn't Niskanen penalized?

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Wow they called that. Actually, not surprised. Ottawa can do anything.
    6 minors for each, difference in PIM was the misconduct on Malkin - don't know what it was for, but I'm sure you'll tell me he was just an innocent victim of the NHL's machine to take down the Penguins.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Sure, they call slashing on the Penguins.
    Couple months ago, Crosby slashed Marc Methot. Injured him pretty badly. CUT OFF PART OF HIS ****ING FINGER BY SLASHING HIM WITH A HOCKEY STICK.

The owner of the senators was complaining that Crosby should be suspended for a long time because he slashed someone. He said the suspension should be as long as the injured player is out. Ok- they should have had that in place when Crosby was hit by Steckel and then by Hedman. But no, he didn't say shot then. Only when his guy got injured.

He's a ****.
    That was your response.

Hedman's hit was exactly the same as Byfuglien's hit on Schultz this year, which you wrongly (and repeatedly) referred to as boarding, so I won't bother addressing it. Hedman wasn't trying to hurt Crosby (more than anyone else you'd check into the boards when you're Hedman's size, anyway), and he absolutely didn't do anything against the rules. Your anger at that one continues to baffle me.

With Steckel's hit, you could probably argue intent, and you could argue whether he should have been penalized/suspended for it. But someone arguing against you would have as good an argument that it was incidental contact, Steckel wasn't looking at him, it wasn't direct contact to the head, etc. Both sides would have a case, but if I were judging the argument and you made a reasoned case, I could see myself ruling in your favor.

Slashing someone in the hands, on the other hand (no pun intended), doesn't require a lot of interpretation. Player 1 was trying to commit an illegal act (slashing), and hits player 2 in the hands. Whether he intended to hit the player in the hands is irrelevant...the intent to swing your stick at him is very clearly there. This is where a comparison with Niskanen would be appropriate...both Niskanen and Crosby intended to commit an illegal act (cross-checking, slashing), and both succeeded in a far more dangerous manner than they probably intended. Please note that I do not believe Sidney Crosby intended to dismember Marc Methot in any way here.

You argued, VOCIFEROUSLY, that Niskanen should be suspended. I agreed with you. But when someone suggested Crosby be suspended for doing something pretty ****ing dangerous in its own right...you respond in this manner.

The owner of the senators was complaining that Crosby should be suspended for a long time because he slashed someone. He said the suspension should be as long as the injured player is out. Ok- they should have had that in place when Crosby was hit by Steckel and then by Hedman. But no, he didn't say **** then. Only when his guy got injured.

He's a ****.
    To the bolded - no ****.

Never mind that the Senators owner doesn't give a **** about Steckel or Hedman because they're not on his team. He just watched one of his players LOSE A PIECE OF HIS FINGER BECAUSE SIDNEY CROSBY SLASHED IT OFF!!!!! And your response is to whine that people weren't suspended for hurting Crosby in the past, as though that gives him some sort of pass.

Sweet Jesus you're a hypocrite.

And I'll say this again just to head off your inevitable response...I wasn't alive during the Broad Street Bullies, and hockey was a VASTLY different game then. I constantly called for Flyers who committed violent, (non-fighting) acts, like Boulerice, Rinaldo, Downie and Jody Shelley to be suspended for extended periods because they were ****ing dirty.

In the years we've been discussing hockey...or to more accurately describe the interaction, you've been whining about "unfair officiating" and I've mostly been proving you wrong...you have rarely, if ever, been able to condemn the actions of a Penguin. And on the rare occasion when you have, it ALWAYS comes with some kind of condition, like "well, _______ was wrong, but did you see what ______ did?"

It's insufferable. Fortunately I don't think all Penguins fans act like this. You've taken "homerism" to an entirely new and pathetically ridiculous level.

22. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Penguin high stickers, with blood, no call. A Penguins is penalized for it . Typical.

24. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Funkenstein View Post
    Couple months ago, Crosby slashed Marc Methot. Injured him pretty badly. CUT OFF PART OF HIS ****ING FINGER BY SLASHING HIM WITH A HOCKEY STICK.

That was your response.

Hedman's hit was exactly the same as Byfuglien's hit on Schultz this year, which you wrongly (and repeatedly) referred to as boarding, so I won't bother addressing it. Hedman wasn't trying to hurt Crosby (more than anyone else you'd check into the boards when you're Hedman's size, anyway), and he absolutely didn't do anything against the rules. Your anger at that one continues to baffle me.

With Steckel's hit, you could probably argue intent, and you could argue whether he should have been penalized/suspended for it. But someone arguing against you would have as good an argument that it was incidental contact, Steckel wasn't looking at him, it wasn't direct contact to the head, etc. Both sides would have a case, but if I were judging the argument and you made a reasoned case, I could see myself ruling in your favor.

Slashing someone in the hands, on the other hand (no pun intended), doesn't require a lot of interpretation. Player 1 was trying to commit an illegal act (slashing), and hits player 2 in the hands. Whether he intended to hit the player in the hands is irrelevant...the intent to swing your stick at him is very clearly there. This is where a comparison with Niskanen would be appropriate...both Niskanen and Crosby intended to commit an illegal act (cross-checking, slashing), and both succeeded in a far more dangerous manner than they probably intended. Please note that I do not believe Sidney Crosby intended to dismember Marc Methot in any way here.

You argued, VOCIFEROUSLY, that Niskanen should be suspended. I agreed with you. But when someone suggested Crosby be suspended for doing something pretty ****ing dangerous in its own right...you respond in this manner.

To the bolded - no ****.

Never mind that the Senators owner doesn't give a **** about Steckel or Hedman because they're not on his team. He just watched one of his players LOSE A PIECE OF HIS FINGER BECAUSE SIDNEY CROSBY SLASHED IT OFF!!!!! And your response is to whine that people weren't suspended for hurting Crosby in the past, as though that gives him some sort of pass.

Sweet Jesus you're a hypocrite.

And I'll say this again just to head off your inevitable response...I wasn't alive during the Broad Street Bullies, and hockey was a VASTLY different game then. I constantly called for Flyers who committed violent, (non-fighting) acts, like Boulerice, Rinaldo, Downie and Jody Shelley to be suspended for extended periods because they were ****ing dirty.

In the years we've been discussing hockey...or to more accurately describe the interaction, you've been whining about "unfair officiating" and I've mostly been proving you wrong...you have rarely, if ever, been able to condemn the actions of a Penguin. And on the rare occasion when you have, it ALWAYS comes with some kind of condition, like "well, _______ was wrong, but did you see what ______ did?"

It's insufferable. Fortunately I don't think all Penguins fans act like this. You've taken "homerism" to an entirely new and pathetically ridiculous level.
    I remember you explicitly defending Ronaldo when he hit Letang- you said the puck was at his feet and he was perfect eligible to be hit in the manner he was.

There could be twenty calls a game when someone is slashed in the manner similar to Methot. Yet Crosby is the only one who should be punished? Gimme a ****ing break and spare me the hypocrite name-calling.

In this game Ruhwedel gets high sticked and then leveled, nothing called against the Senators. The Penguin gets called for roughing.

This is ****ing ********. The senators can ****ing do anything to the Penguins with impunity.

26. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

And another ******** call on the Penguins.

28. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

And another ******** call on the Penguins.

30. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Now the senators punching the Penguins, throwing them down after the whistle...

32. Sponsored Links